This Draft Sucks!

Who on this board doesn't get information from the internet? What a dumb comment. My guess is that you guys are ridiculous. When a team hasn't made the playoffs since 1999, I think it's fair for the fans to question things.

THINK about what you're saying. You get your information on these players from the Internet, from amateur mocks. (Fans with time).

Do you think NFL scouts and personnel professionals get their info from these sources?

I hope a bell just rung in your cerebellum.

Yes, it's fair to question, but 'questioning' isn't what is happening. You and others are outright *damning* the work of the Bills staff before these players have had a chance to touch the ball. Why? Because you don't recognize the names from the mocks you have come to be familiar with.

That, BenchBledsoe, is an example of 'ridiculous' commentary.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy. He presumes to know enough information about this draft class to declare a year of professional analysis by the Bills staff a bust. None of these guys have had a chance to play a down, and he's already implicitly declaring himself as being qualified to condemn the work of a team of professionals.

I'm not doing that. That's how.

Two things wrt the above....

1) I think that a fan can be against a particular draft philosophy. The Bills have one that is a proven loser. They use their best picks on defensive backs and let them walk, while not being able to convert 3rd and short, not being able to stop 3rd and short, and playing in the elements where passing matters less. Sorry, but this to me is stupid, and the continued losses attest to this.

Now, if our latest 1st round DB is as good as Mel Blount or Ronnie Lott (think that he is?), then of course he will be a good pick but guess what? The same could be said about more important positions. For instance, if Branden Albert is the next John Hannah or Larry Little, good pick, right? We choose to focus on little players, and lose.

2) Not every Coach/GM is all that. Do they know more than posters on a message board? Certainly. Still, Jauron came to town with a specialty.....losing. Nobody would give Levy a job for a decade or more, and next thing ya know he was in charge of our draft. Now, I hear he is a consultant. Just freaking great.

In summary, liking this madness is not a prerequisite to being a good fan. I want the Bills to win just as much as you, or people who like what is happening with our team.

I didn't throw that out until he wrote the first personal attack. See how things get twisted by "The Clique" ?

It is never OK to insult the family of a poster. I have been called quite a few names today and that is fine. This guy's mother didn't do a damn thing to you.

Sorry, you are flat out wrong. :thumbsup:

THINK about what you're saying. You get your information on these players from the Internet, from amateur mocks. (Fans with time).

Do you think NFL scouts and personnel professionals get their info from these sources?

I hope a bell just rung in your cerebellum.

Yes, it's fair to question, but 'questioning' isn't what is happening. You and others are outright *damning* the work of the Bills staff before these players have had a chance to touch the ball. Why? Because you don't recognize the names from the mocks you have come to be familiar with.

That, BenchBledsoe, is an example of 'ridiculous' commentary.

Yes, the Bills and their personnel professionals get their info directly (first hand). But, comparing them to me and not other NFL teams is where you have faulty logic. It's apples and oranges. I'd hope that they know more than the fans since that is their jobs. But, as compared to other NFL teams, they have fallen short for a long time (1999). Get it? I've tried to put it in terms you might comprehend.

Yes, the Bills and their personnel professionals get their info directly (first hand). But, comparing them to me and not other NFL teams is where you have faulty logic. It's apples and oranges. I'd hope that they know more than the fans since that is their jobs. But, as compared to other NFL teams, they have fallen short for a long time (1999). Get it? I've tried to put it in terms you might comprehend.

You fail to make any point. This has been about the overreacting and pre-judging of the Bills draft picks. So now your focus is what...the bills haven't made the playoffs? Yes, that blows. We've had how many coaches and systems in that time? Continuity has finally arrived. With an NFL record number of guys on IR last year, we almost made the playoffs, despite being the second or third youngest team in the league.

You can whine about the past, which you can't change, or you can enjoy the present. If you can't enjoy the present, find another frickin' team.

Is that in 'terms you might comprehend'?

It is never OK to insult the family of a poster. I have been called quite a few names today and that is fine. This guy's mother didn't do a damn thing to you.

Sorry, you are flat out wrong. :thumbsup:

Bill,

Ramius/nodnarb/deep2evans/Pete are like little fire ants biting and stinging all day long until people get crazy, then when you say something off-color--they say, "See what he said." They think they are the Nazi guard of this board. They try to censor you by calling you idiot, moron, aszhole, etc etc.

But you're right, if you are going to insult their mothers, it's better said to say their mothers should have had abortions.

You fail to make any point. This has been about the overreacting and pre-judging of the Bills draft picks. So now your focus is what...the bills haven't made the playoffs? Yes, that blows. We've had how many coaches and systems in that time? Continuity has finally arrived. With an NFL record number of guys on IR last year, we almost made the playoffs, despite being the second or third youngest team in the league.

You can whine about the past, which you can't change, or you can enjoy the present. If you can't enjoy the present, find another frickin' team.

Is that in 'terms you might comprehend'?

"Find another frickin team"? See my post, #13, of Mopreme's "Draft turned to bust" . I correctly predicted some jerk off would say that. Looks like you're drivel by rote needs a fresh angle.

My point is this: You cannot compare the fans knowledge to an NFL scouting dept. right? So, I have to compare ours to other NFL teams. And they have fallen short this century.

Two things wrt the above....

1) I think that a fan can be against a particular draft philosophy. The Bills have one that is a proven loser. They use their best picks on defensive backs and let them walk, while not being able to convert 3rd and short, not being able to stop 3rd and short, and playing in the elements where passing matters less. Sorry, but this to me is stupid, and the continued losses attest to this.

Now, if our latest 1st round DB is as good as Mel Blount or Ronnie Lott (think that he is?), then of course he will be a good pick but guess what? The same could be said about more important positions. For instance, if Branden Albert is the next John Hannah or Larry Little, good pick, right? We choose to focus on little players, and lose.

2) Not every Coach/GM is all that. Do they know more than posters on a message board? Certainly. Still, Jauron came to town with a specialty.....losing. Nobody would give Levy a job for a decade or more, and next thing ya know he was in charge of our draft. Now, I hear he is a consultant. Just freaking great.

In summary, liking this madness is not a prerequisite to being a good fan. I want the Bills to win just as much as you, or people who like what is happening with our team.

You can begin to evaluate this draft at the end of the 2009 season. Until then, there isn't much data to work with.

"Find another frickin team"? See my post, #13, of Mopreme's "Draft turned to bust" . I correctly predicted some jerk off would say that. Looks like you're drivel by rote needs a fresh angle.

My point is this: You cannot compare the fans knowledge to an NFL scouting dept. right? So, I have to compare ours to other NFL teams. And they have fallen short this century.

Okay, keep moving the target to suit yourself.

I'm excited about the Bills draft. You're not.

Enjoy!

It's the same three shi%heads that come on this board and relentlessy insult people.

They just don't know when to stick a sock in it.

I like to meet each one personally and see how tough they are face to face.

Yep, we should call them "The Three Amigos".

You can begin to evaluate this draft at the end of the 2009 season. Until then, there isn't much data to work with.

You are obviously correct. I don't disagree at all. Still......

>>>>I think that a fan can be against a particular draft philosophy. The Bills have one that is a proven loser.<<<<<

I stand by this from my previous post.

Yep, we should call them "The Three Amigos".

Are you guys referring to yourselves? Because you're the ones with all the negativity after every pick or about the draft in general.

If reacting to over-reacting rubs you the wrong way, try taking a walk after each pick.

You are obviously correct. I don't disagree at all. Still......

>>>>I think that a fan can be against a particular draft philosophy. The Bills have one that is a proven loser.<<<<<

I stand by this from my previous post.

Absolutely what I've been trying to get through to them. They simply don't want to hear it. I believe they are in denial or something. They need to face facts that we haven't been successful in a long time. I think they are stuck (in their minds) in the Superbowl years.

Bill,

Ramius/nodnarb/deep2evans/Pete are like little fire ants biting and stinging all day long until people get crazy, then when you say something off-color--they say, "See what he said." They think they are the Nazi guard of this board. They try to censor you by calling you idiot, moron, aszhole, etc etc.

But you're right, if you are going to insult their mothers, it's better said to say their mothers should have had abortions.

Most people you mentioned just get irritated at the constant sky is falling posts that happen to overtake this board 75% of the year and 99% of the time when the draft is on. People get mad that player A or position B wasn't selected, when these same people have absolutely no clue what our coaches know about the current roster or what our talent evaluators know about the draft. They constantly B word that they know whats best over people who have been doing this for a life time, have 100 times more access to evaluation tools, and actually know who on the roster might be up and coming, who won't, and who might not even be with us soon. Our evaluators and coaches are not perfect, no coaches are perfect, no GM's are perfect, but anybody who presumes this draft to be a failure before it's even over, before at least 3 years has elapsed, based on position selected or the players selected, is a flat out idiot.

Are you guys referring to yourselves? Because you're the ones with all the negativity after every pick or about the draft in general.

If reacting to over-reacting rubs you the wrong way, try taking a walk after each pick.

No, we're referring to you and the other guys who jump on people with personal insults when we (God forbid) say we didn't like something.

Most people you mentioned just get irritated at the constant sky is falling posts that happen to overtake this board 75% of the year and 99% of the time when the draft is on. People get mad that player A or position B wasn't selected, when these same people have absolutely no clue what our coaches know about the current roster or what our talent evaluators know about the draft. They constantly B word that they know whats best over people who have been doing this for a life time, have 100 times more access to evaluation tools, and actually know who on the roster might be up and coming, who won't, and who might not even be with us soon. Our evaluators and coaches are not perfect, no coaches are perfect, no GM's are perfect, but anybody who presumes this draft to be a failure before it's even over, before at least 3 years has elapsed, based on position selected or the players selected, is a flat out idiot.

Thank you - I really didn't want to have to repeat myself again.

I don't know why it's so hard for some fans to renew their hope/enthusiasm every offseason/draft. That's what it's all about. And it's all that we can do.

Okay, been getting ripped on here anyway, even when I try to take a middle of the road approach. SO, flame and rip away, but this draft sucks in terms of POSITIONS they targeted. Nobody has a crystal ball to know how the actual players themselves will turn out, but the positions they've gone after are more than curious.

Flame away, rip away, run me out of here on a rail, burn me at the stake, or what ever . . . but many will agree with me to some degree.

I don't know how to tell you this, but your vagina is showing. :thumbsup:

About our draft, I wish we would've picked a stud TE or a dominating DE. Overall, I think we filled some critical needs. I think the Bills' front office could've done a better job if it weren't for those 31 other damn teams trying to do the same as us. :nana:

tim anderson, ron edwards, ed bannon, everett, mike williams, and several others were need position picks (positions that most people here say we still need

players for) that everyone felt good about.

they all sucked or didn't pan out and because of that we have had our problems over the years. it's not about the position as much as it is about the player.

AND OUR PICKS WERE ALL FOR NEEDS TODAY ANYWAY!!

No, we're referring to you and the other guys who jump on people with personal insults when we (God forbid) say we didn't like something.

Don't pretend that insults are beyond you. You've been insulting every employee of the Bills with your draft pick commentary. And none of it has been backed up by anything intelligent or informed. Ergo, reaction.

I'll bet that you'll be riotously cheering at least one draft pick this year that today you have declared a stupid pick.

I still remember the day McGee was drafted. So many knee-jerk reactions because nobody had seen his name on an amateur mock. And here we are again, same old story.