How many players will the Bills send to the Pro Bowl this year?

Thats a very unfair comparison (rookie to potential hall of fame RB), past that, it's just a flat out horrible comparison of two players. Makes me wonder if you ever watched Thurman or Lynch to be able to make of comparison of them thats anything past receiving ability. Two completely different players all together.

Heck if your going to compare Lynch to a hall of fame RB his style resembles Walter a hell of a lot more then Thurman.

I am glad someone else addressed this. I love Thurman Thomas, and certainly would never try to diminish anything he did, because he was a hell of a football player.

As you correctly point out, Lynch and Thomas have nothing in common, other than that they both play or played running back for the Buffalo Bills. To take it one step further (and here is where I risk, unintentionaly sounding like I am scoffing off Thurman), the offense that Thurman played in, while in Buffalo, was perfect for his style. That is why he succeeded so well, and why the Buffalo Bills offense was so potent in the early 90's.

If you watched Thurman, you will realize, a significant percentage of his running yardage came on non-traditional running plays. It was not uncommon for Thurman to have a 20-30 yard run per game, carrying the ball out of the shotgun formation. The Bills offensive line, in thos years, was masterful at run blocking. The Bills passing game was so potent, any defense would pay if they overloaded coverage on one Bills weapon.

The 2007 Bills, with Lynch, were nothing like that offense. This is part because of inferior personel (in comparison to the Super Bowl era Bills teams), and by the design of the former offensive coordinator. In 2007, the Bills were not a real threat to stretch the defense with their passing game, so Lynch was often pounded. To say that Lynch didn't get enough yards on his own, makes me wonder if EO ever saw Lynch play, let alone Thurman. But, as long as you have conviction.....

BTW- in answer to the original question, if Marcus Stroud pans out as we hope he will, I could see Angelo Crowell emerging as a quality starting LB in the NFL...not sure about the Pro Bowl, but I can see him getting some recognition. He is talented, and a great athlete. He got caught out of position a few times this past season, but, IMO, that was as much a result of the weak play in front of him, than anything else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Less dogmatic ?

LOL

I give expert opinion.

I'm dogmatic because I gave my forecast on Lynch making the pro bowl and have the conviction of my opinion ?

What good is it to make an opinion and then change my mind ?.....

.....I always stand by what I say.

<_<

Firstly......when making ones opinions one should endeavour to have them be as researched & logical as one can get.

Secondly.....What good is it to have an opinion if you are not willing to adjust, vary or change it when presented with information or new views that you had not previously considered? By not doing that all one is doing is dogmatically sticking to a viewpoint that has potentially been shown to be suspect.

Where is the benefit in not changing ones mind? To form an opinion & then be able to adapt it to a superior opinion is surely greater than forming an opinion & rigidly adhering to it......not being able to defend or justify it.....and create an atmosphere where discussion is futile.

Personally I prefer to learn rather than try & prove that every thought/opinion I come up with is correct. You may view the board as a point scoring exercise......I'll stick to using it as a great source for obtaining knowledge, opinions & viewpoints which generally make the 'experts' look amateurish(e.g. the two posts ahead of this one).

I'm predicting seven and I'll take a stab at who they will be.

1. John McCargo

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Donte Whitner

4. Brian Moorman

5. Jason Peters

6. Aaron Schobel

7. Ryan Lindell

The best part of this prediction is that there is not one person on this board that can prove me wrong until Feb '09.

Dreeeeeamerrr...silly litte dreeeeeeeeamer......the best players out of that group are Lindell and Peters. I say 2 if we are lucky.

:thumbsup:

Firstly......when making ones opinions one should endeavour to have them be as researched & logical as one can get.

Secondly.....What good is it to have an opinion if you are not willing to adjust, vary or change it when presented with information or new views that you had not previously considered? By not doing that all one is doing is dogmatically sticking to a viewpoint that has potentially been shown to be suspect.

Where is the benefit in not changing ones mind? To form an opinion & then be able to adapt it to a superior opinion is surely greater than forming an opinion & rigidly adhering to it......not being able to defend or justify it.....and create an atmosphere where discussion is futile.

Personally I prefer to learn rather than try & prove that every thought/opinion I come up with is correct. You may view the board as a point scoring exercise......I'll stick to using it as a great source for obtaining knowledge, opinions & viewpoints which generally make the 'experts' look amateurish(e.g. the two posts ahead of this one).

I already have the superior opinion for I am The ExpertOpinion.

The one and only.

Thats a very unfair comparison (rookie to potential hall of fame RB), past that, it's just a flat out horrible comparison of two players. Makes me wonder if you ever watched Thurman or Lynch to be able to make of comparison of them thats anything past receiving ability. Two completely different players all together.

TT was never a "power runner", he just had an amazing ability to sneak threw cracks, shiftiness, never let defenders get a full piece of him. Lynch, in his rookie year, was already more of a power runner then Thurman ever was. He created practically every yard he got last year. He initiates contact almost every play, and it took multiple defenders to bring him down almost every play. The run blocking was atrocious. His ability after contact was incredible at times last season. TT just never took on that much contact, he had an amazing ability to avoid it by shifting or contorting his body to perfection. THATS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY HE WAS GREAT, not because he put his head down and ran over people.

Heck if your going to compare Lynch to a hall of fame RB his style resembles Walter a hell of a lot more then Thurman.

I never said they weren't completely different.

What is this your strawman argument.

What are you doing counter something I never said ?

He was compared by the Bill's FO at draft time to Thurman Thomas.

How is comparing the two running backs "unfair" ?

It's unfair for me to say that Thurman Thomas is a much better back ?

It's not fair , it's not fair, it's not fair !

That makes zero sense.

I already have the superior opinion for I am The ExpertOpinion.

The one and only.

Who is this, the Wizard of Oz??!! Remember what happened to him? He was exposed as a fraud, much like you pretending to be a Bills' fan. Now click your heels three times and get the hell out of here because the sh-- that you're trying to lay down makes no sense and you are just being arguementive.

:worthy:

Well put dibs :thumbsup:

Who is this, the Wizard of Oz??!! Remember what happened to him? He was exposed as a fraud, much like you pretending to be a Bills' fan. Now click your heels three times and get the hell out of here because the sh-- that you're trying to lay down makes no sense and you are just being arguementive.

Don't prod the BEAR! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Someone needs to forward this to the White House...

Grow up and stop crying.

It's just football.

I am glad someone else addressed this. I love Thurman Thomas, and certainly would never try to diminish anything he did, because he was a hell of a football player.

As you correctly point out, Lynch and Thomas have nothing in common, other than that they both play or played running back for the Buffalo Bills. To take it one step further (and here is where I risk, unintentionaly sounding like I am scoffing off Thurman), the offense that Thurman played in, while in Buffalo, was perfect for his style. That is why he succeeded so well, and why the Buffalo Bills offense was so potent in the early 90's.

If you watched Thurman, you will realize, a significant percentage of his running yardage came on non-traditional running plays. It was not uncommon for Thurman to have a 20-30 yard run per game, carrying the ball out of the shotgun formation. The Bills offensive line, in thos years, was masterful at run blocking. The Bills passing game was so potent, any defense would pay if they overloaded coverage on one Bills weapon.

The 2007 Bills, with Lynch, were nothing like that offense. This is part because of inferior personel (in comparison to the Super Bowl era Bills teams), and by the design of the former offensive coordinator. In 2007, the Bills were not a real threat to stretch the defense with their passing game, so Lynch was often pounded. To say that Lynch didn't get enough yards on his own, makes me wonder if EO ever saw Lynch play, let alone Thurman. But, as long as you have conviction.....

BTW- in answer to the original question, if Marcus Stroud pans out as we hope he will, I could see Angelo Crowell emerging as a quality starting LB in the NFL...not sure about the Pro Bowl, but I can see him getting some recognition. He is talented, and a great athlete. He got caught out of position a few times this past season, but, IMO, that was as much a result of the weak play in front of him, than anything else.

The expert has seen them both play and in either offense TT would be better than Lynch.

Thurman Thomas was just a better all around player.

I'm predicting seven and I'll take a stab at who they will be.

1. John McCargo

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Donte Whitner

4. Brian Moorman

5. Jason Peters

6. Aaron Schobel

7. Ryan Lindell

The best part of this prediction is that there is not one person on this board that can prove me wrong until Feb '09.

Can't believe nobody got #8 and #9. JP Losman and Lee Evans.