mere discussion of trade with eagles

Beware the Eagles, remember last years trade with them, Darwin Walker.

He wanted more money also. I don't mind a trade with them, but forget Sheppard, I rather have a 2nd rounder. ;)

You're basically trading Lito for Reggie Smith, Justin King, or Charles Godfrey.

Why don't WE want Albert? Why are successful teams like the Pats and Eagles always making deals on draft day and coming away with depth at both lines, while we swing from position player to position player and continually miss the playoffs? Could there possibly be a correlation?

Nah.

Did you post the stats because you are for or against him?

Sheppard has 4 years left on his deal and he wants a new deal . A contract means nothing to Sheppard. I will take a pass on him.

He lacks "football" character.

Why don't WE want Albert? Why are successful teams like the Pats and Eagles always making deals on draft day and coming away with depth at both lines, while we swing from position player to position player and continually miss the playoffs? Could there possibly be a correlation?

Nah.

Maybe because we set a franchise record low for sacks allowed? Maybe because he plays a position we are strong at? (Dockery and Butler are both pretty good) Maybe because unlike those other teams, we suck at a lot of other positions? Maybe because those teams actually have had a franchise QB for the past few seasons? (I like Edwards, but we don't know how good he'll be)

How about our first for theirs and Lito...If we can't sign him then we get their second round pick next year.

LOL!!!!! you're kidding, right? would you do that if you were in charge of the Eagles? better yet, put the shoe on the other foot and make believe that the Bills were the Eagles and vice versa. would you be happy with the Bills if they did that? i sure as hell wouldn't be.

You're basically trading Lito for Reggie Smith, Justin King, or Charles Godfrey.

It's not that Sheppard is not a good player. I just think we would have trouble in contract negotiations. That is one reason that the Eagles want to trade him. He is not worth the hassle. If you can sign then trade for him, OK.

Oh snap....looks like we found out trade partner. But I wonder what we're going to be asking for besides their first round pick.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

If we got an additional second we could get a top notch WR, CB, and TE on the first day. That would be amazing

That would be very cool! ;)

#11 for #19 & Lito Sheppard........Thanks.

:wallbash: Can we stop this silly Sheppard talk?

Did you post the stats because you are for or against him?

:wallbash:

For, IF we can give him a contract extension at the end of the season IF he plays well, IF he doesn't injured.

Fixed! :wallbash:

Read the article. There is absolutely NO reference to actual talks, it's just one reporters speculation on what the Eagles should do. Also, the article does not mention trading up to us and giving us Sheppard, it talks about giving us a 1 and 2 and trading Sheppard to someone else to get more picks. Basically, no truth to the title

:wallbash: Any trade with anyone will happen during the Bills clock time on Saturday. Deals for picks don't take place before draft day very often, if at all.

LOL!!!!! you're kidding, right? would you do that if you were in charge of the Eagles? better yet, put the shoe on the other foot and make believe that the Bills were the Eagles and vice versa. would you be happy with the Bills if they did that? i sure as hell wouldn't be.

If I was in charge of the Eagles I'd let him go for a 7th rounder. He is going to require a huge contract to go to another team or stay with them and think in the $60 million starting range. He is a whiner and pouty and he has a VERY hard time staying healthy.

My answer to that question is that I would laugh my ass off at how the Eagles had rooked the Bills.

Maybe because we set a franchise record low for sacks allowed? Maybe because he plays a position we are strong at? (Dockery and Butler are both pretty good) Maybe because unlike those other teams, we suck at a lot of other positions? Maybe because those teams actually have had a franchise QB for the past few seasons? (I like Edwards, but we don't know how good he'll be)

Maybe because we have to cover Randy Moss and Wes Welker if we have any intention of winning the division?

Maybe because we have never seen a lineman cover either guy?

And maybe because we are supposed to be trying to win the division, not simply build depth for later?

It sounds really nice on paper, but I'll take the draft pick. Sheppard is going to want a new deal and I don't think the Bills will pony up the cash for him before they attempt new deals with some of our own.

yeah lets not take this bait.....sounds fishy

That's the component of the move that people are forgetting about. I'd love to swap picks for Lito, but I have no idea what he'd be asking for.

Apparently he wants to be paid like Clements and Samuel.

The fact that the Bills refused to pony up the money for Clements who is in the same league as Sheppard, if not better, I doubt the Bills would be running to give all that green to Sheppard.

Maybe because we have to cover Randy Moss and Wes Welker if we have any intention of winning the division?

Maybe because we have never seen a lineman cover either guy?

And maybe because we are supposed to be trying to win the division, not simply build depth for later?

I'm not big on trying to beat one team. The giants did not draft all those defensive lineman to beat NE, they drafted them becasue it was their strategy for sucess. The Bills need to build their strategy to win football games and not just counter another team IMO

I'm not big on trying to beat one team. The giants did not draft all those defensive lineman to beat NE, they drafted them becasue it was their strategy for sucess. The Bills need to build their strategy to win football games and not just counter another team IMO

I think it's both. 6 wins can be had if your strategy negates the strengths of your division, and preys upon the weaknesses of your division. We have good DT pressure and tall good receivers in our division, so we better have a good O-Line and ways to defend the pass. The *Pats LB's are aging, so quick WR's, TE's, and RB's can beat them. HOWEVER, divisional teams' strengths change with time (For example, the Pats might take Keith Rivers or Dan Connor in this draft). Your strategy has to be proactive, not just reactive.

I think it's both. 6 wins can be had if your strategy negates the strengths of your division, and preys upon the weaknesses of your division. We have good DT pressure and tall good receivers in our division, so we better have a good O-Line and ways to defend the pass. The *Pats LB's are aging, so quick WR's, TE's, and RB's can beat them. HOWEVER, divisional teams' strengths change with time (For example, the Pats might take Keith Rivers or Dan Connor in this draft). Your strategy has to be proactive, not just reactive.

what does not change for all of eternity is you need to be strong on both lines to be dominant.

We are one injury away from having a turnstyle play LT or the Duke take over anywhere else on the line.

Albert would be a good pick and a great one if he could be converted to C.

what does not change for all of eternity is you need to be strong on both lines to be dominant.

We are one injury away from having a turnstyle play LT or the Duke take over anywhere else on the line.

Yup. When Peters went down the season ended. Why risk that happening again? Since there is no clear-cut elite player at #11 who will fill a "need," why not stick to the proven formula for success and go with a blue-chip lineman, whether it be Harvey or Albert? But alas, I know they'll go "skill" player, they always do (part of the problem is that the Bills historically use the draft to sell tickets, not necessarily win games).

:thumbsup:

Albert isn't a sure fire pick, no one is (Robert Gallery anyone?). And he plays GUARD. He is not some magical beast who can play every O-line position at the drop of a hat. You can't seriously expect him to learn to play left tackle (which he has never done), at the same time he is being groomed to play center (a position he has never played).

He is going to be a rookie anyway, expecting him to come in and dominate at ANY position on the line is rediculous.

We ARE 1 injury away from having a problem on the O-line, and 1 injury away at LB, and CB, and SS, and K, and P. You know what though? We are 0 injuries away from sucking at WR, and FB, and TE.

And is it unreasonable to think/hope we might stay healthy on the O-line?

you guys on the linemen drum all day make me laugh.

IF they think albert or whoever is a TOP 5 guy then yeah, you take him at 11.

but we can't win without the ability to cover the big WRs or score TDs. for that we need DB's and WRs.

yeah linemen are important, but we've added two very good ones to each line over the past 2 offseasons, we still need playmakers.

i'd LOVE lito and the 19th, but i think we could also get a 3rd or a 4th for that (2nd maybe?). if we like lito we'd pay him near clements money IMO

and still have plenty left over to sign evans and our other guys in the next few years.

mcgee, shephard, whitner, simpson, kavika, poz, crow, aaron, stroud, mccargo, kelsey is a GREAT starting lineup, and we have some guys behind them.

a d like that and a 3rd or 4th round pick on a blocker (to power up the run game) and a full back could make us a running and D machine.

My feeling is that if we can get Lito Sheppard out of the deal somehow it might be worth while. Meaning.........

If we trade the 11th pick and our 2nd for the 19th and Lito Sheppard I think is a fair deal. Basically we would get a top notch CB for a 2nd rounder. Last I heard, the Eagles are willing to part ways with Lito for a 2nd rounder. However I think the longer a team wait the asking price could be a third rounder for Lito.

However, if Buffalo offered the 11th pick and their 2nd rounder for their 19th pick and Lito Sheppard, that to me is a win win situation for Buffalo. Then with the 19th pick I can see Buffalo taking Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed.

So after day one Buffalo could end up with a Pro Bowler for a CB that can really help this defense and Terrence McGee and we get that big WR to compliment Evans, and then we are officially a SOLID team!

no way we give up 1st and 2nd for a worse first and shep.

if they will give shep for a 2nd, that is like giving the 11 for the 19 straight up. no way,

if that lineman is there at that spot, the bills will want shep with a 1st and late pick, and some kind of heavy backstop if we can't sight him.