favorite wines

Pete

I work for a wine company, enjoy wine but can't stand wine snobs. If you like a $5 bottle, drink it. If you don't like the $60 bottle, who cares.

If anybody wants some discounts send me a pm and I'll send you the site and codes. Our wines range from $10-$30, and we have $0 shipping.

Thanks for the coupon, my order is on its way!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you consider a wine snob? If I prefer to drink wines priced over $50 am I considered a snob?

no, but if you turn your nose up at something because of the price before you taste it or if you make fun of someone who drinks white zin then you might be...

all hell broke loose last year when the two buck chuck won at the california state fair. The wine snobs refused to believe that it could have possibly beat out more expensive wines and caused a pretty amusing ruckus in the online world.

no, but if you turn your nose up at something because of the price before you taste it or if you make fun of someone who drinks white zin then you might be...

all hell broke loose last year when the two buck chuck won at the california state fair. The wine snobs refused to believe that it could have possibly beat out more expensive wines and caused a pretty amusing ruckus in the online world.

white zin is a joke. There are many great wines under $15. Chilean wines are nice. As are the Bin wines. Spanish Rioja's. Lots others taste great and the price is right. I cannot really taste the subtle complexities that are in great wine. But I can tell when I am drinking very good wine, and I can tell when the wine is not so good

My brothers girlfriend has a fantastic palate and keeps a journal of wine flavors with the wine labels. She has worked at many high end restaurants and last year they sent her out to Napa to learn about wines. She rode quads through the vineyards and got the whole tour. Well she brought me back a fantastic bottle- Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir Famous Gate. That is a nice bottle

http://www.snooth.com/wine/domaine-carnero...amous-gate-2004

I would never turn my nose up at something before I drank it based on the price tag. It has alcohol in it right? :thumbsup:

However I've worked hard at what I know about wine and spent alot of money on it so I think I deserve to make fun of someone who drinks white zin. :lol:

white zin is a joke.
yeah, but a lot of old ladies like it - nothing wrong with that.

I cannot really taste the subtle complexities that are in great wine
I'm in that boat too, Some people have much more sensitive tastes. Though I would put the word "great" in quotes.

I read a great story about fake wines. Some big shots in vegas were buying $8,000 bottles of really old wine. They had one bottle, ordered a second but it didn't taste right so they sent it back. They had the third bottle and loved it.

After a bit of investigation by the restaurant it turned out that the 1st and the 3rd bottles were fakes.

A lot of people love Hot Pockets and Spam. That does not make it quality. To each their own. In Europe a lot of the younger people like to mix coke with red wine. As Kerouac said-great things are not accomplished by those that yield to fads and popular opinion.

A lot of people love Hot Pockets and Spam. That does not make it quality. To each their own. In Europe a lot of the younger people like to mix coke with red wine. As Kerouac said-great things are not accomplished by those that yield to fads and popular opinion.

ooooo spam hot pockets...now there is an idea

I'm in that boat too, Some people have much more sensitive tastes. Though I would put the word "great" in quotes.

I read a great story about fake wines. Some big shots in vegas were buying $8,000 bottles of really old wine. They had one bottle, ordered a second but it didn't taste right so they sent it back. They had the third bottle and loved it.

After a bit of investigation by the restaurant it turned out that the 1st and the 3rd bottles were fakes.

So some "big shots" were ordering $8,000 bottles of wine and the restaurant sent out fakes? Nice restaurant. :thumbsup:

You've been dying for a chance to use that one haven't you...

I love quotes and I am quite familiar with Mark Twain, Gandhi, and Jack Kerouac quotes, amongst others. I would of added quotes all day to that quote thread last week but I dropped two that no one knew and I let the thread die

www.bumwine.com

The reviews for Cisco, MD 20/20 and WIR are must-reads. I have no comment beyond that, because they help pay my bills...

:thumbsup: In college I tried Wild Irish Rose and MD 20/20. At .99 a bottle it fit in my college budget. My tastes quickly got more refined. Guns and Roses wrote a song all about Night train

So some "big shots" were ordering $8,000 bottles of wine and the restaurant sent out fakes? Nice restaurant.

that's the thing - the restaurant didn't know they were fakes. When someone is willing to spend $8,000 on an old rothschild , someone is willing to spend the time faking some bottles / re-using bottles and recorking them. They make it into the wine auctions and the restaurants pick them up.

I love the bumwine site. A few of those wines are made in the finger lakes....

that's the thing - the restaurant didn't know they were fakes. When someone is willing to spend $8,000 on an old rothschild , someone is willing to spend the time faking some bottles / re-using bottles and recorking them. They make it into the wine auctions and the restaurants pick them up.

I love the bumwine site. A few of those wines are made in the finger lakes....

Indeed they are. Upon further review, though, that site is outdated. Canandaigua Wine -- home of Cisco, Rose, and Arbor Mist, among others -- changed their name to Centerra a couple of years ago.

if you feel that price dictates the quality of the wine, ie, a $50.00 wine MUST be better than a >$10.00 wine then yes you are a wine snob

What do you consider a wine snob? If I prefer to drink wines priced over $50 am I considered a snob?

you never deserve to make fun of someone because of their personal subjective preference

I would never turn my nose up at something before I drank it based on the price tag. It has alcohol in it right? :thumbsup:

However I've worked hard at what I know about wine and spent alot of money on it so I think I deserve to make fun of someone who drinks white zin. :lol: