How many players will the Bills send to the Pro Bowl this year?

His yards per carry 4.0

Larry Johnson 3.5 / 2006 4.3 / and his rookie year playing very little behind Priest Holmes 4.3.

LT 4.7 / 2006 5.2 / Tomlinson's rookie year 3.6.

'Nuff said.

3.5 yards per carry blows and 4 yards per carry isn't pro bowl either.

Did Johnson make the pro bowl when he averaged 3.5 ?

At 4 yards per carry Lynch be in line with a lot of other backs.

Ok Tomlinson had 3.6 his rookie year.

But what did he do to get to the pro bowl?

If Lynch puts up numbers like LT did in his pro bowl years , then Lynch will be in the pro bowl.

But he won't be there off of last years numbers.

I'm not assuming that he'll match LT based on their rookie numbers, that just doesn't make any sense.

Because then you'd have several backs outrunning LT.

LIke I said Lynch needs a serious leap forward to make it to a pro bowl.

I'm not banking on it off of what he did last year and what the run blocking was.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3.5 yards per carry blows and 4 yards per carry isn't pro bowl either.

Did Johnson make the pro bowl when he averaged 3.5 ?

At 4 yards per carry Lynch be in line with a lot of other backs.

Ok Tomlinson had 3.6 his rookie year.

But what did he do to get to the pro bowl?

If Lynch puts up numbers like LT did in his pro bowl years , then Lynch will be in the pro bowl.

But he won't be there off of last years numbers.

And I'm not assuming that he will match LT based on their rookie numbers, that just doesn't make any sense.

Because then you'd have several backs outrunning LT.

LIke I said Lynch needs a serious leap forward to make it to a pro bowl.

I'm not banking on it off of what he did last year and what the run blocking was.

You don't perhaps think that the entire Bills O had a little something to do with his production?

You don't perhaps think that the entire Bills O had a little something to do with his production?

I do.

That's why I mention the run blocking .

I don't see him tearing it up unless he gets far better blocking.

BTW this Lynch ...they compared him to Thurman Thomas coming out of the draft, but Lynch comes nowhere near Thomas when it comes to getting yards on his own.

He'll need better blocking than a back like Thomas would.

He's needs superb blocking to make a pro bowl.

And the Bills don't have it.

I do.

BTW this Lynch ...they compared him to Thurman Thomas coming out of the draft, but Lynch comes nowhere near Thomas when it comes to getting yards on his own.

You & I greatly differ in our assessment of Lynch's talent.

I hope you get a pleasant surprise in the next few years.

Well that would be good.

But I'm not holding my breath.

He's better than Magahee that I'm sure of.

Magahee just made the probowl.

Did you realize that Lynch.....behind a suspect run-blocking OL.....with rookie(bad) QB play.....no passing game.....highly predictable offence.....and in his rookie year......was 7th in the NFL in yards per game(for RBs with over 1000yds). YPC is OK at 4.0......but honestly....what would one expect from all the negatives he was working with last season.

It won't take too much to happen for him to be very, very productive.

Magahee just made the probowl.

Did you realize that Lynch.....behind a suspect run-blocking OL.....with rookie(bad) QB play.....no passing game.....highly predictable offence.....and in his rookie year......was 7th in the NFL in yards per game(for RBs with over 1000yds). YPC is OK at 4.0......but honestly....what would one expect from all the negatives he was working with last season.

It won't take too much to happen for him to be very, very productive.

I don't care that Magahee made the pro bowl.

He was running behind a better line.

It will take a lot for Lynch to be ...very very productive (pro bowl level).

Again he's no Thurman Thomas like he was hyped up to be.

He needs very good run blocking and a balanced attack.

On the whole Buffalo's Oline is very average.

I don't care that Magahee made the pro bowl.

He was running behind a better line.

Firstly I thought that you were making out that Lynch needs to improve his game by a lot to make the probowl.

I got that impression when you said.....

He hasn't really proven himself to be much more than average to this point.

Secondly......you don't think perhaps that having the 7th YPG in the NFL with all of the negatives he had against him has any baring on the situation? The OL is pretty good......if we stop being predictable....and can get a semblance of a passing game going the opposition will stop keying the run. All of a sudden....better YPC.....and better blocking OL.

Firstly I thought that you were making out that Lynch needs to improve his game by a lot to make the probowl.

I got that impression when you said.....

Yeah you got that impression because it is what I said.

Secondly......you don't think perhaps that having the 7th YPG in the NFL with all of the negatives he had against him has any baring on the situation? The OL is pretty good......if we stop being predictable....and can get a semblance of a passing game going the opposition will stop keying the run. All of a sudden....better YPC.....and better blocking OL.

No not all of a sudden.

I never changed what I said.

Go back and read it.

He needs one of two things or both to make the pro bowl...better run blocking...or he himself needs to take a leap forward.

It will take a lot for Lynch to be ...very very productive (pro bowl level).

Again he's no Thurman Thomas like he was hyped up to be.

You added this after I responded.....

No it won't!

If Lynch had not been injured he would have had better stats than McGahee.....more TDs......equivalent YPC....less fumbles.

He would have had similar stats to Parker......slightly less yards.....equivalent YPC.....far less fumbles.

Please.....look at the link & see how close he was last season to probowl numbers.

BTW.....why keep raising TT???? To try to make out that a very productive rookie is no good because he does not compare to a HOFer is.....curious.

You added this after I responded.....

No it won't!

If Lynch had not been injured he would have had better stats than McGahee.....more TDs......equivalent YPC....less fumbles.

He would have had similar stats to Parker......slightly less yards.....equivalent YPC.....far less fumbles.

Please.....look at the link & see how close he was last season to probowl numbers.

BTW.....why keep raising TT???? To try to make out that a very productive rookie is no good because he does not compare to a HOFer is.....curious.

I only reiterated what I originally said.

And what is this about TT?

Who is TT?

If you mean LT , it wasn't me that brought his name into it.

I just replied to it.

There are other backs on that list that you could apply your ...would have could have should have to.

I only reiterated what I originally said.

And what is this about TT?

Who is TT?

If you mean LT , it wasn't me that brought his name into it.

I just replied to it.

Thurman Thomas

He needs one of two things or both to make the pro bowl...better run blocking...or he himself needs to take a leap forward.

So you don't think that.....as I said.....having less predictable and overall better playcalling & a better passing game(and playing 16 games) won't improve his stats enough?

There are other backs on that list that you could apply your .....would have could have should have to.
You added this bit after I responded.....

Which ones would have?

You added this bit after I responded.....

Which ones would have?

I don't go by would have could have should have , you do.

I don't.

I go by what is typical for a pro bowl year.

Not just on what other back's numbers were last year.

These other backs...guess what ...their numbers aren't static either.

I don't go by would have could have should have , you do.

I don't.

I go by what is typical for a pro bowl year.

Not just on what other back's numbers were last year.

These other backs...guess what ...their numbers aren't static either.

Good avoidance of the point. The point is that Lynch's numbers were just off probowl numbers for 2007. Had he played a full season his numbers would have landed him a probowl spot. He was a rookie & theoretically will show some improvement over last season. He was being used in the most predictable offense in the league with terrible playcalling. His offense had the 3rd worst passing game in the league using rookie(bad) QB.

All this & you think that....

A) He needs to improve greatly to achieve probowl numbers(which he nearly had last season).

or

B) The runblocking must improve for him to make a probowl.

Take a breather.....look at the numbers.....look at the overall situation......and tell me why apart from LT any RB has a better case for expecting to make the probowl in 2008.

Good avoidance of the point. The point is that Lynch's numbers were just off probowl numbers for 2007. Had he played a full season his numbers would have landed him a probowl spot. He was a rookie & theoretically will show some improvement over last season. He was being used in the most predictable offense in the league with terrible playcalling. His offense had the 3rd worst passing game in the league using rookie(bad) QB.

All this & you think that....

A) He needs to improve greatly to achieve probowl numbers(which he nearly had last season).

or

B) The runblocking must improve for him to make a probowl.

Take a breather.....look at the numbers.....look at the overall situation......and tell me why apart from LT any RB has a better case for expecting to make the probowl in 2008.

I avoid nothing.

Jason Peters...maybe

Brian Moorman...maybe

The rest...no

I never recanted that in regaurds to Lynch did I ?

You check back with me when he makes next years pro bowl.

I avoid nothing.

Says the guy avoiding the question.

The difference between my view & yours is.....

I say that Lynch has shown that he has a reasonable chance to make the probowl in 2008.....backed not only by his actual stats in comparison to his AFC counterparts but by all the negative factors he had in his 2007 season.

You say that unless either he or the run-blocking greatly improve, he has no chance to make the probowl in 2008.....backed by.....um....because he had a 4.0 YPC & is no Thurman Thomas

Perhaps you should check back with me when you learn to become less dogmatic & more able to adjust your view by accepting extra information when it is presented.

I avoid nothing.

I never recanted that in regaurds to Lynch did I ?

Ug....again with the bits added after I respond....

I had(& have) no problems at all with you thinking that ML won't make the probowl this season.....

I only responded when you came out with.....

Lynch ?

What is Lynch's yards per carry ?

He hasn't really proven himself to be much more than average to this point.

He had a lot of carries I'll give him that.

But a pro bowler ?

Not off of last years numbers.

Fans like exaggerate players and once the ball gets rolling few fans stop to say...lets just take an objective look for a minute.

He'll need to seriously step up the action to be pro bowl caliber.

Says the guy avoiding the question.

The difference between my view & yours is.....

I say that Lynch has shown that he has a reasonable chance to make the probowl in 2008.....backed not only by his actual stats in comparison to his AFC counterparts but by all the negative factors he had in his 2007 season.

You say that unless either he or the run-blocking greatly improve, he has no chance to make the probowl in 2008.....backed by.....um....because he had a 4.0 YPC & is no Thurman Thomas

Perhaps you should check back with me when you learn to become less dogmatic & more able to adjust your view by accepting extra information when it is presented.

Less dogmatic ?

LOL

I give expert opinion.

I'm dogmatic because I gave my forecast on Lynch making the pro bowl and have the conviction of my opinion ?

What good is it to make an opinion and then change my mind ?

If he makes the pro bowl this season you will have ever opportunity to give me the ...I told you so.

That is what it is all about.

And I reserve the right to do the same.

How does that sound ?

I'm not like the novices that blow hot air in a QB controversy and then when they face having their comments throw in their face they DELETE the season.

I always stand by what I say.

I do.

Thats a very unfair comparison (rookie to potential hall of fame RB), past that, it's just a flat out horrible comparison of two players. Makes me wonder if you ever watched Thurman or Lynch to be able to make of comparison of them thats anything past receiving ability. Two completely different players all together.

TT was never a "power runner", he just had an amazing ability to sneak threw cracks, shiftiness, never let defenders get a full piece of him. Lynch, in his rookie year, was already more of a power runner then Thurman ever was. He created practically every yard he got last year. He initiates contact almost every play, and it took multiple defenders to bring him down almost every play. The run blocking was atrocious. His ability after contact was incredible at times last season. TT just never took on that much contact, he had an amazing ability to avoid it by shifting or contorting his body to perfection. THATS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY HE WAS GREAT, not because he put his head down and ran over people.

Heck if your going to compare Lynch to a hall of fame RB his style resembles Walter a hell of a lot more then Thurman.