Do the Bills have a chance?

I'm trying to get excited for next years season but what shot do we really have? You have to first get by the 18 and 1 NE freakin Patriots, nuff said. Then there are the Jets and Fish. Jets don't scare me too much, although they have made some big moves. The Dolphins have the big TUNA now and will be considerably better very soon. What direction are we heading? Our smartest football guy retired last year, good bye Marv, We'll miss you. I like our running game, Edwards showed signs of hope. Our defense needs a shot in the arm and maybe we can go 8 and 8. What do you guys think? Do we have any chance of making the playoffs?

Technically, it IS possible to make the playoffs in the NFL without getting past the Patriots. Though admittedly, it's tougher if we can't win either of those games.

As far as the Jets go, they've made some moves that excite people in February without exciting them in December. Lots of older players to come in and learn a new system as their bodies start to turn, all without addressing their most pressing need at quarterback.

Miami, well, yes, they do have Bill Parcells, but while the Tuna is talented, he's not magic. He's also relatively hands off in Miami - he's not their coach, and the Tuna the GM still has a few question marks - bringing in Vinny and Drew in Dallas before getting lucky with Tony Romo, etc. In any case, that was a terrible team last year; they've got a long way to go before they scare me.

8-8 would be a disappointment this year - the team is improving from a youthful, injury plagued season and STILL got to 7-9.

Welcome to the Stadium Wall.

I'm trying to get excited for next years season but what shot do we really have? You have to first get by the 18 and 1 NE freakin Patriots, nuff said. Then there are the Jets and Fish. Jets don't scare me too much, although they have made some big moves. The Dolphins have the big TUNA now and will be considerably better very soon. What direction are we heading? Our smartest football guy retired last year, good bye Marv, We'll miss you. I like our running game, Edwards shower signs of hope. Our defense needs a shot in the arm and maybe we can go 8 and 8. What do you guys think? Do we have any chance of making the playoffs?

I see that this is your first post, welcome aboard but don't get too discouraged just yet. I do agree though that the Patriots are a big obstacle to overcome and that the Jets had a huge free agency but we should still be able to be competitive in our division. I don't like that the Dolphins landed up with Wilford though. That's a step back for us and a step forward for them. They also have a great staff assembled and picked up some key aquisitions in G Justin Smiley, STer Tab Perry, DT Jason Ferguson and the big one to me, DT Randy Starks. I feel that this division is going to be alot tougher than what people are realizing though.

It's possible. Hey, we have a better shot at taking the division this year now that Samuel and Gay are out of the picture. Evans should have big games.

I'll be the last one to pile on Losman, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how Edwards deals with New England's defense this year. It seems like Losman always lays an egg against them and that's something I'm really not going to miss seeing this season.

The jets dont have a QB or RB, or much of anything. If the jets get any better, it wont last long, and wont be enough to get to .500.

The fins do have the tuna, but still lack tallent at many positions. They wont be any good for at least 3-4 years.

The bills will probubly come in 2nd in our division again, but may have a shot at a wildcard game.

The pats are the pats, and unless some hero steps up and breaks Brady in half, then they will probubly win 12+ games next year.

The jets dont have a QB or RB, or much of anything. If the jets get any better, it wont last long, and wont be enough to get to .500.

The fins do have the tuna, but still lack tallent at many positions. They wont be any good for at least 3-4 years.

The bills will probubly come in 2nd in our division again, but may have a shot at a wildcard game.

The pats are the pats, and unless some hero steps up and breaks Brady in half, then they will probubly win 12+ games next year.

3 or 4 years? This isn't Tom Donahoe, this is Bill Parcells.

The hated Fins will be competing with us sooner than later unfortunately.

I'm trying to get excited for next years season but what shot do we really have? You have to first get by the 18 and 1 NE freakin Patriots, nuff said. Then there are the Jets and Fish. Jets don't scare me too much, although they have made some big moves. The Dolphins have the big TUNA now and will be considerably better very soon. What direction are we heading? Our smartest football guy retired last year, good bye Marv, We'll miss you. I like our running game, Edwards showed signs of hope. Our defense needs a shot in the arm and maybe we can go 8 and 8. What do you guys think? Do we have any chance of making the playoffs?

The Big Tuna? I can see his ego causing MAJOR issues on that team. He's supposed to be more of a consultant but I can't help but feel he's gonna get in the way of his coaches at some point. And Miami is STILL woefully short on talent. Not worried about them at all this year.

As for the Jets, I gotta like the moves they've made as well. But it's one thing to acquire high-priced FA talent and quite another to infuse it as we've seen time and time again. And it's worse when it's magnified by the NY City spotlight. Plus they have QB issues.

We have little chance of challenging NE this year unless we can find a way to put consistent pressure on Brady. If we do what needs to be done to achieve that against a team like NE, then I can see us doing that to other teams as well which means we have the makings of a contending defense at least.

So far, I like what we've done on the front seven to improve our chances of mitigating NE's strength on offense. We still need more DL help in the form of a 2nd speed rushing DE to give us a solid rotation.

As for the offense, I'm afraid it looks like we're STILL a year away.

But a good D will get you through times of little offense better than a good offense getting you through times of little defense.

GO BILLS!!!

I predict the Bills will go 10-6, and will make the playoffs as a Wild Card.

We will beat the Jets & Dolphins each time when we play them this year. But we will still lose twice to the Pats (unless Brady or Moss gets injured).

I feel the AFC East standings will still be the same, but the Jets & Dolphins will have better records.

Am I the only one who thinks that just because the Dolphins have Parcells on their payroll theyre not going to be much better at all...? I'm sorry, no matter what they do with the #1 pick, I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins from them this year and anything other than a home/away sweep of them this year would be a major dissapointment in my eyes. I mean, all they've added of note thus far through FA is Earnest Wilford, Tab Perry, and Randy Starks. If that's getting people even thinking about them being close to a .500 team with the rest of their team from last year, even with a strong draft, I must be crazy. The Jets are more of a 7-9, 8-8 type team to me than the Dolphins, and with their additions I think they could be even better than that but I don't like either of their quarterbacks so that makes me hesitate big time. Finally, the Patriots are going to be more like they were in the 5 years before last season IMO, very solid, but not 15-1. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bills finally steal a game from them this year, and give them some very good competition for the division down to the final weeks. It seems like we can't help but have a very good draft with the amount of picks that we have, as well as how deep the positions are in which we need help (CB, WR, DL for example). It's much too early to make any exact predictions, but I think once the draft is complete and camp rolls around, our chances are going to seem pretty damn good. :blink:

The more I think about it I am looking for a 10-6 season, with a victory in the wild card round! Then, who knows!! Dolphins look like a 4-12 team, Jets maybe 6 or 7 wins. That leaves it to us to unseat the Pats. Do the Bills have a chance? You bet your A$$ we DO! Yah baby, I'm getting all pumped up and its only April!!

3 or 4 years? This isn't Tom Donahoe, this is Bill Parcells.

The hated Fins will be competing with us sooner than later unfortunately.

I agree. I think too many Bills' fans are overlooking the Tuna factor. The guy knows football and the guy knows personnel.