Now that it's pretty thin for FA wide receivers, I wouldn't

It doesn't make sense for the Bills just to draft a wide receiver and there isn't a worthy one that's a FA. I expect the Bills to make a trade for one, even if it's just a modest trade. I scanned abit on who could be a good fit and I came across Pittsburgh's WR Nate Washington. As it stands right now he's been tendered for a 2009 2nd rder. I wouldn't be too apprehensive about compensating the Steelers if the Bills' braintrust deemed it valid but I think more so that maybe a possible player and a later rd pick just might get this done. It's purely speculation but if anyone else agrees that the Bills will make a move for a wide receiver before the draft then I'd be curious on who you might be a possibility in a trade. The only other scenario of obtaining a receiver other than the draft would be if someone has either a abundance of receivers that have to get trimmed or have salary cap issues and can't keep their current roster intact. Thoughts?

I think that now the Bryant Johnson soap opera has run its course, the Bills will be in the draft market for the WR of their dreams! I doubt they will take the tact of trading for a #2 WR when the draft is replete with them. I do think that they will be very careful to select a guy who they think can make an outstanding impact, so as to help the offense in the execution of gaining first downs and TD's. It isn't out of the question that they take the absolute best at this position, because the chance that Lee Evans may be a tough signing, so he can assume the #1 WR post!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10707761

John Wawrow from the AP writes this stuff, and he's very close with the organization. He's also quite reliable. The Bills, in all likelihood, will take a WR at the #11 slot. I'm not a betting man, but this would seem like a pretty safe one.

I hope not. At #11 you need to go defense. I know they have spent some money there this offseason. They need to reinforce at corner and need depth at D-Line.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10707761

John Wawrow from the AP writes this stuff, and he's very close with the organization. He's also quite reliable. The Bills, in all likelihood, will take a WR at the #11 slot. I'm not a betting man, but this would seem like a pretty safe one.

I know it's still early...But IF I was a betting Man (I'm not...) I'd bet the farm it's going to be Devin Thomas at #11 Overall to The Bills...Too much talk about Thomas, and a WR at #11 to ignore now... :thumbsup:

Don't forget Kelley Washington is still out there; last year about this time there was a lot of promotion to bring this guy in before the Pats snatched him up. He might be a good and cheap stop gap until we get a draft pick up to speed!

I think the Bills will draft a cb in the first round (hearing the collective groans as I type this). The Bills are already talking about getting some competition for Greer. Thomas was waived and Webster was not re-signed. We need a third corner, particurarly since Youboty does not seem to have the confidence of the coaching staff (plus third corners play a lot).

The draft seems fairly deep at wr and some are suggesting that there is not a wr who has the value associated with the #11 overall pick.

CB first round, wr second round.

Sorry.

Rookie WRs don't usually contribute that much, so I am having a hard time understanding why drafting a WR is so much more preferable.

That's a fallacy. How'd Lee Evans do in his first year? With the amount of turnover of rosters and the disparity of actual "good" teams in this league it is far easier to make an impact than it was a decade or so ago. Look at what Bowe, Boldin, Roy Williams did in their first year. The Bills offense has a hole the size of Lake Erie at that #2 receiver position. It's why Lee Evans had such a bad season, it's why Marshawn had little room to run, it's why the Bills scored the least amount of TDs in their history. What don't you understand? If the Bills select anyone other than Kelly or Sweed it will be because they outhought themselves and got cute. Considering how well they drafted last year and their renewed sense of smarts this offseason, fully expect them to make the right move and pick a nice tall WR with skills with that first pick. Kelly or Sweed will start and more than likely have success right off the bat like Mr. Lynch did. What Bills fans should really worry about is Kelly or Sweed's stock rising before the draft to the point where there's a question whether they'd be able to draft either one at 11. If Kelly runs a 4.35 we're screwed.

The draft seems fairly deep at wr and some are suggesting that there is not a wr who has the value associated with the #11 overall pick.

Sorry.

Please tell me what CB is "worthy" of #11 who has a much better chance of NFL success than Kelly or Sweed. I'm starting to hear this line of thinking here repeatedly and it's absolute BS. We have our starting CBs, the Bills would be complete jackasses if they don't go WR first.

That's a fallacy. How'd Lee Evans do in his first year? With the amount of turnover of rosters and the disparity of actual "good" teams in this league it is far easier to make an impact than it was a decade or so ago. Look at what Bowe, Boldin, Roy Williams did in their first year. The Bills offense has a hole the size of Lake Erie at that #2 receiver position. It's why Lee Evans had such a bad season, it's why Marshawn had little room to run, it's why the Bills scored the least amount of TDs in their history. What don't you understand? If the Bills select anyone other than Kelly or Sweed it will be because they outhought themselves and got cute. Considering how well they drafted last year and their renewed sense of smarts this offseason, fully expect them to make the right move and pick a nice tall WR with skills with that first pick. Kelly or Sweed will start and more than likely have success right off the bat like Mr. Lynch did. What Bills fans should really worry about is Kelly or Sweed's stock rising before the draft to the point where there's a question whether they'd be able to draft either one at 11. If Kelly runs a 4.35 we're screwed.

I agree for the most part. I would add that the "it takes 3 years to develop" rule of thumb constantly rolled out on this board probably applies more to a receiver stepping up to becoming a #1 than being able to contribute as a #2 or in the slot because of the extra skills involved in taking on constant double teams at the NFL level.

Please tell me what CB is "worthy" of #11 who has a much better chance of NFL success than Kelly or Sweed. I'm starting to hear this line of thinking here repeatedly and it's absolute BS. We have our starting CBs, the Bills would be complete jackasses if they don't go WR first.

Leodis Mckelvin if he's there...Mike Jenkins looks good too...

Also taking a CB isn't BS since it would allow us to hybridize our coverages giving us better opportunities to blitz effectively. I am starting to suspect that if we can't move down we will take a CB at #11.... then a WR in the 2nd and a TE in the third....

Leodis Mckelvin if he's there...Mike Jenkins looks good too...

Also taking a CB isn't BS since it would allow us to hybridize our coverages giving us better opportunities to blitz effectively. I am starting to suspect that if we can't move down we will take a CB at #11.... then a WR in the 2nd and a TE in the third....

...and Edwards, Evans and Marshawn will continue to sputter in a downward spiral. Did you not see our pathetic offense last season? They took Marshawn in the first last year because that was their greatest need, they will take WR in the first this year because that is their greatest need. I can't believe there are Bills fans that want them to pick CB in the first round. It was painful watching our team try to score touchdowns last year. CB???? I seriously can't take it anymore.

I like both Sweed & Kelly (in that order) the point is the draft is HEAVY @ WR, not so sure about CB. IF there is a QUALITY DT or DE available in the 1st, I would hope the Bills would take that position 1st. I have liked the Bills draft the last couple years so I will go with who they select. :thumbsup:

I think the Bills will draft a cb in the first round (hearing the collective groans as I type this). The Bills are already talking about getting some competition for Greer. Thomas was waived and Webster was not re-signed. We need a third corner, particurarly since Youboty does not seem to have the confidence of the coaching staff (plus third corners play a lot).

Sorry.

You may be right about a CB in the 1st. The Bills may have gotten rid of Thomas & Webster because they have confidence in Youboty, that would not preclude them from drafting another CB.