Gas Prices

Hawk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2X every 3 months?

Thats great but do you leave your house? What do you drive (hybrid?). Share your secrets damn it.

I cant complain tough as I am only spending about 250.00 per month in 2 vehicles. Minivan and SUV!

I drive a Prius, and my daily commute's about six miles, and I can't think of anywhere else I need or want to go that's more than five miles away. And I can't recall the last time I put more than eight gallons in it...so I average about $20/month on gas. Last month (Feb 4th), I drove from DC to Buffalo...cost me about $40 in gas, I think. Since that trip, I've filled the tank once - last Friday. Six weeks of driving, cost me $26 and change to fill, as I recall.

We have a gas-guzzling pickup truck (I haul plywood frequently enough that it make sense), but my wife takes the subway to work, so we drive it maybe two or three times a week, locally. We total maybe forty or fifty a month on gas, on average.

I commute back and forth to Rochester every day. I use about a 1/2 tank a day. (140 miles round trip) I have an older vehicle, but it's in top running order. (Son's a Mechanic). The price I pay a week is starting to back me up on other bills. I may have a chance to return to the buffalo office, but until then, OUCH!! <_< <_<

What are these "gas prices" that you speak of? I drive a Prius ...... SUCKAFOOLS! <_<:blink::lol:

You'd have to save approximately $4000-$7000 to make up the price difference over the Corolla.

Perhaps, but since I paid cash in full, 3 years ago, all I'm concerned with (well ... not really) is gas price. It's very much like that commercial, where the driver forgets which side his tank is on. <_<

Not quite true. When I went to Iraq, we had to go to Kuwait for some financial stuff first. We rented a car and were paying 24 cents a litre. You do the math, it's not very much..... :)

Even less in Venezuela. I think he meant highly developed countries oil dependant.

Didn't buy it on economics, I bought it because I liked it.

That's fine with me. No one buys a car on economics, otherwise we'd all be buying 1998 Accords or something. People will pay for more luxury, more technology, more for style, more for fuel efficiency, etc.

You guys have it good compared to Melbourne prices.

$1.40(average) per liter.

That works out to be $4.80(US dollars) per gallon. :)

Us guys have it good compared to a lot of places in a lot of ways. But people still find reasons to B word.

6 Dollars.....where the hell are you shopping?

A big jar of Hellmann's is expensive... Between 4 an 6 bucks!

I never figured that out... It has always been that high!

Just think... You get bang for your buck... Eat the whole jar :angry::sick: and you have something like 12,000 calories for that money!

:):nana: