UDFA signings- BILLS ONLY!

New rule for pro athletes...The can, if they have a pro contact, a recruiter. I don't remember the specifics but if they stay for more than, I think, three years in a league they can go reserve.

And they must make team for two consecutive years.. I believe this means practice squad too

this kid seems like a beast and sounds like he would fit the Bill for the FB position on our team and i hope he starts and becomes better then Owen Schmitt some physco who is overrated because he is crazy GO Viti and i hope you are a Bill for many years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

New rule is that if a cadet has an exceptional talent (see Caleb Campbell and Mike Viti if they make the NFL rosters), they are obligated to spend 2 years doing recruiting on the side of their job.

If they are still playing in the NFL after those two years, they have the option to buy-out their remaining 3 years of active duty by committing to 6 years of reserve service. Or they can go into active duty for 3 years if they have washed out.

That what I call a motivating factor. Make a pro roster or go get shot at. Talk about an incentive to play!

http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=2&c=750944

Buffalo signs Robert Felton G Arkansas.....This kid is inconsistent but a road grader. Great signing if someone can motivate him.

Interesting developmental pick. PFW's Nolan Nawrocki had him rated the 10th best OG and gave him a 5.17 grade (better than average chance to make an NFL roster).

His biggest weakness appears to be his footwork and functional strength. Hummm...wasn't that the rep on the last guy we signed as an UDFA from Arkansas?

I would think the Bills have to be high on the list of every UDFA O-linemen, given the lack of depth on the roster. I'd love to see them sign one or more of these guys (anybody know if they've signed with anyone yet?):

Kirk Elder OG

Martin O'Donnell OG

Fernado Velasco C/OG

Interesting developmental pick. PFW's Nolan Nawrocki had him rated the 10th best OG and gave him a 5.17 grade (better than average chance to make an NFL roster).

His biggest weakness appears to be his footwork and functional strength. Hummm...wasn't that the rep on the last guy we signed as an UDFA from Arkansas?

I would think the Bills have to be high on the list of every UDFA O-linemen, given the lack of depth on the roster. I'd love to see them sign one or more of these guys (anybody know if they've signed with anyone yet?):

Kirk Elder OG

Martin O'Donnell OG

Fernado Velasco C/OG

Velasco signed with Tenn. I agree we should be bringing in numbers at the OL positions. Let them compete.

Buffalo signs Robert Felton G Arkansas.....This kid is inconsistent but a road grader. Great signing if someone can motivate him.

Some comments from PFW: "Has a frame to develop with long 34-inch arms....Solid anchor in pass protection....Can sit and stop a charge....Shows surprising strength to handle power....Is versatile.....Has a bad body that looks like it has never seen a weight room....Not a great worker....Lacks confidence....Will lunge and whiff...Three-and-a-half-year starter in the SEC has lined up at center, guard, and tackle.However, he lacks ideal quickness to line up at center or handle edge speed, and his best chance will come at right guard. Could take some strides if he were to commit more in the weight room."

Like the idea of an OL prospect with versatility and experience at all the positions.

10th Best Undrafted Player according to FoxSports.com:

"One of the draft's most versatile guard prospects, able to step in at any position, especially center, he's a big, powerful blocker with the feet to grow into a pass protector on the outside if someone wants to develop him into a tackle. The problem is in the development. He needs coaching on his technique and he'll need to find one position and stick with it; it's probably not center at the pro level."

CFN Projection: Fourth round

CFN Position Ranking: 9

Edited: That description makes absolutely no sense: "able to step in at any position" in the first sentance vs. "find one position and stick with it" in the third. I wonder if these draft gurus even read what they're writing....

Thanks. :o

I bet reading that description made a few folks around here a little aroused. :lol:

So you think some here are aroused by him but stick your tongue out while talking about him. :beer:

Joseph Brockington

ILB | (6'1", 219, 4.9) | NOTRE DAME

Strengths: Shows good overall quickness and flashes the ability to uncoil on blockers at the point of contact despite lack of size. Uses his hands well and makes it difficult for blockers to lock onto frame. Does a nice job of breaking down in open field and is a reliable tackler. Stays balance and can recover after overrunning play by spinning back. Plays with a good motor and takes solid pursuit angles. Has experience covering kicks and capable of contributing on special teams. Has stayed relatively healthy and appears to be durable.

Weaknesses: Can add some bulk to frame but undersized for position and is going to get engulfed by interior offensive linemen. Lacks adequate lower body strength and isn't stout at the point of attack Turn his back when meeting blockers in the hole and does not do a solid job of defending his gap. Has limited range and isn't a sideline-to-sideline player. Will over-pursue and creates too many cut-back opportunities for backs. Takes too long to locate the football and does not appear to have the instincts to recognize play action or misdirection. Does not take proper angles to his drops and fails to read routes when asked to drop into zone coverage.

Overall: Brockington arrived at Notre Dame in 2003 but didn't play that year. In his first three seasons (2004-'06), he appeared in 35 games (nine starts) and had 71 tackles (three for losses), one sack and a pass breakup. As a senior in 2007 (he was awarded a fifth season), Brockington played in all 12 games (10 starts) and finished the season with 108 tackles (8.5 got losses), four sacks, five pass breakups and three blocked kicks. Brockington is stronger than his size suggests and he plays hard. However, he doesn't have prototypical size or lower body strength for an inside linebacker and he gets caught out of position far too much so he's a developmental prospect who projects as a seventh round pick or rookie free agent.

10th Best Undrafted Player according to FoxSports.com:

"One of the draft's most versatile guard prospects, able to step in at any position, especially center, he's a big, powerful blocker with the feet to grow into a pass protector on the outside if someone wants to develop him into a tackle. The problem is in the development. He needs coaching on his technique and he'll need to find one position and stick with it; it's probably not center at the pro level."

CFN Projection: Fourth round

CFN Position Ranking: 9

Edited: That description makes absolutely no sense: "able to step in at any position" in the first sentance vs. "find one position and stick with it" in the third. I wonder if these draft gurus even read what they're writing....

I agree with you. They don't read what they write.

That's what Caleb Campbell, safety from Army, said in ESPN interview. If he got drafted (which he did by Detroit the pick before Buffalo's 5th I believe) he wouldn't have to go to Iraq and would be used in recruiting. I was disappointed the Bills didn't draft him but sounds like they signed the next best guy. They said, an added attraction to get kids to go to the Academy having a player get drafted by the NFL.

I think his military job is to serve as a recruiter (according to radio reports)

That's what Caleb Campbell, safety from Army, said in ESPN interview. If he got drafted (which he did by Detroit the pick before Buffalo's 5th I believe) he wouldn't have to go to Iraq and would be used in recruiting. I was disappointed the Bills didn't draft him but sounds like they signed the next best guy. They said, an added attraction to get kids to go to the Academy having a player get drafted by the NFL.

He needs to be on an NFL roster for two years to forgo his time to be served overseas.

More on Felton, the OG:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/6653.html

BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference honors as a senior. Used at both tackle positions as well as guard in college.

POSITIVES: Explosive blocker with good size and growth potential. Quick off the snap, fluid moving about the field, and can block in motion. Nasty, always looking for someone to hit, and fights with his hands throughout the action. Sets with a wide base, blocks with good lean, and explosive in all his actions. Anchors in pass protection and keeps his feet moving on contact.

NEGATIVES: Does not possess the dominant base and is not a true drive-blocker. On the ground too much and must improve his blocking balance. Not known as a hard worker and has a soft body.

ANALYSIS: Felton possesses a lot of natural skill and holds a good degree of upside potential. He's been productive on the college level and can have a career in the NFL if he makes football a priority and works hard to improve his strength and conditioning.

PROJECTION: Late Fifth Round

Looks like a solid project pick for the O-line. :o

Yeah, that was stupid, never liked it

Buffalo Bills

QB Luke Drone (Illinois State)

LB Joe Brockington (Notre Dame)

DT Teraz McCray (Miami, FL)

WR Jason Jones (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

FB Mike Viti (Army)

LB Jon Banks (Iowa State)

OL Robert Felton (Arkansas)

LB Marcus Buggs (Vanderbilt)

RB Bruce Hall (Mississippi)

http://fflivewire.com/articles/2008_NFL_Un...Signings_1.aspx

Buffalo Bills

QB Luke Drone (Illinois State)

LB Joe Brockington (Notre Dame)

DT Teraz McCray (Miami, FL)

WR Jason Jones (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

FB Mike Viti (Army)

LB Jon Banks (Iowa State)

OL Robert Felton (Arkansas)

LB Marcus Buggs (Vanderbilt)

RB Bruce Hall (Mississippi)

http://fflivewire.com/articles/2008_NFL_Un...Signings_1.aspx

Thanks, you rock! :D

From the article on the front page:

“I’m cognizant of the fact that I represent more than just the Buffalo Bills, but also the United States Army. I just have to do the best I can and serve in multiple facets. I don’t look at it as backing away from my commitment because I still am serving my country in the role of a recruiter. My service to my nation won’t be done when I’m done with the Buffalo Bills because no matter if I spend one day or 10 years in the NFL, I plan on serving my nation when my career is over.”

-Mike Viti

I hope this guy makes the team.

From the article on the front page:

“I’m cognizant of the fact that I represent more than just the Buffalo Bills, but also the United States Army. I just have to do the best I can and serve in multiple facets. I don’t look at it as backing away from my commitment because I still am serving my country in the role of a recruiter. My service to my nation won’t be done when I’m done with the Buffalo Bills because no matter if I spend one day or 10 years in the NFL, I plan on serving my nation when my career is over.”

-Mike Viti

I hope this guy makes the team.

I hope this guy makes the Pro Bowl -- as a Bill, of course. But I guess we need to start with him making the team. :D