Fitna

You are so right. I mean, I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but what can we really learn from them? People's experiences 2000 years ago are totally irrelevant today. Anything they wrote has to be totally mute by now.

All you have to do to prove this is look at today's old people. They constantly say stuff like "when I was young we didn't have Playstation" or "I had to walk 3 miles to school". Big deal grampa, those days are over. What can I learn by hearing about their antiquated forms of recreation or transportation? :thumbsup::lol::P

As far as what they're doing today, I think I'll take my chances of learning how to empty a compostory bag by the time I need one. I really don't need to see that at my age. :lol::sick:

To go back 2000 years and expect to learn anything of value is even more ridiculous. The people today are so much smarter than those people who lived back then it is not even close.

Crayonz, you are the man! At least I think you're a man?! I mean you're not Nozzlenut's alter ego or anything, are you? :lol:

There's nothing new under the sun...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't expect you to add anything of substance to this thread.

Then again, have you ever to any thread?

Not adding anything of substance to a thread and posting something just to get a rise out of people are two different things.

Not adding anything of substance to a thread and posting something just to get a rise out of people are two different things.

Your contribution to this is certainly nothing out of the ordinary for you.

A complete thought? Negative

That you were able to string 23 words together.......priceless!

Your contribution to this is certainly nothing out of the ordinary for you.

A complete thought? Negative

That you were able to string 23 words together.......priceless!

So enough of the personal attacks. Let's get this train back on track. What did you think of the film? What did you think of that 3 year old girl who said "Jews are pigs. Allah says so."

So enough of the personal attacks. Let's get this train back on track. What did you think of the film? What did you think of that 3 year old girl who said "Jews are pigs. Allah says so."

But personal attacks are sooooo easy.

Some loving quotes from The Bible.

Please place horrific images in between each one that resulted directly from the acts of Christians.

1. "Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and possess the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

2. Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse. (1 Peter 2:18 NAB)

3. Withhold not chastisement from a boy; if you beat him with a rod he will not die. Beat him with the rod, and you will save him from the nether world.

4. So this is what the LORD Almighty says about them: "I will punish them! Their young men will die in battle, and their little boys and girls will starve. Not one of these plotters from Anathoth will survive, for I will bring disaster upon them when their time of punishment comes." (Jeremiah 11:22-23 NLT)

5. ."Happy are those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB

6. "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." Deuteronomy 22:28-29

7. "As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. But these instructions apply only to distant towns, not to the towns of nations nearby. "As for the towns of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as a special possession, destroy every living thing in them. You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the LORD your God has commanded you. This will keep the people of the land from teaching you their detestable customs in the worship of their gods, which would cause you to sin deeply against the LORD your God." Deuteronomy 20:10-18 NLT

No where in the Peter passage does it contain the word "SLAVE"

Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward

If you’re going to hate a religion get it right! Maybe you should re-direct your hatred to Judaism because you quoted only one verse from the New Testament which is solely a Christian text and you have botched its meaning. Servant and master have nothing to do with the modern concept of slavery. The master is God and the servants are the worshipers. “the servants of God”, “Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God (the master). Honour the king.”(1 Peter 2:17

I am pretty sure he is saying that people who call themselves Christians have committed some terrible crimes. Hitler said he was a Christian.

This video makes the mistake of lumping all Muslims in with the psycho ones. Just like someone could easily link all Christians to the psycho ones.

You have to admit the radical muslims are the only one being heard today. So it is kind of hard to not lump all muslims together when you never see any muslims denouncing the killings being done in the name of allah.

Beside's, he couldn't show 1 single video of a Christian cutting off someones head in the name of GOD. Just show me ONE video. Just one, then I will admit Christianity is as evil as muslims. Don't tell me about what was writen in the Bible thousands of years ago as your proof that Christianity is just as bad. Show me something in our lifetime.

No where in the Peter passage does it contain the word "SLAVE"

If you’re going to hate a religion get it right! Maybe you should re-direct your hatred to Judaism because you quoted only one verse from the New Testament which is solely a Christian text and you have botched its meaning. Servant and master have nothing to do with the modern concept of slavery. The master is God and the servants are the worshipers. “the servants of God”, “Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God (the master). Honour the king.”(1 Peter 2:17

I don't hate my religion.

I am only keenly aware that one could easily take passages from The Bible (of which of course there are many translations)

and by translating them literally, use them as propaganda against us to spread hate, fear and misunderstanding.

Show me something in our lifetime.

Thing is, we in the West have such short memories while much of the Islamic world talks and acts as if 600AD was yesterday. Just sayin'. They have a much different mindset and concept of time re: abuses/atrocities.

I will say that the "Behead those who say Islam is violent!" signs are really Monty Python-worthy.

I don't hate my religion.

I am only keenly aware that one could easily take passages from The Bible (of which of course there are many translations)

and by translating them literally, use them as propaganda against us to spread hate, fear and misunderstanding.

You're absolutely correct. You could probably take some passages from Alice in Wonderland and use them as propaganda to spread hate....however no one is doing that either. Show us a video of someone cutting someone's head off and exclaiming Jesus is great and you're point will be valid. Otherwise......

You're absolutely correct. You could probably take some passages from Alice in Wonderland and use them as propaganda to spread hate....however no one is doing that either. Show us a video of someone cutting someone's head off and exclaiming Jesus is great and you're point will be valid. Otherwise......

They didn't have video cameras back in the middle ages.

And, in the US, Christian terrorism today doesn't rely on cutting off heads, but rather on the use of newer technology, like when Army of God uses bombs, or anthrax, or guns, or when Timothy McVeigh did the Oklahoma City bombing and identified himself as a member of the Christian Patriots.

Of course, groups like the Lord's Resistance Army still do the type of thing you are talking about.

There is even known jewish terrorism.

It shouldn't be a surprise that this exists.

They didn't have video cameras back in the middle ages.

And, in the US, Christian terrorism today doesn't rely on cutting off heads, but rather on the use of newer technology, like when Army of God uses bombs, or anthrax, or guns, or when Timothy McVeigh did the Oklahoma City bombing and identified himself as a member of the Christian Patriots.

Of course, groups like the Lord's Resistance Army still do the type of thing you are talking about.

There is even known jewish terrorism.

It shouldn't be a surprise that this exists.

Let's also not forget the illustrious Paul Hill, once a Presbyterian minister. Or any of the other anti-abortion terrorists who have killed in the name of Jesus since the 70s.

If having it recorded on videotape is the important qualifier I don't know what to say.

I guess it just doesn't exist otherwise.

Let's also not forget the illustrious Paul Hill, once a Presbyterian minister. Or any of the other anti-abortion terrorists who have killed in the name of Jesus since the 70s.

If having it recorded on videotape is the important qualifier I don't know what to say.

I guess it just doesn't exist otherwise.

I don't know about Paul Hill. But a lot of these anti-abortion people take these actions on upon themselves. It's not being preached from the pulpit. Trust me, I'm not defending Christianity, I'm an equal opportunity religion hater. I just feel that there are more extremist in Islam than anyother religion.

Funny I thought this thread was about the movie Fitna, not an attack against Christianity. The extremist Muslim propaganda is working

Funny, I didn't know I was attacking Christianity, but pointing out that it is in the way that you use religion that is what matters.

I don't know about Paul Hill. But a lot of these anti-abortion people take these actions on upon themselves. It's not being preached from the pulpit. Trust me, I'm not defending Christianity, I'm an equal opportunity religion hater. I just feel that there are more extremist in Islam than anyother religion.

Which is a result of the religion itself, or are there other factors involved?

If your head is rolling on the floor, you probably won't have time to analyze the factors involved.

:D

:blink:

I think I read somewhere that there are approximately 2 Billion Muslims in the world. Out of that number, approximately 1-3% of them would fall into the extremist category.

Not too many, eh?

Funny, I didn't know I was attacking Christianity, but pointing out that it is in the way that you use religion that is what matters.

and what does that have to do with Fitna? I agree that all religions have zealots. I agree that every religion, country, race, etc has periods that they should be ashamed of. But what about the film?