We are going to do all we can do to trade down

Pete

I dont think anyone knows until the team is on the clock. It all depends on who is still on the board, and what and how many teams want said individual. The team doesnt have a magic wand that automatically trades down.(maybe on easy button should be installed into the war room) I am sure if the right offer comes in and the Bills like it they will take it, if they dont I am sure they have reasons. At this point I would think only the top three teams in the draft are getting offers from teams that are absolutley in love with couple of guys.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like for us to trade down and grab a WR and also secure TE Fred Davis.

I'm hoping that we are in a prime spot at #11, so that if someone manages to fall out of the top ten, like McFadden, or a QB, that someone will be ready to jump up for our pick and make the move.

Personally, I'd like for us to trade down and grab a WR and also secure TE Fred Davis.

I'm hoping that we are in a prime spot at #11, so that if someone manages to fall out of the top ten, like McFadden, or a QB, that someone will be ready to jump up for our pick and make the move.

exactly. Trade down and get Davis is what I am thinking. Then take your pick of the leftoveer WRs. Maybe Mario. Maybe Sweed. Or wait until the third and draft Bowman. Bowman and Davis could be exactly what our offense needs. Then we can load up on defense with the additional picks

I dont think anyone knows until the team is on the clock. It all depends on who is still on the board, and what and how many teams want said individual. The team doesnt have a magic wand that automatically trades down.(maybe on easy button should be installed into the war room) I am sure if the right offer comes in and the Bills like it they will take it, if they dont I am sure they have reasons. At this point I would think only the top three teams in the draft are getting offers from teams that are absolutley in love with couple of guys.
It is now more difficult to trade down from #1 than from #11. This is because the value of the #1 according to the chart is so high, & the rookie contract for the #1 is so much $$$ the team drafting #1 has to hit a home run with the pick.

Very good point, and I agree. Basically, you have to have knowledge of the Bills draft board in order to predict whether the Bills are trying to trade down or not. Only Chris Brown or someone like him who has sources can really make that prediction. I'm not trying to give Pete a hard time or anything. I just don't want people to assume that the Bills are doing one thing and then be disappointed when they do something else.

Hmmm. Seems like you were giving him a hard time. OF COURSE he doesn't know they'll trade down. OF COURSE he doesn't know Kelly will slip past twelve. He's merely making educated guesses. :thumbsup::lol:

And as far as the rest of being disappointed "when they do something else"? Leave it to the masses to handle the emotional shock, ok?

'preciate your concern for everyone here on the board, though. :thumbsup:

P. S. Pete, I happen to agree with you. But I won't hold a gun to your head if you're wrong.

I agree. Even though I want to take Kelly at #11, I have this funny feeling he's going to slip into the 20s. If that's the case I say we rob Dallas of both their 1st round picks.

The #11 pick is not worth two other first round picks and the only way that Kelly slips into the 20's is if he fails to run again at his pro-day.

The trade down scenario is @ best a situational decision @ that time. It appears to me as though the WR talent is fairly close for the top 5 or so & therefore depends on what's left @ #11. Don't forget the "draft the best talent available" option. Things change quickly after the top 10 picks. Who's below us in Rd#1 & what do they need? W/ That said I really agree we should trade down if plausible. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmmm. Seems like you were giving him a hard time. OF COURSE he doesn't know they'll trade down. OF COURSE he doesn't know Kelly will slip past twelve. He's merely making educated guesses. :thumbsup::lol:

And as far as the rest of being disappointed "when they do something else"? Leave it to the masses to handle the emotional shock, ok?

'preciate your concern for everyone here on the board, though. :thumbsup:

P. S. Pete, I happen to agree with you. But I won't hold a gun to your head if you're wrong.

Who's holding a gun to Pete's head? I was polite and used logic and facts. Pete said he was certain and I wanted to understand why. Although I appreciate your concern for poor little Pete, I don't think he really needs your help. Unlike you, I don't think he's a retard waiting for a superhero like you to save him.

Quite frankly, I gave your mom a harder time than Pete. If you know what I mean. Hard as in my manjunk.

I hope we trade down but what player is going to be there at 11 that teams are going to be going crazy over, that didnt trade up with say cinci to get Ellis, dorsey, mcfadden? With the amount of picks the bills have i say it is far more likely we will trade up in later rounds to grap a guy then trade down in the first.

Who's holding a gun to Pete's head? I was polite and used logic and facts. Pete said he was certain and I wanted to understand why. Although I appreciate your concern for poor little Pete, I don't think he really needs your help. Unlike you, I don't think he's a retard waiting for a superhero like you to save him.

Quite frankly, I gave your mom a harder time than Pete. If you know what I mean. Hard as in my manjunk.

Nice, Ozy. You're a real class act. BTW, I wasn't protecting Pete, merely pointing out the way you took him LITERALLY.

Mother jokes?!?!?! Hey Oz, I didn't know comedy was a prerequisite to getting your GED. Nice job, LOSER!!

It is now more difficult to trade down from #1 than from #11. This is because the value of the #1 according to the chart is so high, & the rookie contract for the #1 is so much $$$ the team drafting #1 has to hit a home run with the pick.

While you make a valid point on the financial issues, no one is going to trade with us unless the are blown away by 11 players. At this point they have no way of knowing who will be around at 11. They dont know who will jump ahead of 11 and who would fall to them if they stay where they are. The only top picks that would be traded right know will be for players already playing in the NFL in order for the other team to stock pile picks. Or a 1-3 overall because you are positive you will get a player you covet. At this point no one is saying I want the 11th overall choice because McFadden might be there. The Bills will not get offers to trade down till atleast th 8th overall pick.

How do you know Kelly will last past pick 12, much less to pick 22?

Two years ago, the Bills just went ahead and selected Whitner at #8 instead of trading down and "taking a chance that he'll still be there later." A lot of people supported that decision (were you one of them?) because it wasn't worth "taking a chance."

So if the Bills are in the same position this year whereby they've set their sights on a player (Whitner in '06, Kelly in '08), why would they trade down now? Why are you so confident the Bills want to trade down?

Why are we locked in on Kelly, I don't see a great difference bwt him and a few other 1st rounders. Not a knock on him but I think Sweed will be just as good!