Should the Ravens trade up with Miami for Matt Ryan or

I would think that now McNair has retired that the Ravens would want to address their QB in this draft. I suppose that they could draft one with their 2nd rder but the learning curve for that should be considerable versus trading for a veteran. Ryan would be a franchise QB and picking at #8 would not be too far back to trade up with Miami. I figure that their 1st and 2nd rder might get it done. If they don't trade up with Miami then that is taking a big risk waiting on Ryan sliding to them with Atlanta, KC, and Jets being in front of them. They don't have a 3rd rder due to the MaGahee trade so the significant pick with value is their 2nd rder. Would they trade that for Losman and if so, should we accept it? If they were to do this, it would allow them to keep their 1st rder for a blue chip player.

You really think the Ravens would give a 2nd rounder for JP Losman??? :thumbdown:

Hey if they did, I'd laugh and take it in a heartbeat. But they already have Losman - Kyle Boller. Would you give up a 2nd for Boller? Losman is gonna be on the Bills because 1) there are no better back up QB options and 2) no one is gonna give up a pick higher than a 5th IMO. And I'd rather have Losman as a backup than a 5th or lower.

Would they trade that for Losman and if so, should we accept it? If they were to do this, it would allow them to keep their 1st rder for a blue chip player.

Of course the Bills should trade away Losman for a 2nd rounder, if given the opportunity to do so. That one's a no-brainer. I doubt the Ravens will be stupid enough to offer us a 2nd rounder for him. Maybe they'd be willing to give us their 2nd rounder for Losman + our 3rd round pick. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

I would think that now McNair has retired that the Ravens would want to address their QB in this draft. I suppose that they could draft one with their 2nd rder but the learning curve for that should be considerable versus trading for a veteran. Ryan would be a franchise QB and picking at #8 would not be too far back to trade up with Miami. I figure that their 1st and 2nd rder might get it done. If they don't trade up with Miami then that is taking a big risk waiting on Ryan sliding to them with Atlanta, KC, and Jets being in front of them. They don't have a 3rd rder due to the MaGahee trade so the significant pick with value is their 2nd rder. Would they trade that for Losman and if so, should we accept it? If they were to do this, it would allow them to keep their 1st rder for a blue chip player.

Do you not think that they were in the market for a QB regardless?

They won't trade up with Miami, if he gets past the Falcons maybe Baltimore tries to jump into the mix.

Brodie Croyle can throw from his back as good as Ryan can.

KC needs to fix its OL before drafting an overrated turd at QB.

Your opinion about Croyle and KC's O-line is irrelevant. My question is...if you're Baltimore and you want Matt Ryan, how do you KNOW that KC isn't going to draft him?

Your opinion about Croyle and KC's O-line is irrelevant. My question is...if you're Baltimore and you want Matt Ryan, how do you KNOW that KC isn't going to draft him?

Since Ozzie Newsome runs their draft and knows talent-

he won't be wasting the #8 pick on an overrated QB when he can fix his OL

Assume for a minute that the Ravens do indeed offer a 2nd rounder for JP. Do we make the deal ? Who do we then have a backup QB ? Draft Flacco as backup may not be good as we will be backing up a 2nd yr QB with a rookie (yes I am ignoring Hamdan).

I think JP is very valuable as a backup this season as options out there are very slim.

Assume for a minute that the Ravens do indeed offer a 2nd rounder for JP. Do we make the deal ? Who do we then have a backup QB ? Draft Flacco as backup may not be good as we will be backing up a 2nd yr QB with a rookie (yes I am ignoring Hamdan).

I think JP is very valuable as a backup this season as options out there are very slim.

That is why I asked if we should do it. I believe that Hamdan would be part of the equation because I feel that if they didn't have confidence in him than the Bills wouldn't risk banking on a unnamed FA veteran. I also believe that Baltimore wouldn't just flat out give us their 2nd rder, we would have to give something back (6th rder?) and I should have clarified that more.

Assume for a minute that the Ravens do indeed offer a 2nd rounder for JP.

Assume for a minute that my aunt has a penis. Wouldn't that would make her my uncle?

Assume all you want that JP is worth a 2nd or a 3rd. A 4th? We could only be so lucky

The Ravens would go higher than a 4th for Losman. Even if they offered that to us I'd take it.