Just watched Raging Bull

K-Gun10

It was excellent and the subject (Jake LaMotta) was an intriguing man. He was the chief foil of my favorite boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson.

I was extremely happy that Marty shot this in B&W; in color it would have not held up. He always delivers----- {Mean Streets & Departed???}

Awesome flick....I need to rent this again now that you mention it....it's been a long time since my last viewing.

By the way, just as a side note...anyone with a good HT system needs to rent Cloverfield. I just upgraded my subwoofer, and holy CRAP was this movie intense. :unsure:

MY eyes were open with a great performance by Robert DeNiro, everyone kept telling me how great this movie is they were right awazing.

Anyone have any comments on this flick?

I think this was the first DeNiro-Pesci collaboration.

That was no makeup- DeNiro actually gained all that weight.

Awesome flick....I need to rent this again now that you mention it....it's been a long time since my last viewing.

By the way, just as a side note...anyone with a good HT system needs to rent Cloverfield. I just upgraded my subwoofer, and holy CRAP was this movie intense. :unsure:

What Sub did you get? I recently upgraded to a Paradigm PW2200. I'll watch some pretty crappy movies now if they have good sound!

What Sub did you get? I recently upgraded to a Paradigm PW2200. I'll watch some pretty crappy movies now if they have good sound!

I don't care what kind of audio system you have. You still won't be able to to tolerate You Got Served :unsure::beer::D :D :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:;) If I didn't get a piece that night, I probably would have shot myself

I think this was the first DeNiro-Pesci collaboration.

That was no makeup- DeNiro actually gained all that weight.

He gained all that weight for the part and then cut up for Cape Fear- all in the name of getting into the character. Easy for DeNiro- it should be easy for most Americans. But most Americans are too lazy and practice too much instant gratification.

Does it have lots of gunfire and explosions?

I don't think so. The only parts of the movie I remember were in line with the South Park spoof which I had seen previously. The rest of the movie I spent focused on the girl I was watching the DVD with :unsure:

I went with this beast http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb13ultra.cfm

I've been a pretty loyal SVS guy for the past seven years. I know Fez is a card-carrying member too, so keep them on your radar when the time comes for an upgrade :unsure:

I'd say you did pretty well, though...I hate the PDR line of Paradigm subs, cause they are way overpriced, but the PW2200 isn't bad at all. It should do a very good job with Cloverfield :beer:

I don't care what kind of audio system you have. You still won't be able to to tolerate You Got Served :unsure::beer::D :D :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:;) If I didn't get a piece that night, I probably would have shot myself

Did you have to watch it in order to get the piece?

:beer:

Unfortunately the piece came after the movie. And in retrospect, it wasn't worth it :unsure:

Poon remorse, eh? :D