63 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills select?

• WR Devin Thomas
    • WR Limas Sweed
    • OG Branden Albert
    • OLB Keith Rivers
    • DE Philip Merling
    • CB Mike Jenkins

The Bills are on the clock in the 2008 TBD mock draft. Who do they take with the #11 overall selection? They have not received any offers to trade down, so that is out of the question. Here is a link to the players selected.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=64555

If you choose other, please specify the player.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly. And yeah I know all of the slow running, bad attitude, etc... He's still got the ability to contribute now assuming he is over the injury by camp time, and he has easily the most upside, assuming attitude doesn't get in the way.

The Bills are on the clock in the 2008 TBD mock draft. Who do they take with the #11 overall selection? They have not received any offers to trade down, so that is out of the question. Here is a link to the players selected.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=64555

If you choose other, please specify the player.

Clady

Me neither. We have to pick somebody. I voted for Merling because I don't think Jenkins/Talib or Sweed/Thomas are worth that high of a pick.

This is where I disagree with a lot of people on the board.

You would rather take the 4th best DE who is projected to go mid-late first round, instead of the best WR in the draft who is projected to go mid-late first round?

You would rather take the 4th best DE who is projected to go mid-late first round, instead of the best WR in the draft who is projected to go mid-late first round?

Merling is projected to be a middle to late first rounder just like Sweed and Thomas. It shouldn't count against him that there are/were better defensive ends ahead of him in the draft. He's still a solid player now who has a lot of potential to get even better down the road. I just don't see any wideout that stands out above the rest. That's a problem in my book. I like what Merling has to offer more than Sweed or Thomas. I also think that picking a wideout in round 2 or later is the smartest way to go.

Well you're the one who took a defensive end with your first pick when you already have Trent Cole, Darren Howard, Jaqua Thomas (Parker), signed Chris Clemons, and drafted Victor Abiamiri with your second pick last year, when you have a ton of other needs.

Now Buffalo is screeeewwed.

Well you're the one who took a defensive end with your first pick when you already have Trent Cole, Darren Howard, Jaqua Thomas (Parker), signed Chris Clemons, and drafted Victor Abiamiri with your second pick last year, when you have a ton of other needs.

Now Buffalo is screeeewwed.

This is true.

This just proves (kind of) my theory that the Bills have the crappiest spot in the draft this year. All of the top guys will be gone in the top 10 and we get to pick the best of the leftovers. There are no 'guarantees" in this weak draft class beyond McFadden. It's pathetic.