Jordy Nelson

Takeo_14

Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson ran unofficial forty times of 4.49 and 4.51 at the NFL Combine.

Nelson was ultra productive at K-State, hauling in 122 passes for 1,606 yards and 11 scores in his senior season alone. Nelson also caught 10 passes for 137 yards and a score against Kansas CB Aqib Talib, a possible first-round pick, last October. He's 6'3/217, so these times are fantastic.

6-3 217

WR Jordy Nelson, Kansas State

Came into the season with little fanfare and repeatedly arose to the occasion vs. better competition. Size, smarts and quickness could make him difficult to contain.

The more and more I read about him I am hoping based upon how round 1 works out where we take Harvey or DRC, Jenkins, Mckelvin or if we trade back. I think we could draft Nelson and he could be a number 2 receiver. I have seen film and saw him against Talib. He comes to play ball. Reminds me of a Donald Driver or Isaac Bruce type player. Not blessed with all the physical attributs but straps it up and plays.

Not to mention that Kansas State had a terrible year last year. If he had been on Oklahoma, I wonder if he would have been a 1st round pick... I would rather have Nelson than Kelly... that much is true. Hope we can get a game changing defender in round one and Nelson in the 2nd.

Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson ran unofficial forty times of 4.49 and 4.51 at the NFL Combine.

Nelson was ultra productive at K-State, hauling in 122 passes for 1,606 yards and 11 scores in his senior season alone. Nelson also caught 10 passes for 137 yards and a score against Kansas CB Aqib Talib, a possible first-round pick, last October. He's 6'3/217, so these times are fantastic.

6-3 217

Came into the season with little fanfare and repeatedly arose to the occasion vs. better competition. Size, smarts and quickness could make him difficult to contain.

The more and more I read about him I am hoping based upon how round 1 works out where we take Harvey or DRC, Jenkins, Mckelvin or if we trade back. I think we could draft Nelson and he could be a number 2 receiver. I have seen film and saw him against Talib. He comes to play ball. Reminds me of a Donald Driver or Isaac Bruce type player. Not blessed with all the physical attributs but straps it up and plays.

3 pager on Jordy... :thumbsup:

My only real complaint about Jordy is that he'll have to make the conversion to outside from playing in the slot, and that could take a significant transition period.

this is very significant - it seems like the strength of his game is in that kind of mold - I struggle picturing him being a great receiver on the outside - but I do see him being a very good receiver to have on your team and out on the field. I think the team that drafts him in the 2nd will probably be planning on using him in a slot type roll - like Anthony Gonzalez last year with the Colts.

I'd like him, but I think we still need a true outside target that at least proved he could do it in college at the very least. We've also kind of got a glut of slot receivers, but at least Nelson has the size that we really lack. I wonder how Josh Reed's health is too, he had pretty serious surgery this offseason. That could make Nelson a more likely target in the draft.

My only real complaint about Jordy is that he'll have to make the conversion to outside from playing in the slot, and that could take a significant transition period.

Wes Welker seems to draw some attention.

You have to use your players to their strengths. Its not necessarily about getting a big tall reciver. We could draft DeShaun jackson, as long as Turk and our QB's utilize him correctly it will draw attention from Evans and make our offense better

Wes Welker seems to draw some attention.

You have to use your players to their strengths. Its not necessarily about getting a big tall reciver. We could draft DeShaun jackson, as long as Turk and our QB's utilize him correctly it will draw attention from Evans and make our offense better

6-3 217

Not to knitpick, but if this guy is NOT blessed with all the physical attributes, than Donald Driver probably isn't the best comparison. Other than diminutive WRs like Santana Moss and Roscoe, Driver has the quickly set of feet on a WR I've seen. He straight up makes DBs look silly after the catch and you always see him take 10 slant patterns for 70 yard TDs.

I like Nelson, but if he is just going to be a slot receiver in the NFL, we simply can't draft him. We already have Roscoe and Reed for the slot, we need a legitimate outside #2 receiver.

if he can be a true difference maker in the slot, he'd still be worth it. But we'd still have a big need for an outside receiver, but the need for size wouldn't be as crucial.

Nelson reminds me of a taller Josh Reed - which ain't that bad

He reminds Me of a taller Wes Welker...

Not going to get into why, but I will say the Kid has Buffalo Bills Draft Pick written all over Him...And I don't mind at all cause He's a heck of a good talent...But IF The Bills don't got WR in Round #1, I think it's a safe bet they go Nelson at #41 Overall... :thumbdown:

He reminds Me of a taller Wes Welker...

Not going to get into why, but I will say the Kid has Buffalo Bills Draft Pick written all over Him...And I don't mind at all cause He's a heck of a good talent...But IF The Bills don't got WR in Round #1, I think it's a safe bet they go Nelson at #41 Overall... :thumbdown:

Really? He reminds me of a young Tyler Gage. (Look it up, chortle, be nauseated, then come back and insult me)

He reminds me of Ed McCaffrey from Denver back in the day, and a little bit (surprisingly) like Moulds. He's got a big frame, he's physical, and he's fast. He would have a good chance to be our #2.

Especially if we took a shot at a WR late in the draft as well. That way we get two young guys in here to compete.

Get'r done.