Talk show host suspended (fired?) by Air America radio

Yeah, cause we should aspire to have an Imus level uproar every time someone says anything remotely insulting to a politician or a bunch of ugly basketball players. <_<

*Sniff**Sniff* Maybe if we hand her the Presidency her feelings won't be hurt any more.

I'm not saying we should, I'm pointing out the overreaction to one compared to the other, but both should be discouraged. Sexism is just considered acceptable by too many people, as evidenced by your last mysogynistic statement, among others.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying we should, I'm pointing out the overreaction to one compared to the other, but both should be discouraged. Sexism is just considered acceptable by too many people, as evidenced by your last mysogynistic statement, among others.

What? <_<

As we've come to learn with Fox over the years they'll throw something out there like the Wright screeds (completely out of context of course) and through sheer sledgehammer repetition pound their point home until the other corporate media outlets, afraid that they might be seen as "liberal" for ignoring such an earth shattering story, fall in line and give Fox news nonsense way more creedence than it actually deserves.

Out of context? There's no "context" you can put Wright's racist, paranoid rants in to make them acceptable, let alone the statements of someone you'd admire. "God Damn America!", "U.S. of KKK A!", and the U.S. government creating the HIV virus don't have a proper context.

(Also, nice run-on sentence up there.)

I think that means KD hates HIS woman. In Pasta Joe's opinion of course.

That's only mysogynistic if you hate her BECAUSE she's a woman.

And nothing KD said implied that he hated her, or had anything to do with her being a woman. It mocked Pasta Joe. Last I checked, "mocking Pasta Joe" isn't the defintion of "mysogynism" either.

So your argument is that a single cable news channel (maybe 1 million viewers) drives the editorial powers of the Big 3 networks and their news divisions across cable and broadcast, which reach 10 million on the morning news alone?

Konservatives 'b powerful persuasive...

Randi Rhodes is one of the worst radio personalities ever. She is incoherent at times, angry in general, and not terribly bright. I honestly think she was a significant contributor to the fall of Air America. Among the liberals I know, most turned the channel when she came on. She is the liberal version of Sean Hannity in drag.

Now Rachel Maddow was at least intelligent, articulate, and had well thought out opinions even if I did disagree with her quite a bit. Also very funny.

And nothing KD said implied that he hated her, or had anything to do with her being a woman. It mocked Pasta Joe. Last I checked, "mocking Pasta Joe" isn't the defintion of "mysogynism" either.

What if PastaJoe is my woman?

I was being sarcastic. Sorry, should have added a :censored:

Edit - I should add that it is spelled "misogyny". Hence my rather weak pun.

Out of context? There's no "context" you can put Wright's racist, paranoid rants in to make them acceptable, let alone the statements of someone you'd admire. "God Damn America!", "U.S. of KKK A!", and the U.S. government creating the HIV virus don't have a proper context.

(Also, nice run-on sentence up there.)

Well Silver......why doesn't the corporate media cover John McCain's "spiritual advisors"?

Hagee and Olynsky?

Funny discussion, I am one of those self appointed progressives, but I think Randy Rhodes takes the same tact as Rush Limbaugh, in fact, I think they once worked together. I have a libertarian friend who claims that Rhodes is the bastard child of Limbaugh and both are on OXY.

That aside, I couldn't agree more with her comments and because she is a woman in this politically correct world, she should have gotten away with it.

The word on the street, right or wrong, is that Hillary's folks are the ones feeding Fox all the dirt about Obama. Politics always makes interesting bed fellows. Can't wait till McCain loses his temper because folks who can't stand him in his party do something to piss him off. This should actually be an entertaining summer from a political perspective.

P.S. That same libertarian believes Connie Rice is going to be the eventual R nominee and that Romney will be the VP. Not sure what he is smoking, but in todays political world, anything is possible. :censored:

Funny discussion, I am one of those self appointed progressives, but I think Randy Rhodes takes the same tact as Rush Limbaugh, in fact, I think they once worked together. I have a libertarian friend who claims that Rhodes is the bastard child of Limbaugh and both are on OXY.

That aside, I couldn't agree more with her comments and because she is a woman in this politically correct world, she should have gotten away with it.

The word on the street, right or wrong, is that Hillary's folks are the ones feeding Fox all the dirt about Obama. Politics always makes interesting bed fellows. Can't wait till McCain loses his temper because folks who can't stand him in his party do something to piss him off. This should actually be an entertaining summer from a political perspective.

P.S. That same libertarian believes Connie Rice is going to be the eventual R nominee and that Romney will be the VP. Not sure what he is smoking, but in todays political world, anything is possible. <_<

What is this recent love affair Hillary is having with the right wing biased media these days? It's bad enough she's sucking up to Fox News while her flunky Ferraro spouts her racist crap as a regular contributor to Hannity and Colmes, but she's also going out of her way to bash Obama in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review..you know that screwy little read daily in Pennsylvania.

And who owns said paper? Why none other than right wing conspiracist Sciafe.

Hillary truly is a political whore.

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/03/31/tomo/

As for McCain it should be interesting when the media finally gets off this Clinton nonsense (she lost guys get over it) and concentrates on the doddering McCain, who doesn't seem capable of a coherent thought be it the economy or Shias and Sunnis. In that respect he just might be the heir to the Ray-gun legacy.

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review is a "screwy little paper" but you decide to link to a Salon.com comic? Delicious irony, that.

That would be "screwy little read daily". Love how you always manage to mangle my quotes.

Cross Chuck Heston off the short list for McCain's VP choice. Shame, he seemed like he had a little more on the ball than Johnny.