Haddad for Shaw is a great move

Albany,n.y.

If the plan is to make Haddad the punt returner & keep Nate Clements off the special teams, I'm 100% in favor of this week's moves. Haddad had a great preseason a couple of years ago returning punts for Indy. Another plus is getting Sam Aiken on the field enough to evaluate whether Josh Reed should be demoted to #4. If this all works out Haddad returns punts, Aiken moves up to #3 and Clements is safe & not risking injury on punt returns. Everyone wins except Josh Reed, who is getting closer to the waiver wire.

Since Haddad didn't return a single punt in preseason, I can't see that happening. Maybe they'll surprise us. I'm glad Aiken can finally see some real action and I think Haddad has more reliable hands than Reed and he's quicker. Whatever,,,,change is good.

Since Haddad didn't return a single punt in preseason, I can't see that happening. Maybe they'll surprise us.  I'm glad Aiken can finally see some real action and I think Haddad has more reliable hands than Reed and he's quicker.  Whatever,,,,change is good.

71652[/snapback]

Perhaps he's been lighting it up in practice.

I'm not giving up on Reed just yet....He needs to regain his confidence and form we saw his rookie year.....I dont think Mularkey will give up on Reed just yet either...He saw the same thing in Pitt with Ward....

Ward in his 3rd season got the #2 WR nod and only caught 48 balls, struggling early then coming on a bit better in the 2nd half of that season....Its his 4th year fans wanted him out but he started out strong and ended with 94 catches that year...

Reed will be dropped back to the slot reciever role these next few weeks and i hope he will start to show that confidence/form we saw in his rookie season....

I think it's a sign of the times when all the buzz is about a 5th string receiver who is activated off the practice squad!!

The glory days???

Perhaps he's been lighting it up in practice.

71653[/snapback]

Preseason being preseason and all that, when he played he played hard and looked quick. I think that is what Malarkey is trying to push. If you are a superstar and slack off and win maybe we cut you some slack, if you loose it is not acceptable and if you are not a superstar you are replaced by someone that wants to play . End of story.