Best food in Saskatoon?

JoeFerguson

I'm heading to Saskatoon for a conference and I'm wondering where I should eat.

The Ruby, apparently they have a decent soup of the Day, and some good chilli cheese dogs, Its a little outside of Saskatoon, but worth the small drive. its located on a corner attached to a gas station. The owner is not to bad to look at either, not hot, hot, but nice looking

The Ruby, apparently they have a decent soup of the Day, and some good chilli cheese dogs, Its a little outside of Saskatoon, but worth the small drive. its located on a corner attached to a gas station. The owner is not to bad to look at either, not hot, hot, but nice looking

Corner Gas?

Ok, here is a true story about Saskatoon:

Back in 1999 or 2000, a kid I knew from my home town met a girl from Saskatoon on the internet. At the time he was only 16 and she was 15. A few months of internet love transpired, and the kid I knew decided that he was in love. On the last day of school he told his parents he was going to sleep over at a friend's house. With $200 in cash and his parents car, he drove from Moutain Top, PA to Saskatoon. The border patrol let him in to Canada without a hitch. He meets up with his Saskatoonian girl and bones her a few times. Then he tries to drive her back to Mountain Top. When he gets to the border he is detained (the mother called and said her daughter was kidnapped). They threaten him with kidnapping charges but in the end just tell him to drive back home because he is a minor. Upon returning he has one doozy of a story to tell all his friends, not to mention the major fallout and punishment from his parents.

Flash forward a few months later: He convinces his parents and her parents that it's a good idea for this girl to fly to visit him for Christmas. This is the moment we've all been waiting for, we get to meet the girl that was worth a drive to Saskatoon. As it turns out this girl was not very attractive to say the least. On top of that she had a terrible personality. Not worth a 10 mile drive, and this poor kid wasted a 2000 mile drive on her. I'm pretty sure these days this kid is a high school teacher.

Ask Burton or Randy:

Seriously, though, I'm guessing you find some killer bars and (basic) restaurants in Saskatoon. Dunno why, but my gut tells me that's eating and drinking country.