We don't want Devin Thomas

freester

Rosenhaus is already causing enough problems around the league. From chicago sun times

The seed planted by Drew Rosenhaus, the Bears or both on Thursday that the club was checking out Michigan State wide receiver Devin Thomas turned out to be a smoke screen. As in it was a hoax. We will count ourselves guilty of being suckered in and are here to set the record straight. Wide receivers coach Darryl Drake did not travel to Michigan to meet with the top prospect today.

Many expect Thomas to be the first receiver off the board, selected by the Buffalo Bills at No. 11. Obviously, news that the Bears would be interested helps Thomas in the event the Bills do not select him, and helps the Bears as they do their damnedest to make someone believe they’re not targeting an offensive tackle

As much as I hate the guys persona, i think the Bills have a good relationship with him. We worked out a fair deal for Roscoe, and Stroud got his guaranteed when he got traded here. I wouldn't expect many problems.

Although, if Rosenhaus being his agent leads us to draft Limas Sweed (11 or trade down), I'm all for it :lol:

That really has nothing to do with the post...

wrong.

the post said we don't want thomas because drew is a difficult agent.

i say we do want thomas, because drew is a smart guy who's players tend to be kick ass players. he's covering thomas, so that's further evidence that thomas is sick.

CATFEESH?

I really wonder if some teams might shy away from certain players because they don't like the players agent.

I know I would, and one guy I would avoid is Hadley Englehard. He is Travis' agent and also DeWayne Robertson's.

I think in every walk of life you'll find groups that prefer not to do business with certain people. Sports is a little different though and Im sure that if a team likes a guy enough they just suck it up and deal with whatever scumbag represents that player.

I know I would, and one guy I would avoid is Hadley Englehard. He is Travis' agent and also DeWayne Robertson's.

I think in every walk of life you'll find groups that prefer not to do business with certain people. Sports is a little different though and Im sure that if a team likes a guy enough they just suck it up and deal with whatever scumbag represents that player.

I know Hadley personally, and he is a helluva nice guy. He is also a very good agent and is not the type to create problems or protracted holdouts.

For the record, whenever rosenhaus's clients holdout or demand a new contract, the player usually switched agents and hired drew right before then. This happend with countless players, including Javon Walker.

So its the player that wants to holdout, not the agent. And :unsure: you for making me defend that scumbag rosenhaus.

Ultimately, the salaries of drafted players are slotted. It's not the rookie contract that will be tough with Rosenhaus. It's the second contract.

But if Thomas turns out to be a stud, making negotiations for the second contract tough, then I think we can live with that.

I know Hadley personally, and he is a helluva nice guy. He is also a very good agent and is not the type to create problems or protracted holdouts.

He still robbed the jets blind on that roberston contract. Clearly he takes a position and doesnt do much moving.

As much as I hate the guys persona, i think the Bills have a good relationship with him. We worked out a fair deal for Roscoe, and Stroud got his guaranteed when he got traded here. I wouldn't expect many problems.

Sam here but I still hate the guy. He's good at getting guys signed but I don't like his personality.

Although, if Rosenhaus being his agent leads us to draft Limas Sweed (11 or trade down), I'm all for it :unsure:

Willis McGahee?! :beer:

I really wonder if some teams might shy away from certain players because they don't like the players agent.

I don't have a link because I read the article a few years ago. It was article about agents and their dealings with NFL teams from both sides. The only thing I remember from the article is that from a teams perspective an agent can have an effect on whether a guy drafted or signed in FA based on his agent. In both a positive and negative way. On the agents side of things they will steer clients toward teams that are honest and reasonable in negotiations. If a team tells an agent something and they always follow through the agent is going to tell his client that they are good organization to go to. I think this is why the Bills can get guys like Stroud and Mitchell despite the less glamorous atmosphere and bad weather.

Willis McGahee?! :unsure:

I don't have a link because I read the article a few years ago. It was article about agents and their dealings with NFL teams from both sides. The only thing I remember from the article is that from a teams perspective an agent can have an effect on whether a guy drafted or signed in FA based on his agent. In both a positive and negative way. On the agents side of things they will steer clients toward teams that are honest and reasonable in negotiations. If a team tells an agent something and they always follow through the agent is going to tell his client that they are good organization to go to. I think this is why the Bills can get guys like Stroud and Mitchell despite the less glamorous atmosphere and bad weather.

Exactly. When the Bills make deals with players like Clements (which I think was repeated with Asante Samuel or something) that they will give them their word that they won't be franchised again if they stop holding out or cut players in time for them to catch on with other teams, it is good for the team in the long run.