ESPN radio discussed possible teams moving to LA

They said the Jags, Bills, Vikings, NO, and Raiders were on the hot list. The good news is that they said the Jags were the most likely team to move because unlike the other teams mentioned. they don't sellout the stadium and they have a GOOD but not great fan base like the other teams. However, they were critical in saying that the Bills move to tap into the Toronto area MUST work. Unless we can't get to buy enough money to buy a new stadium there is the chance that we will move. But they did mention that the NFL will probably not move the Bills because of how strong the fan base is and how much history the team has. :lol:

This kinda of makes me feel better about our chance of staying put. :beer:

Here's what ESPN.com thinks...

The one obvious obstacle standing in the way is a tenant for the new stadium. Possibilities might include the New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers because of their stadium uncertainties.

They said the Jags, Bills, Vikings, NO, and Raiders were on the hot list. The good news is that they said the Jags were the most likely team to move because unlike the other teams mentioned. they don't sellout the stadium and they have a GOOD but not great fan base like the other teams. However, they were critical in saying that the Bills move to tap into the Toronto area MUST work. Unless we can't get to buy enough money to buy a new stadium there is the chance that we will move. But they did mention that the NFL will probably not move the Bills because of how strong the fan base is and how much history the team has. :worthy:

This kinda of makes me feel better about our chance of staying put. :thumbsup:

If a new stadium is what is needed to keep the Bills in Buffalo, I have no doubt the State will step up. NYS with no football does not work. I just don't think the stadium is the issue, its corporations to buy boxes.

Let's get real here. This new stadium in LA is a friggin wet dream. It ain't gonna happen. These so called entrepreneurs are not going to pony up their kwan or get enough private money for this wet dream. So, the nail in their coffin will be when they seek public funding. Between now and the 22nd century, that ain't gonna fly in California. Christ, the Chargers can't even get a new stadium.

If a new stadium is what is needed to keep the Bills in Buffalo, I have no doubt the State will step up. NYS with no football does not work. I just don't think the stadium is the issue, its corporations to buy boxes.

Doesn't the stadium have tax issues. I do remember them saying something about the stadium and taxes but I can't remember if they were referring to the stadium itself. One thing is for sure, the new stadium should be build in the city and along the waterfront.

A lot of us say this all the time. I wish everyone on here would just read that part of your statement and drop everything else. What do people at ESPN know? NOTHING!!

Let's get real here. This new stadium in LA is a friggin wet dream. It ain't gonna happen. These so called entrepreneurs are not going to pony up their kwan or get enough private money for this wet dream. So, the nail in their coffin will be when they seek public funding. Between now and the 22nd century, that ain't gonna fly in California. Christ, the Chargers can't even get a new stadium.

A friend of mine from LA said the reason a franchise can't thrive there is that there is too much to do.

There are a billion reasons to disagree.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24188467/

"I intend to develop our stadium project that meets all of the NFL requirements, and more," Roski said at a Staples Center news conference, where stadium models and artist renditions were displayed. "Always the most important thing has been the certainty of doing this. A team is not going to commit to coming to Los Angeles without a stadium. We've taken this one point of uncertainty and made it a certainty. The stadium is a certainty and it will be built."

"Absolutely no taxpayer dollars," he said. "There's no taxpayer dollars to get."

There are of course billions of reasons why it will not of course.

BTW in this article the Bills are not mentioned. New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers are.

A friend of mine from LA said the reason a franchise can't thrive there is that there is too much to do.

Perhaps, but theoretically, there's enough money and bigwigs in LA so that you could build and sellout a stadium composed entirely of luxury boxes.

Exactly. A new stadium is only important to the Buffalo franchise (or any franchise) to the extent that it allows the owner to massively increase (ticket) revenues. Whereas in other, healthier markets a new stadium with premium seating and more boxes does help to increase revenues significantly for an owner, a new stadium in Buffalo does nothing to increase the pool of wealthy season ticket holders or corporate suite holders. What good are lots of new expensive seats if you don't have the rich butts sitting in them?

This is why Ralph is making lots of noise trying to tap the Toronto market to get his revenue, and making ZERO noise about getting a new stadium. Whether you like it or not, Toronto is the last and only hope for the Bills to grow their revenues.

remove Bills and put in Browns.

I see what you mean, but, wasn't giving Clevland another team, 5 years later, the NFL's admission of guilt? If cities having teams was based solely on fan support, there would be no reason that Houston was given a new team, especially so quickly.

If the Bills leave Buffalo, there is no way there is another team placed there.

I go back and forth in my degrees of paranoia on this issue. But the release of the schedule has me paranoid again. Do you think if the roles were reversed, between the Browns and Bills, the Buffalo would have gotten 5 nationally televised showcase games? Granted, the Browns a bit more of a dynamic team, with a proficient offense, but they, like the Bills, had a nice season, but fell short of the playoffs. Already we are hearing that the new chic color in the NFL this fall will be "brown, clevland brown." I just hope, for the Browns sake, they can live up to the hype. You just have to wonder though, would a Buffalo football franchise get that sort of hype, without really achieving anything? It may not seem important, but to save the Bills, the heartstrings of the NFL traditionalists have to be played.

Buffalo had a great showcase last year against the Cowboys. The city was presented for what it is, a great sports town, that absolutely loves their football team. The team played a great game. Nationally, Buffalo was being compared to Green Bay, in football terms. The movers and shakers in the NFL, and the media, need to be wisened up to this, before the 11th hour. You are seeing it in the NBA right now, with the Super Sonics. That team is being yanked out of Seattle (despite a rich 41 year history), simply because the new owner wants to move them. He is using the arena they play in as an excuse. But, there was no outcry, because nobody thought he would really do it. Now, it is likely to happen, and all the media people are crawiling out of their holes, decrying the move. The Sonics needed an 11th hour plea, not a 12th hour plea...I fear our beloved Bills are in a similar sitution.