• DE Philip Merling
    • CB Mike Jenkins

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You would rather take the 4th best DE who is projected to go mid-late first round, instead of the best WR in the draft who is projected to go mid-late first round?

Yes.

Whether or not there were a certain # of better players who happened to play the same position has no bearing at all on the decision. I don't care if he's the 11th best DE in the draft. If he's still mid-first round quality, that's what matters.

Pass Rusher and Merling is an oxy moron.

Is he a polished edge rusher? Not by any means. Is he a versatile, fundamentally sound player w/ good overall skills that has been favorably compared to Trevor Pryce? Yes.

I'd take him.

Is he a polished edge rusher? Not by any means. Is he a versatile, fundamentally sound player w/ good overall skills that has been favorably compared to Trevor Pryce? Yes.

I'd take him.

I agree that's what he is. And I wouldn't take him, I guess we agree to disagree here.

I just feel the whole point in adding a DE is for the sake of the pass rush, and adding another "fundamentally sound player with good overall skills" would be a waste of a first round pick, IMO.

I always subscribe to BPA theory in this case imho is Keith Rivers. With Crowell only having 1 year left on his contract. No real depth at OLB behind Crowell/Mitchell. Rivers being the most technically sound lb to come out this year. It might not be our most major need. He's edging out Merling, who is not what we need at de. Even though Rich is right and he does compare favorably to Trevor Pryce. I just don't see him as a fit/upgrade over what we have. I was looking Harvey for a future starter. I dont think of Merling, in that vain. Rivers is a fantastic player, who would eventually be our starting wlb. A damn good one at that.

I proposed a trade to the Bills, but for some reason its not being considered.

My first, #31 and my 3rd to move up to #11.

Oh well.

Maybe if you didn't make a silly offer, the powers at be would have taken it into consideration.

According to the draft value chart, pick#11 is worth 1,250 points.

You offered pick #31(600 points)and pick #78(200 points)which equals 800 points.

Not a chance.

What, do you think we are a bunch of Donahoe's?

Maybe if you didn't make a silly offer, the powers at be would have taken it into consideration.

You offered pick #31(600 points)and pick #78(200 points)which equals 800 points.

Not a chance.

I would Trade alot of my draft its just that you can only trade up til round three

I don't see how one can pass up a franchise building block like this:

Rising up the charts as the draft approaches.

FYI......in reality he will be taken before our pick anyways. Sweed, Thomas, Merling might all up going in the 20's.

Jenkins. Don't think we'll pick him. He's been tased bro.

Brandon Albert, Virginia

6-5 1/2, 309

40 time: 5.17

Projected round: 1

Mayock: "He's the seventh-best player on my board. He's been a guard his whole career, but whoever drafts him probably is going to move him to left tackle. There's a huge buzz about this guy. I think he's going to be the best left tackle in the entire draft 5 years from now. Great feet, 35-inch arms."

I don't see how one can pass up a franchise building block like this:

Rising up the charts as the draft approaches.

FYI......in reality he will be taken before our pick anyways. Sweed, Thomas, Merling might all up going in the 20's.

Jenkins. Don't think we'll pick him. He's been tased bro.

Brandon Albert, Virginia

6-5 1/2, 309

40 time: 5.17

Projected round: 1

Mayock: "He's the seventh-best player on my board. He's been a guard his whole career, but whoever drafts him probably is going to move him to left tackle. There's a huge buzz about this guy. I think he's going to be the best left tackle in the entire draft 5 years from now. Great feet, 35-inch arms."

I'd rather have Clady, who has played tackle his entire collegiate career.

Not a chance.

Ah yes. I forgot how some of you work around here. You need a chart to tell you what is a good trade and what's not.

But you're right, moving back and selecting the WR you want and picking up another 3rd round pick is stupid. You're better off staying at #11 and either picking a player you don't want, or reaching for a bottom round WR.

Good one.

Ah yes. I forgot how some of you work around here. You need a chart to tell you what is a good trade and what's not.

But you're right, moving back and selecting the WR you want and picking up another 3rd round pick is stupid. You're better off staying at #11 and either picking a player you don't want, or reaching for a bottom round WR.

Good one.

I'm not bound to the chart. But no team is going to drop from #11 to the end of the first round for only a 3rd rounder in exchange. All of the WRs the Bills want could be long gone by then. A third rounder would be enough to drop from 11 to around 18-20. Any further and you need a lot more ammo.

Trading back is likely the best option, but I agree that the trade ans4e64 offered is not good enough. I'd rather stay put and be assured of getting the player I thought was best, even if that was considered a reach, over picking up another 3rd rounder.

Good one.

Ok, skip the chart then, I was just trying to be nice.

You'd have to be a dumb@ss if you'd think that trade would be accepted in reality.

You're in LSI territory and you don't even know it. :thumbsup:

I'd rather have Clady, who has played tackle his entire collegiate career.

I like Clady also, but in this case he wasn't one of the options we had.

Mike Mayock rates Albert, A++, off the charts in his downfield blocking ability.

He said that Albert is the best offensive lineman he has ever seen playing in space.

The thought of having an athletic lineman blocking very effectively on the second level for Lynch is exciting IMHO.