How many week 1 Rookie starters...

Assuming an injury free preseason... I still think we will have a starting rookie TE, and WR. Other than that, maybe also a C, RG, LCB, and FB.

I still feel Butler and Greer are solid and may even turn it up this season but an upgrade is needed. I would like to see McCargo take over the 1 Tech DT position.

Assuming an injury free preseason... I still think we will have a starting rookie TE, and WR. Other than that, maybe also a C, RG, LCB, and FB.

I still feel Butler and Greer are solid and may even turn it up this season but an upgrade is needed. I would like to see McCargo take over the 1 Tech DT position.

Four. TE, WR, FB and CB. As for McCargo, he is a beast, but at the Three Tech, not the one. Stroud is the bigger space eater, not the penetrator. McCargo is big and fast, but not nearly as big or aggressive as Stroud and his natural position is going to be at the three. Stroud, McCargo is going to be a nasty DT tandem to play against, especially with Schobel and Kelsay now getting single teams on the outside.

CB, WR, and maybe TE assuming that is how we go in the first 3 rounds... I agree with fuccillo above though and think that royal will likely get the start for his blocking but I can see more of a receiving tight end getting the nod later in the year if trent can really make the passing game work

#2 WR, FB, CB (If you count nickle as a starter). I want to say TE, but have a feeling that Royal would get the nod to start due to his blocking. (similar to how they used A-Train last year despite him being far less talented)

agree but i say we do get the TE.

and for a flyer we might get a c or g who starts. a good guy in the 3rd or 4th might be our guy.

I don't see why this question matters, since its not about how many draftees start opening day, its about what they eventually turn into, but I'll answer anyway.

I don't see a corner starting, even if we draft one in the 1st round, and even if you consider the nickel corner a starting position. Remember, this is opening day. I think James is the starting nickel corner, with the draft pick being slowly worked in. Think of Clements, Revis, Ross with the Giants.

I'm unsure about WR also. I think the same might apply here, maybe not. Remember, we're talking about starting opening day, not who takes the majority of snaps.

The 2 possibilities for opening day starters I see, are at FB and possibly TE. If we draft a guy like Schmitt or Hillis, I think they start, if we don't, look for it to be Barnes. Originally, I thought the coaches like Royal enough to start him opening day, even if he eventually loses his job to a rookie, but then I thought of all the mini camps, training camps, and preaseson games... and that is just way too long for Royal not to f*ck up.