Schopp & Bulldog fanning the flames

Should I expect any less from WGR? They are taking the most meaningless thing and are turning it into a reason for a riot at City Hall! I'm hearing fans saying how they are going to burn their season tickets over this. Jezzuzzz Effin' Kee-rist!

PTR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I expect any less from WGR? They are taking the most meaningless thing and are turning it into a reason for a riot at City Hall! I'm hearing fans saying how they are going to burn their season tickets over this. Jezzuzzz Effin' Kee-rist!

PTR

But the Miami game doesn't matter right?

But the Miami game doesn't matter right?

The games matter, but you have to admit that people are overreacting a little, don't you? I mean think about it. They took a game we couldn't sell out last year, a cold weather game when this team showed it has trouble in the cold, and moved it indoors. This is bad why?

PTR

The games matter, but you have to admit that people are overreacting a little, don't you? I mean think about it. They took a game we couldn't sell out last year, a cold weather game when this team showed it has trouble in the cold, and moved it indoors. This is bad why?

PTR

I don't think people are overreacting.

There is a sizeable contingent of Bills fans who say, if we have to suck, lets be 2-14, with both wins over Miami and get a good draft pick. Then its a successful season.

Not sure how much time you spent living in WNY, but the Miami game is THE rivalry. The game that people get up for more than any other. Squish the fish, Bryan "Sucks" Cox, 0-for the 70s, Kelly vs. Marino showdowns, Miami is the game.

COld weather? Our guys have to learn how to play in it and it has always been a decided advantage for the Bills. In fact, one of the most entertaining games I ever attended was the Snow Bowl back in 2003, Bills vs. Dolphins. Neither of us were world beaters, but it was a helluva game, enhanced by the rivalry.

Point is, they could have given TOR any game but this one, this one has special meaning for many Bills fans.

Also (and I'm not joking here), how will Miami get all their players in the country? They have multiple players with misdeameanor/felony convictions and DWIs. What will Miami have to do...leave half its roster at home?

There is a sizeable contingent of Bills fans who say, if we have to suck, lets be 2-14, with both wins over Miami and get a good draft pick. Then its a successful season.

That Darwin Award thingy still applies....

Not sure how much time you spent living in WNY, but the Miami game is THE rivalry. The game that people get up for more than any other. Squish the fish, Bryan "Sucks" Cox, 0-for the 70s, Kelly vs. Marino showdowns, Miami is the game.

COld weather? Our guys have to learn how to play in it and it has always been a decided advantage for the Bills. In fact, one of the most entertaining games I ever attended was the Snow Bowl back in 2003, Bills vs. Dolphins. Neither of us were world beaters, but it was a helluva game, enhanced by the rivalry.

Point is, they could have given TOR any game but this one, this one has special meaning for many Bills fans.

Also (and I'm not joking here), how will Miami get all their players in the country? They have multiple players with misdeameanor/felony convictions and DWIs. What will Miami have to do...leave half its roster at home?

The NFL has no idea what they are in for at the Border..LOL :huh:

Aside from the rivalry aspect, the fact is it is a division game. Sure Miami sucked last year but even if they are bad again, the game could still matter to the Bills ... there are all kinds of tiebreakers where division and conference record matter. It's an absolute joke that they would have them play that kind of game outside their home stadium while playing a relatively meaningless game against an equally crappy NFC team at home the week before. Not to mention the fact that the Dolphins DO still draw people because of the rivalry while NFC teams traditionally do not draw well ... there is no excuse for it.

Aside from the rivalry aspect, the fact is it is a division game. Sure Miami sucked last year but even if they are bad again, the game could still matter to the Bills ... there are all kinds of tiebreakers where division and conference record matter. It's an absolute joke that they would have them play that kind of game outside their home stadium while playing a relatively meaningless game against an equally crappy NFC team at home the week before. Not to mention the fact that the Dolphins DO still draw people because of the rivalry while NFC teams traditionally do not draw well ... there is no excuse for it.

Note: The Miami game in 2007 almost didn't sell out

PTR

And San Francisco is almost as much of a marquee opponent, given their history.

Wait you guys can't have it both ways ... if you want to talk about the history, then the rivalry with Miami is indeed a factor. San Francisco is not bringing Montana and Rice to town. if people have a choice, they are going to buy tickets to see Miami, that is my point.

And again, it is a DIVISION game ... those should not be part of the Toronto package, in my opinion.

Dude, that was a looong time ago. The rivalry has really cooled sans Marino/Kelly. See, something needs to happen and keep happening (i.e. close, contested, critical wins&losses; idiot players pissing off fans with personal slights, etc.) for it to be a sustained rivalry. What's left is people grasping at straws trying to pump themselves into a frenzy over something that now has little draw.

And to think we stayed in the AFC East (vice North) for this.

Wait you guys can't have it both ways ... if you want to talk about the history, then the rivalry with Miami is indeed a factor. San Francisco is not bringing Montana and Rice to town. if people have a choice, they are going to buy tickets to see Miami, that is my point.

And again, it is a DIVISION game ... those should not be part of the Toronto package, in my opinion.

But that's exactly why this game is in Toronto. Whoever decided to put it there probably was thinking from a marketing perspective....yet probably over-thought it a little bit.

Not saying I agree with it....just trying to rationalize.

There is a sizeable contingent of Bills fans who say, if we have to suck, lets be 2-14, with both wins over Miami..................Then its a successful season.

You nailed it. Gave up my seasons 2 years ago, but this is always the game I go to.

It's a division game, which will now have a more neutral crowd, and in different elements. Many fans make trips up to Buffalo just for the Miami game.

We can talk about how the rivalry has cooled and all of that, but at the end of the day, we are being told by this move that nothing matters other than money...Nothing.

Dude, that was a looong time ago. The rivalry has really cooled sans Marino/Kelly. See, something needs to happen and keep happening (i.e. close, contested, critical wins&losses; idiot players pissing off fans with personal slights, etc.) for it to be a sustained rivalry.

You have to remember...Buffalo's fanbase/population is still locked in the 1980s (or was that the '70s? 60s?)

But that's exactly why this game is in Toronto. Whoever decided to put it there probably was thinking from a marketing perspective....yet probably over-thought it a little bit.

Not saying I agree with it....just trying to rationalize.

They don't need a marquee opponent to market the game in Toronto ... they had 100,000 people on the list for tickets before the schedule came out. Besides it's not like Miami has a marquee player to market right now ... if it was New England I'd still be pissed it is a division game but at least I could understand a bit, wanting to put a big start like Brady in the first game there. Are people flocking to see John Beck?