Let me be the first to say it

eball

There's too many holes yet on this team. The front 7 on d is Weak, The secondary is weak. We need wr's and a te, but as of now I'm predicting 8-8. I had 6-10 last year. I think overall there's some nice players to build around. I don't expect any major runs this year. Just some steady improvement. With a good draft, and some lucky breaks maybe we eek out 10 wins.

The combined record of the Bills' 2008 opponents, sans New England, was a paltry 0.371 last season. The schedule is favorable in many ways -- no 3-game road trips, a relatively "easy" start, and heavy on divisional matchups late in the season when the team "should" be clicking. Also, it has been confirmed by Chris Brown that no Bills' opponent plays Buffalo after their bye week.

With a solid draft and some good luck on the injury front, the Bills have no excuses for not finishing at least 11-5 and ending the longest playoff drought in team history.

I would like to say just one word...

OOPIE FREAKIN' DOOPIE!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!! :worthy:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posluszny!!!!! <_<

I agree with all of this. My biggest fear where our team is concerned this year is that we shiit the bed, don't make the playoffs, and have to start over again with new coaches.

As long as our football players don't have these same fears we'll be fine. Winners don't have such uncertainties runninig through thier heads. We go all the way an that's that. Create an unstoppable force and just Billieve.

Let me be the first to say it, NO EXCUSES this year for the Bills

Sorry I actually said that at 2:00.0000001 today. So I beat you to it! <_<

The combined record of the Bills' 2008 opponents, sans New England, was a paltry 0.371 last season. The schedule is favorable in many ways -- no 3-game road trips, a relatively "easy" start, and heavy on divisional matchups late in the season when the team "should" be clicking. Also, it has been confirmed by Chris Brown that no Bills' opponent plays Buffalo after their bye week.

With a solid draft and some good luck on the injury front, the Bills have no excuses for not finishing at least 11-5 and ending the longest playoff drought in team history.

Am I the only one who believes "strength of schedule" is one of the most worthless things on which to base any topic? Nothing personal, eball, but we're not playing last year's rosters, so last year's win/loss stats are worthless to this year's team.

Why do people keep bringing this incredibly deceiving stat into conversations?

Team strength of schedule needs to be looked at after the year is over. I'd be willing to bet the Poorpisses win at least five games this year and that right away throws things off for the teams that will play them.

I am one of the most optomistic fans on this board.....and while I dont believe in "excuses" there are a LOT of things that can happen

- First and foremost...the QB situation has to be treated very seriously.....while I think that Trent Edwards will progress I am worried about his injury history...please please PLEASE if you do decide to trade Losman bring in a veteran QB to back up TE.

- While our OL was much improved in the passing game I was not thrilled with how hard Marshawn Lynch had to work for yards......I am hoping that putting a solid FB in front of him and getting away from the "H Back" will help solve some of this. Also I am hoping this is a VERY offensive draft....meaning that we take the flyer on guys to improve our offense.....wideout and tight end

- Lets hope our new OC will at least try to throw at the end zone......Fairchild showed absolute fear of it.

I can understand how people will say that teams will turn things around, but we are playing the top of the draft. The Bills should show improvement just because they improved the defensive line, with that alone they should at least win one more game, but the teams they are going to play stink. If they didn't improve at all in the off-season, they should show marked improvement.

Am I the only one who believes "strength of schedule" is one of the most worthless things on which to base any topic? Nothing personal, eball, but we're not playing last year's rosters, so last year's win/loss stats are worthless to this year's team.

Just to bug you enough so you'll reply, and we get to see your avatar again! <_<

GO BILLS!

1 Sept. 7 Seattle Seahawks 1 p.m. WIN!

2 Sept. 14 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. <_<

3 Sept. 21 Oakland Raiders 1 p.m. WIN!

4 Sept. 28 at St. Louis Rams 4:05 p.m. WIN!

5 Oct. 5 at Arizona Cardinals 4:15 p.m. WIN!

6 Oct. 12 Bye :worthy:

7 Oct. 19 San Diego Chargers 1 p.m. (Loss) :lol:

8 Oct. 19 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. WIN!

9 Nov. 2 New York Jets 1 p.m. WIN!

10 Nov. 9 at New England Patriots 1 p.m. (Loss) :cry:

11 Nov. 17 (Mon.) Cleveland Browns 8:30 p.m. WIN!

12 Nov. 23 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. (Loss) :cry:

13 Nov. 30 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m. WIN

14 Dec. 7 Miami Dolphins (at Toronto) 4:05 p.m. WIN!

15 Dec. 14 at New York Jets 1 p.m. WIN!

16 Dec. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m. :)

17 Dec. 28 New England Patriots 1 p.m.

WIN!

Geez, I'm a real homer! :D 13-3 if they win all the games I have including the unsure games and 10-6 if they lose the unsure games.

Couldn't disagree more. Please take a look at these incredibly easy schedules from the 2006 season that allowed two bad teams to actually make the playoffs...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2006.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2006.htm

Strength of schedule plays a major part in who makes the playoffs of the teams that don't currently have Brady or Manning on their rosters.

Strength of schedule plays a major part in who makes the playoffs of the teams that don't currently have Brady or Manning on their rosters.

But you don't actually KNOW the strength of the schedule until the season is over. Again, you're not playing last year's roster.

But you don't actually KNOW the strength of the schedule until the season is over. Again, you're not playing last year's roster.

That's true, you got me there. I still think it's a reasonable thing to debate since there are more teams that stay relatively at the same level than those that go way up or way down in any given season.

For Jauron's sake, he had better win more than he loses this year because I believe even his most ardent supporters will have had enough of him if he doesn't. It's a do or die year for Jauron, that's my prediction.

I hear what you're saying. I suppose that inherent in my original post is the notion that this is now the third year of the Jauron regime and there are truly "no excuses" other than going out and doing just what you suggest -- beating the teams you should beat and moving on. No longer can we say "these aren't Jauron's players" or they have to "learn a new system." There is some continuity that, when combined with a very favorable schedule (non-playoff teams), leads to my assessment that 2008 is put-up-or-shut-up time for these Bills.

Completely agree here. The Jauron Bills have proven -in the face of injury diaster- they are capable of beating teams they 'should beat'. Add another year of coaching continuity and young studs' development and ,yes, an undeniably softer schedule than we've seen in years, and we have to believe it's finally playoff time!

Heads will roll, otherwise..

Go Bills!