Bills "On the Clock" On ESPN SportsCenter

Tomorrow's (Monday) 6pm SportsCenter will feature the Bills "On the Clock"

be sure to tune in and listen to Mort and Mel talk sh-- and make fools of themselves as they bitterly tear apart the Bills even though we are on the right track.

cant wait to see how poorly and lazily they analyze the team.

Tomorrow's (Monday) 6pm SportsCenter will feature the Bills "On the Clock"

be sure to tune in and listen to Mort and Mel talk sh-- and make fools of themselves as they bitterly tear apart the Bills even though we are on the right track.

cant wait to see how poorly and lazily they analyze the team.

I can hear Mort right now:

"Buffalo's biggest mistake was firing the genius Tom Donahoe. They've gone downhill ever since then."

I'd like to see anyone out-do Marshall Faulk, and his assessment of the Bills (particularly their "need" for a OLT). I'll watch to see if they know who the starting QB is.

Yeah, no kidding.

Marshall made himself look so stupid when he said we needed to upgrade at Left Tackle. I didn't mind him before, but after that I lost all respect for him.

I can't watch ESPN or NFL network Bills analysis. No one in the national media has watched a Bills game in years. They basically learn a couple of names, look at a copule of stats then just talk out of their a$$. Anyone on this board could give a better analysis than them. My favorite part of Faulk's analysis (besides the Left tackle quote) was hearing about what a great job Steve Fairchild did.

I can't watch ESPN or NFL network Bills analysis. No one in the national media has watched a Bills game in years. They basically learn a couple of names, look at a copule of stats then just talk out of their a$$. Anyone on this board could give a better analysis than them. My favorite part of Faulk's analysis (besides the Left tackle quote) was hearing about what a great job Steve Fairchild did.

When hearing Marshall Faulk talk about the Bills needs, I could hear Carlos Mencia in my head going "Dee Dee Dee". I liked Faulk, but after he inserted his foot in his mouth, I think he's a huge dumba-s!!!!

Spot on! :unsure:

That is why I get such a big kick out of it when people start threads about how some jag off from ESPN, or, wherever, disrespected the Bills...their opinions mean zilch, no more than anyone who posts here, maybe even less. I am not saying they are all wrong, all of the time, or that I won't listen to them...but when you follow a small market team, like we all do, you know that these guys don't spend more than a minute thinking about the Bills. I am sure there are fans, who follow other teams, outside of Dallas, New England, New York and Philly who feel the same way...just give me the highlights and the stats....I can figure the rest out...

A preview of Mort's report can be found here

Since nobody has bothered to post an update in the close to 4 hours since this was supposed to be on, I'm going to assume either one of 2 things happened:

1. ESPN skipped the Bills segment in favor of Religious services at the Church of the Belichek, the Brady, and the Holy Bruschi

or 2. My preview of Mort's report was accurate

Or both

Since nobody has bothered to post an update in the close to 4 hours since this was supposed to be on, I'm going to assume either one of 2 things happened:

1. ESPN skipped the Bills segment in favor of Religious services at the Church of the Belichek, the Brady, and the Holy Bruschi

or 2. My preview of Mort's report was accurate

Or both

hahaha, darn it! i made the thread, worked from home all day, then completely forgot and was out running around during it...

failure. im sure i didnt miss much. if i know mort and mel, they figured out a way to talk about our division, which lead the way to talking about the patriots and out 5 minutes was dedicated to tom brady.

(edit: lol at both of us using a patriots joke, i didnt catch that when i skimmed your post)

Kiper thinks we will draft a CB in 1st...WR 2nd...TE 3rd...

they all agreed that the Bills need to get some weapons offensively....

and a CB to push Greer

Kiper made the point that 11 is too early to draft Kelly, and that a better value would be DRC at CB.

Hoge loves Lynch and believes he's the power back a team loves to have. Now if only Schonert can get him involved in the passing game.

Kiper made the point that 11 is too early to draft Kelly, and that a better value would be DRC at CB.

Hoge loves Lynch and believes he's the power back a team loves to have. Now if only Schonert can get him involved in the passing game.

oh so since DRC is #11 "worthy" according to Mel's board, that's who he thinks a team will take...

great. and then when we take someone else, he can whine "BOO HOO THEY REACHED"

this is a great example of why they made up the term "reach"

Spot on! :unsure:

That is why I get such a big kick out of it when people start threads about how some jag off from ESPN, or, wherever, disrespected the Bills...their opinions mean zilch, no more than anyone who posts here, maybe even less. I am not saying they are all wrong, all of the time, or that I won't listen to them...but when you follow a small market team, like we all do, you know that these guys don't spend more than a minute thinking about the Bills. I am sure there are fans, who follow other teams, outside of Dallas, New England, New York and Philly who feel the same way...just give me the highlights and the stats....I can figure the rest out...

you're correct. I mean just look at the way they cover the Packers. It was always about Brett Favre...but the rest of the team was pretty damn good and not one single "expert" even saw that great 07 season coming.

I live in AZ and know a bit about these Cardinals. But if you listen to ESPN, all they can talk about about is Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Leinart.

If you asked any one at ESPNtertainment Tonight where the Cards ranked against the run, and they'd probably tell you somewhere near the bottom. They were 9th in the league.

Later in the show Kiper and McShay were debating the merits of Kelly being worthy of a first rounder, and Kiper relented that he is, albeit not until 19 or later. Kiper played up Devin Thomas, and McShay shot him down saying he could take his Devin Thomas, he'll take Kelly any day. McShay seemed really sold on Kelly, played up all his attributes including his size and that he'll run in the 4.4's at his pro day, and mentioned he "knows" the Bills really like him. It seems at least one talking head won't be playing the "reach" card if we do end up selecting him at 11.

Later in the show Kiper and McShay were debating the merits of Kelly being worthy of a first rounder, and Kiper relented that he is, albeit not until 19 or later. Kiper played up Devin Thomas, and McShay shot him down saying he could take his Devin Thomas, he'll take Kelly any day. McShay seemed really sold on Kelly, played up all his attributes including his size and that he'll run in the 4.4's at his pro day, and mentioned he "knows" the Bills really like him. It seems at least one talking head won't be playing the "reach" card if we do end up selecting him at 11.

All the more curious I am to see what we're gonna to do in 2 weeks.