Lawn Mower Question

moorman8

At least w/ push mowers, there are recommended acceptable slopes; I assume riding mowers do too.

(my 'ditch' area exceeds that of my new mower in places & I'd say it requires that you be especially careful, but it still works - I don't think you can really be "extra careful" on a riding mower except don't turn up the hill)

How steep is steep & is it practical to go up & down rather than sideways across the slope?

I would imagine a mower w/ a rigid mounted deck could accommodate side slopes much better than a floating deck, but of course they will yield a far inferior cut over uneven ground.

I recently purchased a house with a very steep hill on the side yard. I was wondering if anyone knew if a riding lawn mower can be use on a hill like that. If so, any particular make/model. Thanks in advance.

I have a pretty mean hill too. I bought a POS push job and I just use that to hammer out that spot real quick. You'd probably be fine, though. Just shift your weight snowmobile-style and don't drive directly up.

There's got to be a way to attach a mower to this thing.

That is what I was thinking Chef!

On the steep grades they actually winch the snowcat up the hill! How else can they groom it?

Now for the mower...

A nice long rope and rig the "dead man" catch... Take it out of "self-propel" and drop the mower down the hill and pull it back up again... Or heck, just mount the winch on the front of the family SUV/ORV.

:D:lol:

At least make it interesting!

Now for the mower...

A nice long rope and rig the "dead man" catch... Take it out of "self-propel" and drop the mower down the hill and pull it back up again... Or heck, just mount the winch on the front of the family SUV/ORV.

:D:lol:

At least make it interesting!

I knew I had seen a picture somewhere of exactly what you're describing.....

Found it.