I've been watching some of the Bills/Dallas MNF game on NFL

I realize that it's only one game but there is still some things that one can walk away with.

1. Anyone who thinks that Edwards shouldn't be the starter over Losman or isn't our QB of the future is sadly mistaken. His release, touch and decision making is far supior to JP and we got a good one here. Watching him throw those short and intermediate passes right on the numbers was flat out AWESOME. I'm sorry but we haven't and won't get that from JP. I like Losman but Edwards is our answer for success, now and in the future. Here's the difference between the two to me. Edwards is, or can be, a good QB and Losman just has some good things about him but is lacking in other areas. What hurts Edwards the most is the lack of experience but that won't last for long.

2. I got a real sick feeling when I saw us in the first half go for one yd on 3rd AND 4th down and not get it. Once again this screams for us to address the trenches. I'm confident that Derrick Harvey and/or Branden Albert will be available when we pick at #11 and if we better take one or the other. Blast me all you want but we need to dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball and right now we got alot of pieces in place but are still missing an important player or two on both sides of the ball.

3. There was a pass play to Lynch that went for 22 yds. It looked great but I did not like the way it ended. Lynch was running down the sideline and could have turned the play back into the field but chose to go out of bounds. I like and enjoy watching Lynch but I'm out on using Beast Mode after watching a run end like that but then again I'm used to watching Walter Payton and haven't seen a RB that even comes close since him.

4. Both halves ended on a FG. Lucky f@#$ing us.

5. I liked watching some of Roscoe's field vision. At one time or another I called for trading him but I can see that I was wrong, the guy is a playmaker.

6. I think that Jabari Greer played a heck of a game and our DEs are good, they just need a little more help and hopefully the Stroud and Mitchell is that help.

7. Is this George Wilson another Jason Peters type find or what?!

8. I think that with just a little bit of good fortune and a strong draft we could actually threaten for the division title.

I realize that it's only one game but there is still some things that one can walk away with.

1. Anyone who thinks that Edwards shouldn't be the starter over Losman or isn't our QB of the future is sadly mistaken. His release, touch and decision making is far supior to JP and we got a good one here. Watching him throw those short and intermediate passes right on the numbers was flat out AWESOME. I'm sorry but we haven't and won't get that from JP. I like Losman but Edwards is our answer for success, now and in the future. Here's the difference between the two to me. Edwards is, or can be, a good QB and Losman just has some good things about him but is lacking in other areas. What hurts Edwards the most is the lack of experience but that won't last for long.

2. I got a real sick feeling when I saw us in the first half go for one yd on 3rd AND 4th down and not get it. Once again this screams for us to address the trenches. I'm confident that Derrick Harvey and/or Branden Albert will be available when we pick at #11 and if we better take one or the other. Blast me all you want but we need to dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball and right now we got alot of pieces in place but are still missing an important player or two on both sides of the ball.

3. There was a pass play to Lynch that went for 22 yds. It looked great but I did not like the way it ended. Lynch was running down the sideline and could have turned the play back into the field but chose to go out of bounds. I like and enjoy watching Lynch but I'm out on using Beast Mode after watching a run end like that but then again I'm used to watching Walter Payton and haven't seen a RB that even comes close since him.

4. Both halves ended on a FG. Lucky f@#$ing us.

5. I liked watching some of Roscoe's field vision. At one time or another I called for trading him but I can see that I was wrong, the guy is a playmaker.

6. I think that Jabari Greer played a heck of a game and our DEs are good, they just need a little more help and hopefully the Stroud and Mitchell is that help.

7. Is this George Wilson another Jason Peters type find or what?!

8. I think that with just a little bit of good fortune and a strong draft we could actually threaten for the division title.

I agree with you on most points here. George Wilson might be another good find but i wouldnt consider him Jason peters type find yet. He will be a solid backup and good spot starter for years to come, but thats all i can see in his future.

I agree with you on Edwards too. I love JP and i still believe he will be a good QB but not for this team. his strengths are much different. Edwards is a pocket passer who can fit into a west coast system and JP is more instictive home run type. Edwards will be the better q in this offense but if JP can find a good fit for him, i think he could be a good one. JMO

I agree with you on most points here. George Wilson might be another good find but i wouldnt consider him Jason peters type find yet. He will be a solid backup and good spot starter for years to come, but thats all i can see in his future.

I agree. He was constantly out of position last year, even on that interception. Romo threw the ball way over Witten's head and Wilson, being out of place (should have been up on Witten more), had the ball fall right into his hands.

He's a decent back up, nothing more.

I agree with you on Edwards too. I love JP and i still believe he will be a good QB but not for this team. his strengths are much different. Edwards is a pocket passer who can fit into a west coast system and JP is more instictive home run type. Edwards will be the better q in this offense but if JP can find a good fit for him, i think he could be a good one. JMO

Hey Hamdan's Revenge, thanks for your input but please keep in mind that this was a converted WR playing his first year as a S. I'm not saying that he's there yet just that one can see his future potential.

Hey Hamdan's Revenge, thanks for your input but please keep in mind that this was a converted WR playing his first year as a S. I'm not saying that he's there yet just that one can see his future potential.

I do keep that in mind obviosly he has some upside but im not sure if i still could see him as a conststent starter anywhere in the near future

1. Anyone who thinks that Edwards shouldn't be the starter over Losman or isn't our QB of the future is sadly mistaken.

I caught that game too and agree with your comments. To this day, people make comments about Edwards only putting up FG's in that game, but 2 things stood out to me. First, Marshawn (and I like him very much) had a pitiful game. He had 20 carries for 66 yards as well as two inexcusable pass drops on third down. The second thing was the play calling, run, run, and pass on third and medium. Good riddance Fairchild!!!!

I was at that game. I've never seen a home crowd more jacked. Non-stop delerium. I bet the players felt the energy from the 12th man that night.

PTR

I still get those energy cheers and tears when i rewatch some of those hilights as well. I was there, and the energy was INTENSE! If only we could have pulled it off. What a sick game

I was at that game. I've never seen a home crowd more jacked. Non-stop delerium. I bet the players felt the energy from the 12th man that night.

PTR

The players definitely did. I remember Coy Wire saying in an episode of "68 seconds with langston walker" that we should be up like that every game.

To the thread starter:

I agree with you about Tredwards. Since golf season is beginning I'll draw from the golf cliche "Drive for show, putt for dough". JP is all about the long bomb, and he does it well, but when it's not there, he doesn't have much else going for him. If a lane opens up for him he can run for a first down, but his scrambling skills were very lacking. He rarely would make a play after the pocket collapsed, and he would often do something dumb. Edwards manages the ball well, is very smart, very accurate, can make the short timing throws that you need to throw to your RB successfully, doesn't make the big down field throw as often, but has the ability to.

Going into last year I was 100% behind JP, and I still believe that was our best option to go with at that time, but now it's time to go forward, and once again put our faith in a young QB, and hope it turns out better this time.

I caught that game too and agree with your comments. To this day, people make comments about Edwards only putting up FG's in that game, but 2 things stood out to me. First, Marshawn (and I like him very much) had a pitiful game. He had 20 carries for 66 yards as well as two inexcusable pass drops on third down. The second thing was the play calling, run, run, and pass on third and medium. Good riddance Fairchild!!!!

Don't expect the Turk to suddenly call a wide open game and turn this team into the early 90's Bills. Jauron is a risk averse coach with a young risk averse QB. Jauron has coached this way all through his career. He plays defense with his offense and hopes to keep a game close and win it in the end. Same shyt he did here in Chicago. Turk will have a leash on him IMO.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts on our team from last year. I know exactly what play you are talking about Lynch was running down the left side of the field and he saw Roy Williams and instead of cutting back in he just let up and ran out of bounds. I am not sure why he did that but I hope he wasn't afreaid to get hit. I know Lynch can give it out just as much as he can take but I wonder what he was thinking on that play.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts on our team from last year. I know exactly what play you are talking about Lynch was running down the left side of the field and he saw Roy Williams and instead of cutting back in he just let up and ran out of bounds. I am not sure why he did that but I hope he wasn't afreaid to get hit. I know Lynch can give it out just as much as he can take but I wonder what he was thinking on that play.

I do believe that he was winded abit because he looked like he was huffing and puffing but someone who prides themselves on "Beast Mode" should have that mentality 24/7. It wasn't there on that play and to say that it surprised me would be an understatement.

I still get those energy cheers and tears when i rewatch some of those hilights as well. I was there, and the energy was INTENSE! If only we could have pulled it off. What a sick game

My friend got 5 tickets in the upper deck from a client of his so we ended up selling our season tickets in the lower bowl(sec 108). I forgot how fun it used to be & how loud it could get by banging the old bleacher seats. I know alot of people may disagree with my but I actually miss the old bleacher seats in the lower bowl. Good times.

I do believe that he was winded abit because he looked like he was huffing and puffing but someone who prides themselves on "Beast Mode" should have that mentality 24/7. It wasn't there on that play and to say that it surprised me would be an understatement.

I don't know Tipster...perhaps him having that mentality 24/7 (after that game) is why we lost him for a few games after Miami...

I agree with the posts in this thread that Trent Edwards is the man based on this Dallas game. I mean, he almost got the team to score and if it wasn't for the special teams and defense we would have won this game.

Everyone complaining about no touchdowns should ST :ph34r: U. Look what happens when we try. Trent throws a perfectly great pass for a third round rookie and the game almost gets blown. I mean he took the snap, turned and heaved it. What was Evans problem anyway? He should have known it was coming. A more physical receiver gets that ball.

I didn't realize it until now, but you guys are right. Marshawn stinks. Especially for a first rounder. Maybe if we get some real weapons around Trent he wouldn't have to do everything like he did in this game.

Dallas scores 9 points in the last 40 seconds to win. That says it all. They wanted it more than the Bills did.

What the Bills need to develop is a killer, put-em-away mentality.

It reminded me of the Home Run Throwback game - too much celebrating before the final seconds ticked off.

Totally agree about Edwards. The guy has field vision. Give him some weapons (i.e.: a dominating center, WR & TE) and I think he'll be a playmaker. I think we all wished for Losman's sucess, but he's never going to amount to more than a situational passer with some desirable athletic skills. He's not a field general who will methodically march down the field and use the clock to his advantage, and in turn, give our defense time to recharge. Edwards has shown signs of having those talents.

And at the risk of starting another uniform thread........

Don't know if it's because I'm an old timer who gets nostalgic, but damn, those uniforms look so much better than the look of our current washed-out, faded-looking navy blues. Especially in HD. God, those 21st century Bills unis are horrible looking. Is it me, or is that color just dull as hell? It has all the dynamic color range of a faded tattoo. Maybe it's my mental association with a subpar team (since that glorious Bledsoe era) that contributes to my dislike of the colors.

Powers that be at One Bills Drive: Please bring back the throwback colors permanently.