Adam Schefter states on "Path to the Draft" that #11 is

Both Prisco and Judge plus Paul Zimmerman have the Bills taking Devin Thomas at #11. So much for a receiver that high being a "reach."

Uh huh. And some statisticians predict that the city of Baltimore will be one of the nation's leaders in murders this year. So much for murder being "bad."

Or perhaps the "experts" are only predicting Thomas at 11 because they know the Bills are willing to reach for a WR, same as they know that Baltimore is a dangerous city?

(My point isn't that Thomas is a reach, btw, just that your examples prove nothing).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading down and drafting Hardy would be my ideal scenario.

Trading down and drafting Thomas or Sweed would be my ideal scenario, but I suppose I could settle for anyone who isn't Malcolm Kelly.

When the Cards sign him to a new deal, I guess I'll 'get it'. So when do you think his new deal will get done, and for what kind of guaranteed money?

Pleas take a breather from lol-ing and inform me.

I'll lol who i want. lol. you shouldn't take things so personal its not like i was actually laughing at you when i typed that It was just to lighted what i said a little bit, idk anyone who actually is laughing when they type lmao or lol maybe some people do but none that I know. I could have called you a complete moron or idiot instead for thinking the cards would trade boldin butI don not in any way,spape,form think you are a moron/idiot and i didn't want to come across as an ass which i'm not. but moving on....I'd say before this season sometime, if not before training camp he will prolly hold out until they do get a deal done. As for money....hmmm...6years 52 million, 28 mil guarenteed

The Chefs are gonna need to replace Jared Allen and Harvey will probably be on the board. Brandon Albert might also be there at 11- either would be tempting for KC to trade up for

I looked up what KC could offer and their draft picks are very early in both rds (2nd/#35 and 3rd/#66). I don't see KC trading their 2nd rder due to overpaying in value and us just taking their 3rd rder because it's not enough. If the Eagles and Bucs work something out for Sheppard then I guess if they still wanted our pick then what would be fair is if they traded their 2nd rder (#49) only. The value would be their for both teams in that scenario.

The Chefs are gonna need to replace Jared Allen and Harvey will probably be on the board. Brandon Albert might also be there at 11- either would be tempting for KC to trade up for

Word out there right now is that with their 2 first-rounders, they want to get a top-notch D-lineman and O-lineman. Obviously they will get one of them at #5, most likely a D-lineman, whether it be Ellis, Long or Dorsey.

The problem is that by the time #17 rolls around the top OL guys, Long(obviously), Clady, and possibly even Otah AND Williams will be gone. At #11 I would say at least two, maybe even three of those guys will be available (I see Clady going to Denver at #12)

Meanwhile, the other hot rumor is that the Eagles LOVE Jeff Otah, so they may be interested in leap-frogging Denver, Carolina and Chicago to ensure they get the guy they want.

I looked up what KC could offer and their draft picks are very early in both rds (2nd/#35 and 3rd/#66). I don't see KC trading their 2nd rder due to overpaying in value and us just taking their 3rd rder because it's not enough. If the Eagles and Bucs work something out for Sheppard then I guess if they still wanted our pick then what would be fair is if they traded their 2nd rder (#49) only. The value would be their for both teams in that scenario.

I would love to drop 6 slots and pick up their 3rd round pick. That works for me

I'd rather stand pat at 11 and take Harvey, and then trade back up like we did for Poz and McCargo, and get our reciever.

What about dropping 6 slots and drafting Groves? IMO Groves is the best pass rusher in this draft

I would love to drop 6 slots and pick up their 3rd round pick. That works for me

It would work for me also. Getting that extra 3rd round pick gives the ammo needed to get back into the late first or very early second to get another guy. The McCargo trade was for our 2nd and 3rd, and the Poz trade was a swap of 2nd rounders + our 3rd. But we still picked in the 3rd round both years (Youboty and Edwards)

I'd rather stand pat at 11 and take Harvey, and then trade back up like we did for Poz and McCargo, and get our reciever.

I'm on board with you here Boone but I think that we just might be really trading down, like it or not. I'd rather see us take the best player available rather than draft for need.

He mentioned the obvious teams, Eagles and Chiefs, but said that Buffalo is really giving it some serious thought and that it should be a trade down for us. As far as I know the guy has always been accurate so I'm expecting the trade down. If this happens I think that we'll get James Hardy. He's the biggest, most accomplished out of the bunch but more so, he's the safest for us.

If the Bills traded down and took Limas Sweed, I'd be a happy man. Compare Sweed's bio with Hardy's:

Hardy:

Strengths:

Phenomenal size with a huge frame and long arms...A terrific natural athlete...Has big, reliable hands and can snatch the ball away from his body...A fantastic leaper with excellent ball skills...Knows how to use his body to shield defenders...Works well in traffic...Can do some damage after the catch...Has pretty good speed for a guy his size...A terror in the redzone...Was real productive...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:

Isn't very quick or explosive and lacks a burst...May have trouble separating from pro corners...Has some character concerns...Will have to get stronger...Not much of a vertical or deep threat...Just a marginal blocker...Not a great route runner...Is not real physical or aggressive and may lack a football player's mentality...Still raw and will need to be developed...Inconsistent..Is more athlete than football player.

Sweed:

Strengths:

Has excellent size and a big frame with long arms...Very smooth athlete...Has soft hands...Excellent body control and ball skills...Great leaper...Tough and strong...A adequate blocker...Beats the jam at the line...Not afraid to work the middle of the field.. He will make the spectacular catch...Deceptively fast...Hard worker with top intangibles....Has a knack for making big plays when it matters most....Productive.

Weaknesses:

May not have elite timed speed..Isn't real quick or explosive and lacks a burst...He may struggle to separate from pro corners...Has lapses in concentration that lead to drops...Relies too heavily on his natural talent at times...Health may be a issue.

Of the two players, Sweed seems to offer more positives, and fewer negatives, than does Hardy. Physically, the two players are very similar--there's 0.01 second difference between their respective 40 times, and Sweed is 6'4" to Hardy's 6'5".

One of the things I like most about Sweed is his work ethic. They say that Jerry Rice worked harder than you'd expect from an undrafted rookie free agent trying to make the final roster. Nobody's saying Sweed is going to be the next Jerry Rice, but having a very strong work ethic can't hurt his chances in the NFL!

If the reports are true that Philadelphia just traded Sheppard to the Bucs then that pick (#52) is three picks behind the Eagles' original pick at #49. I think that this trade doesn't hurt us but might even have helped. This trade leads me to believe that a) we weren't interested in Sheppard and b) that the Eagles might be willing to trade all the more now with us because if they trade us their original pick at #49 and they picked up the Bucs' pick at #52 they haven't lost much in value.

Oops... Yep... my mistake... Props to you Grouse... He aint gettin' traded... unless its a boatload!

I'll agree with both of you if you can just show me where I claimed that the Cards would/ will trade him. Beyond that, why not go make a deal because he is a stud. Do either of you disagree?