7th Round Selection: Demetrius Bell OT Northwestern St.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Peters, can anyone ever think of a time these projects work out? I can't.

Dan Brandenburg anyone?

OK --- Here's one .. Howard "The House" Ballard. Drafted in the 12th round. Would have been a UDFA in today's draft.

There are many others.

looks like camp fodder to me.

Then you don't know what you're looking at. He's green as grass and his balance and footwork is already better than half our line. Lock him in the weight room and teach him how to use his hands better and you'll be very very very happy. Big men with quick feet like that are exceedingly rare.

did I read somewhere that this is Karl Malone's kid?

I don't know if you read it or not but it's true

The two have been estranged for most of Bell's life. And Bell, who switched from basketball to football three years ago at Northwestern State University, doesn't expect that to change after he was selected with the 219th overall pick.

"I wouldn't say it's disappointing. All of that's behind me now," Bell said when asked if it mattered that he couldn't share the achievement with Malone. "I feel good I made it this far. Nothing against him."

Bell, the son of Gloria Williams, was 18 when he first made contact with Malone, according to the notes provided by the NFL. At the time, Malone told Bell that, "It was too late for him to be his father and that Bell would `earn his money on his own,'" the NFL notes said.

WHAT A DICK!!!

How many did he have? Shawn kemp had like 19. Calvin Murphy had 14 by 9 women. Anthony Mason had a small village and I actually think I had one in my class but he didn't know it. his name was actually Anthony Mason and he was a dead ringer for Pops.

Well that is nothing compared to our previous two starting running backs. They, by now, have repopulated New Orleans all by themselves.

According to Wilson's article in TBN today, Karl Malone fathered Bell with a woman that was 13 years old when Bell was born. (Malone was a sophomore in college.) That means he knocked her up at 12 or 13. Classy.