Schopp & Bulldog fanning the flames

They don't need a marquee opponent to market the game in Toronto ... they had 100,000 people on the list for tickets before the schedule came out. Besides it's not like Miami has a marquee player to market right now ... if it was New England I'd still be pissed it is a division game but at least I could understand a bit, wanting to put a big start like Brady in the first game there. Are people flocking to see John Beck?

Exactly. Any game but Miami.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a division game, which will now have a more neutral crowd, and in different elements. Many fans make trips up to Buffalo just for the Miami game.

We can talk about how the rivalry has cooled and all of that, but at the end of the day, we are being told by this move that nothing matters other than money...Nothing.

I said this in another post and I hate repeating myself however remember when they realigned the divisions and they asked Ralph about joining the Browns Steelers and Titans and his exact words were I am not leaving the rivalries we have made they mean to much to the fans and we dont want to take those away from them...Well I would venture to say that taking arguably youre most heated rivalry in your existence would be considered a bold move to say the least......That said could you imagine the uproar if it was the PAts..LOL

I said this in another post and I hate repeating myself however remember when they realigned the divisions and they asked Ralph about joining the Browns Steelers and Titans and his exact words were I am not leaving the rivalries we have made they mean to much to the fans and we dont want to take those away from them...Well I would venture to say that taking arguably youre most heated rivalry in your existence would be considered a bold move to say the least......That said could you imagine the uproar if it was the PAts..LOL

In his defense , that was a few years ago when he said that. I still think it would be better to be in a division with Pit, Cle and Balt.

We can talk about how the rivalry has cooled and all of that, but at the end of the day, we are being told by this move that nothing matters other than money...Nothing.

The premise of the TO partnership with Rogers has always been that the NFL/Ralph wouldn't foist a dog of a game on them. Now that that reality has occurred, it's funny that people think this is some sort of new development.

The Fins' have an enormous fan base north of the border (likewise, the Raiders) and this game will sell easily, even though Miami's still gonna have a sh------- team. All in all, this is just what was promised. As the saying goes, might as well lay back and enjoy it....

The premise of the TO partnership with Rogers has always been that the NFL/Ralph wouldn't foist a dog of a game on them. Now that that reality has occurred, it's funny that people think this is some sort of new development.

The Fins' have an enormous fan base north of the border (likewise, the Raiders) and this game will sell easily, even though Miami's still gonna have a sh------- team. All in all, this is just what was promised. As the saying goes, might as well lay back and enjoy it....

Again, they already sold it. maybe down the road it needs to be a decent game, but this year, for the first regular season game in Canada, it was selling out regardless.

Also, you are making my point if it is because of all the Fish fans up there ... how do you move a DIVISION game to a venue where you lose your home-field advantage (not to mention the dome factor which makes a HUGE difference given the way Miami usually plays in bad weather in the Ralph.)

Right. Is say relax, watch the Bills pound the Fins on TV. Have a tailgate at the Sundowner.

PTR

I would Love a division like that...

I am one of the few who does not bash Wilson, but I think he made a mistake when the league realigned the divisions years ago. The North would have been Bills, Steelers, Browns, and either Bengals or Ravens.

I am one of the few who does not bash Wilson, but I think he made a mistake when the league realigned the divisions years ago. The North would have been Bills, Steelers, Browns, and either Bengals or Ravens.

It wasn't about geography, it was about the old AFL rivalries. I love that we are in a division with the Jets, Miami and NE.

Note: The Miami game in 2007 almost didn't sell out

PTR

...and it was a crucial game during the midst of the Bills' run that put them in playoff contention. I hate the Fish as much as any Bills' fan, but my panties are not in a wad about this game being played in Toronto. Does anyone think the Bills won't have homefield advantage?

For every fan "outraged" over the location of this game, there are dozens who probably enjoy the idea of being out of the elements for a December home game.

I agree, the rivalry when we play them once every 4 yrs is big can you imagine if it was 2 times a yr with browns and steelers

For those saying the Miami rivalry has cooled, have any of you (besides PTR) been in the parking lot at a Bills-Dolphins game lately?

I'm not thrilled about the move, but I'm not digging the torches and pitchforks out of storage. Besides, I'll probably be at that game anyway...

For those saying the Miami rivalry has cooled, have any of you (besides PTR) been in the parking lot at a Bills-Dolphins game lately?

I'm not thrilled about the move, but I'm not digging the torches and pitchforks out of storage. Besides, I'll probably be at that game anyway...

I am surprised it's a divisional opponent too. I'm just not burning my season tickets like some GR callers.

PTR

I am surprised it's a divisional opponent too. I'm just not burning my season tickets like some GR callers.

PTR

Hmmm. If they're ACTUALLY burning their tickets (which you and I both know we won't even receive until July/August), wonder if there's any way we can get those seats?

<_<

I dont think it should of been a division opponent, with only 6 of them now, those games are just too important but with that being said who cares. Miami is going to suck next year, it should be an easy win & we wont have to freeze our asses off in December. I think it is a win for all parties involved.

One more thing, I actually gave up my Miami tickets last year & watched it at Bar Bills because I thought it was going to be too cold outside. the older you get, the less you want to spend out in the elements if you dont have to.

Are you telling me you dont see what message Ralph has arranged? It is still the rivalry. He wants everyone to know or get the point that it is now between the Tronto Bills and the Fish. Get used to it, and get on the wagon now.