Crazy Idea for the upcoming season

JoeF

So if you were coach for a day--what crazy personnel use idea would you implement for the 2008 Bills season...here's mine...

Let me first preface this by saying that I thought I viewed in Fred Jackson the ability to make some plays last year on offense--he has good vision, decent field speed and a certain elusiveness.

There is little doubt that the Bills will draft what they hope will become a #2 receiver in one of the first 3 picks in the draft. There is also a lot of history showing that rookie receivers take time to adjust to the precision and speed of the pro game. Marques Colston is the best example of a size receiver who blossomed early. The story is even more amazing when you consider that he came from Hofstra.

So here's my crazy idea...on certain third downs and in goal line situations -- how about using Fred Jackson wide in the first part of the season while the rook gets their feet wet. I know Fred is a key third down substitute and this would be an added load on Marshawn but my guess is this is only a solution that will be needed until the bye week or so. Jackson is 6'1" 215-strong and good leaping ability...He needs to be on the field more and in different situations..after Lee, Roscoe and Marshawn, Fred is probably our greatest potential playmaker yet gets less snaps than even Roscoe...

So if you were coach for a day--what crazy personnel use idea would you implement for the 2008 Bills season...here's mine...

Let me first preface this by saying that I thought I viewed in Fred Jackson the ability to make some plays last year on offense--he has good vision, decent field speed and a certain elusiveness.

There is little doubt that the Bills will draft what they hope will become a #2 receiver in one of the first 3 picks in the draft. There is also a lot of history showing that rookie receivers take time to adjust to the precision and speed of the pro game. Marques Colston is the best example of a size receiver who blossomed early. The story is even more amazing when you consider that he came from Hofstra.

So here's my crazy idea...on certain third downs and in goal line situations -- how about using Fred Jackson wide in the first part of the season while the rook gets their feet wet. I know Fred is a key third down substitute and this would be an added load on Marshawn but my guess is this is only a solution that will be needed until the bye week or so. Jackson is 6'1" 215-strong and good leaping ability...He needs to be on the field more and in different situations..after Lee, Roscoe and Marshawn, Fred is probably our greatest potential playmaker yet gets less snaps than even Roscoe...

how about we use the WRs that we have but have them run patterns out of an NFL designed offense.

some slants, crossing patterns, seam patterns, etc

how about we use the WRs that we have but have them run patterns out of an NFL designed offense.

some slants, crossing patterns, seam patterns, etc

and get open???? really??? That is crazy...

Trent Edwards as the starting QB with expectations that he can carry a team to the playoffs deploying an offensive approach that Dick Jauron supports. That's a crazy idea, but one that is likely to be attempted.

LOL.

That's not crazy, that's insane. Wait...., um...

Edwards and Losman each play a half a game, kind of like Warner and Leinart before Leinart's injury.

Kind of like thunder and lightning?

But more like drizzle and sprinkle!

Instead of kicking a football, teams must know toss a midget through the goal post to earn an extra point.

The midget must be drunk and be painted in Bills colors.

:lol: Do not forget the 7'7" dude that blocks kicks!

Heck, how about hitting Roscoe with a quick slant pass? How about hitting any of our small quick WR's with a quick slant where they can use their speed? How about 5-10 screen passes to Lynch a game? How about passing on first down? Mainly, I think it would be crazy but it sure would be worth a try to run an offense that maybe surprised the opposing teams defense.