In retrospect doesnt the Lynch pick seem obvious?

Remember last year at draft time our starting HB was A-Train but alot of the pre-draft discussion was about guys like willis, leon hall, revis, and okoye. Looking back I was crazy to think that we would have gone with anybody but Lynch. Did I really belive that A-Train was going to split carries with Michael Bush or Ariizonas Chris Henry? Thats why I feel that WR is going to be the pick. It's too obvious and the more articles i read about the Bills loving DRC or Harvey reinforces this. These are probably leaks designed to make other teasm think that we really want to pick at 11 while we secretly want to get to pick 12-25. I just have the feeling that at 6pm saturday i'm going to say "How the hell did i think that they were going anywhere but WR with that pick???" Now I need to go create a post saying the exact opposite so I can bump one or the other sunday!

Remember last year at draft time our starting HB was A-Train but alot of the pre-draft discussion was about guys like willis, leon hall, revis, and okoye. Looking back I was crazy to think that we would have gone with anybody but Lynch. Did I really belive that A-Train was going to split carries with Michael Bush or Ariizonas Chris Henry? Thats why I feel that WR is going to be the pick. It's too obvious and the more articles i read about the Bills loving DRC or Harvey reinforces this. These are probably leaks designed to make other teasm think that we really want to pick at 11 while we secretly want to get to pick 12-25. I just have the feeling that at 6pm saturday i'm going to say "How the hell did i think that they were going anywhere but WR with that pick???" Now I need to go create a post saying the exact opposite so I can bump one or the other sunday!

No we were gonna take Brian Leonard remember :D

Thats really not a bad point at all. The Bills obviously can't plan on going into the season with a top 3 of Evans-Reed-Parrish, so you have to imagine they are targeting one of the big 4 (Thomas, Sweed, Hardy, Kelly) either with #11 or are planning on trading back into the 1st...

The issue with Lynch is was his production of his talents or by playing time? It was probably a combination of both but that said rookie RBs have shown to have to make bigger impacts then most rookie WRs, why? because the transition is far easier. I don't mind taking a WR in Round 1 but I do have issues when appears we'd be reaching for a WR at pick #11. As I've said many a time that the draft is about the best collection of players and think we can get a better quality player in Harvey or Rivers with pick #11 and a WR like Kelly or Doucet at #41. In a perfect world would love to see the Bills trade down to somewhere in pick #15-20 range, grab Limas Sweed there, use our second pick on a TE like Fred Davis.

Lynch has so far proven his worth as the 12th pick. I agree we need an upgrade at WR desperately but there has to be a WR worthy of #11. Things don't always work as neatly as Lynch and #12 did last year. That's why I think there's better than even odds of a trade down. Chicago, Detroit, and KC all have multiple 3rd round picks. Philly would probably like to get a OT before they all go off the board. Same for Chicago and KC. The value at #11 will most likely be OT and luckily a lot of teams behind us have a need and the ammo to move up.

I think the consenus was to take Lynch.

I thought Willis was at the top of their draft board, then Lynch. I though they would address RB in round two with a guy like Bush or Pittman.

Getting Lynch and Puz was an awesome haul though, and it worked out for the best.

Good point. If remember correctly, many wanted Patrick Willis or to trade up for Adrian Peterson. However, several are right, it certainly worked out for the best.

Most people were saying 12 was too early for Lynch. Majority of the chatter was Revis/Okoye/Willis related.

Its too early for a RB unless the player is a franchise type back which Lynch is not.....when you get top 12 you must acquire players that you never get a chance of getting. Passing up an allpro DT like Tommie Harris for a wr is not the way to win football.......

Good point. If remember correctly, many wanted Patrick Willis or to trade up for Adrian Peterson. However, several are right, it certainly worked out for the best.

I also seem to remember that after the draft the Bills said that they had Willis rated behind both POZ and David Harris, which I thouhgt was really surprising. NFL teams should be forced to release their draft boards after the draft,I'd love it!