Jin is not a survivor. Sun is.

Yeah...my bad...I made the edit. The Six are:

Hurley

Jack

Kate

Sayid

Sun

Aaron

Some people dispute that Aaron should be counted. He was on the plane, and survived. That's that. Just because he's a baby doesn't disqualify him. Plus it raises the question of what became of Claire.

Guys, I'm fairly certain Jin is in fact dead-dead-dead. Not just back on the island.

We're forgetting Jack's testimony during Kate's trial where he recounted the fabricated events of Flight 815. He said 8 survived and 2 died on the island. Meaning, they have bodies for those people ... my money is on Jin being one of those bodies.

Sun and Hurley both looked too broken up about it for him just to be still missing. Aditionally, the episode was riddled with foreshadowing of his death, including his line "I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and the baby." When a character says that you might as well start preparing the toe tag. He's dead.

The Oceanic 6 are:

Sun

Hurley

Kate

Jack

Sayid

Aaron (?)

The only question mark there is Aaron -- and the reason he's a question to me is because Kate is passing him off as her own. Her own mother thinks the kid is blood. So does that mean Kate fabricated that she was pregnant on the plane? I'm not sure how that works ... but I think Aaron is supposed to be part of the 6.

Ben obviously does not count even though we know he survives, nor does Michael since he is using a fake name.

The one other clue we got last night was the time frame for how long before the Oceanic 6 get rescued. Juliette said 3 weeks before Sun gets too sick to survive ... so the Lostaways don't have too much longer on the island. And Jin doesn't have too much longer to live.

You forgot Sun. Now that makes 7 survivors. Why would Aaron count as a survivor?

Unless this is another curve thrown at us by the producers, Aaron counts. Obviously the "Oceanic 6" is a clever term coined by the media for the survivors. Aaron wasn’t on the passenger list but was technically alive on the plane. And all 6 miraculously came out of the crash.

And wasn't there a promo after last week's episode that said "the final member of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed."

Yeah...my bad...I made the edit. The Six are:

Hurley

Jack

Kate

Sayid

Sun

Aaron

Some people dispute that Aaron should be counted. He was on the plane, and survived. That's that. Just because he's a baby doesn't disqualify him. Plus it raises the question of what became of Claire.

The general public are to believe that Kate is Aaron's mother. How do they explain that one? Kate gets on the plane completely unpregnant and then a month later she has a kid???? Then she is rescued with this newborn and nobody is asking how she only had a two month gestation period?

Couple more things to ponder:

Captain's name: Gault

Literary reference: John Galt in the book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Galt is a mystery man who has invented a powerful new source of energy and has vanished off the face of the earth. Turns out he and some other ''captains of industry'' have formed a secret society in Colorado. The town is discovered when a plane crash lands there

Book Regina was reading upside down: Survivors of the Chancellor, by Jules Verne

An 1875 novel of psychological suspense about the castaways of a grounded ship who start killing themselves from madness and despair.

Remember the inscription on Naomi's bracelet? ''N, I'll always be with you, R.G.'' Is R.G. Regina? Did Regina kill herself because of despair over Naomi's death or due to "island sickness?"

The general public are to believe that Kate is Aaron's mother. How do they explain that one? Kate gets on the plane completely unpregnant and then a month later she has a kid???? Then she is rescued with this newborn and nobody is asking how she only had a two month gestation period?

Could Kate have adopted Aaron? I don't believe Claire has any family left, so in theory Kate could have adopted him after they returned.

Guys, I'm fairly certain Jin is in fact dead-dead-dead. Not just back on the island.

We're forgetting Jack's testimony during Kate's trial where he recounted the fabricated events of Flight 815. He said 8 survived and 2 died on the island. Meaning, they have bodies for those people ... my money is on Jin being one of those bodies.

Sun and Hurley both looked too broken up about it for him just to be still missing. Aditionally, the episode was riddled with foreshadowing of his death, including his line "I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and the baby." When a character says that you might as well start preparing the toe tag. He's dead.

I see your point. Jin could be one of the dead...and then Claire could be the second (died during childbirth?).

Hurley didn't seem that broken up though...and I was thinking he was just feeling bad for Sun. He said "Are we going to visit him" almost flippantly...which made me think that there's no Jin in that grave...and that Jin is not dead.

Could Kate have adopted Aaron? I don't believe Claire has any family left, so in theory Kate could have adopted him after they returned.

Certainly she could have ... but what makes me question that was the reaction of Kate's mother. She wanted to see her grandson. I don't think there would be as strong a desire or motivation for her to see her grandson if she didn't believe it to be blood. You know?

I think Kate is literally passing Aaron off as hers.

Would you feel better if I said it was contrived? They are getting too cute for their own good.

I'm with you. I used to love this show, but I'm getting burned out by having to follow so many twists and curveballs. By Thursday night, I'm usually toast from a busy week... so having to follow not only "legitimate" plot twists, but also intentional plot-twist fake-outs like Jin's flashback juxtaposed against Sun's flash-forward... well... I just don't have the energy. I literally let out a sigh of relief last night when the episode was over and I could switch over to the Warriors/Suns game (I'm a Warriors fan) to watch something that didn't require flip-charts and Visio flow-charts to follow.

Then again, watching Matt Barnes and Grant Hill throw up brick after brick didn't exactly make sense either. :lol:

That's been my issue ever since that episode, only explanation I can think of is the time difference between real life and the island but that's way to confusing for me to figure out...

That's been my issue ever since that episode, only explanation I can think of is the time difference between real life and the island but that's way to confusing for me to figure out...

Yeah, but the media is not going to believe a time difference, that would be bigger news than the 6 surviving the plane crash.

Certainly she could have ... but what makes me question that was the reaction of Kate's mother. She wanted to see her grandson. I don't think there would be as strong a desire or motivation for her to see her grandson if she didn't believe it to be blood. You know?

I think Kate is literally passing Aaron off as hers.

You can strike out that "I think," tgreg.

Just to throw this out there... all the stories about women popping out babies they didn't know they were carrying. Or Kate could just say that she was preggers when she was on the run and therefore, on her own, so how could anyone know? No one's really left that can adamantly say or prove she was not pregnant, and the word of the other Oceanic 6 'confirmed' that Aaron was hers so I think it's moot.

And also, now that we know all 6 official survivors... it sheds absolutely no light on who was in the casket during Jack's flash forward.

Right ... but one thing I know is that we will find out who is in the casket this season. Originally Damon hadn't planned on revealing that until season 5, but the break the WGA strike caused allowed them to react to the fans a bit and they are going to bump up their time table for that reveal.

And also, now that we know all 6 official survivors... it sheds absolutely no light on who was in the casket during Jack's flash forward.

I thought about that...pretty much blows my theory that it's Locke.

Pretty sure it's going to wind up being someone we hadn't met by the end of Season 3 (though we might have met them by now).

Tgreg who do you think isd in casket, I think its micheal and always have thought it was him.

Tgreg who do you think isd in casket, I think its micheal and always have thought it was him.

It might be Michael ... but I'm just not convinced it is.

I tend to lean towards it's someone we haven't met yet. As in one of the people who either played a large roll in putting them on the island in the first place or someone who had a roll in killing/detaining the people left behind on the island.

I know that's a cop out answer. But I think if it was any of the people from Oceanic 815, Jack would have identified himself as a friend when the Funeral Home worker asked him. Even Locke or Michael.

Of course, I could be 100 percent wrong.

When they were at Jin's grave, I totally felt like they were missing him rather than grieving for him. Hurley has shown emotion in the past, and the fact that he wasn't emotional at all at the grave signaled to me that Jim was likely alive and still on the island.

Or lost in another time/space/dimension. It is not a question of where the other survivors are, it is a question of when.

Or lost in another time/space/dimension. It is not a question of where the other survivors are, it is a question of when.

sloth, I think your LOST prediction tagline has been ruled out.

When I think about it, I just flash back to that comic book with the glass-dome thing. As if that dome is really some kind of small time bend that occurs b/c of (per the Desmond ep) radiation or magnetic anomaly. Transportation with electrical systems, compasses, etc. on them that pass through the field at any point other than the safe coordinates (i.e. the one Daniel provided Frank) get FUBARed, crash or wash up onshore.

Yeah, but the media is not going to believe a time difference, that would be bigger news than the 6 surviving the plane crash.

That's the idea though. The 3 months on the island may have seemed like 12 months off it. Therefore, the public would think she got pregnant on the island and had the kid within the 12 months they thought she was there.

sloth, I think your LOST prediction tagline has been ruled out.

When I think about it, I just flash back to that comic book with the glass-dome thing. As if that dome is really some kind of small time bend that occurs b/c of (per the Desmond ep) radiation or magnetic anomaly. Transportation with electrical systems, compasses, etc. on them that pass through the field at any point other than the safe coordinates (i.e. the one Daniel provided Frank) get FUBARed, crash or wash up onshore.

I agree that my tagline is ruled out, except I do still feel that the survivors were "chosen" for their past problems for them to resolve in some way.

Reading VALIS has provided some very interesting viewpoints on this season (see my post above). I also posted back in season one (I think) about the materialism v. idealism issue (i.e. Rousseu v. Locke). That is still a very prevalent theme in the show.

To anyone who has the Season 1 dvd. I think the part where Claire goes to the Psychic and he tells her not to let anyone else raise he baby, may have some clue as to why Kate has the baby. I think he had some flashes that made give a clue. Hard to recall.

To anyone who has the Season 1 dvd. I think the part where Claire goes to the Psychic and he tells her not to let anyone else raise he baby, may have some clue as to why Kate has the baby. I think he had some flashes that made give a clue. Hard to recall.

Not really. He told Claire that no one else must be allowed to raise Aaron and that it was her good influence alone that needed to be present, otherwise.... ??

We have been led to believe (by his own admission) that this guy is a fraud and not psychic, but that his daughter --- whose drowning/waking from the dead Eko was sent to investigate --- is. She might have related her visions to her father (she might have done this as part of his business) re: Claire & Aaron. We don't know what transpired that Kate has custody of him... if Claire gave him to her with instructions, if Claire is dead, if another pyschic (Miles) said it would be OK for her son to go with a murderer.... That's for a future chapter to answer.

Who does everyone think dies this week? the promos said someone???????

i dont think claire, i dont think the death will be that big.

i think eather Karl, Farraday, or miles finally gets sick and tired of that gernade in his mouth, Walt is dead or Frank.

Word from another LOST podcast is that after this week's ep (a Michael-centric ep titled "Meet Kevin Johnson," evidently filling us in on what's happened since the dock) the series will be on writer's-strike-induced hiatus until 24 April, and it will return to the 10 p.m. time slot.

Wasn't exactly the plan, but at least we get a full season. :thumbsup:

Who do you think, im thinking Miles

I'm thinking Michael.

Michael centric ep, him actually saying in that episode clip that he is there to die. IMO, they are bringing him back for one episode to wrap up his story.

Word from another LOST podcast is that after this week's ep (a Michael-centric ep titled "Meet Kevin Johnson, evidently filling us in on what's happened since the dock) the series will be on writer's-strike-induced hiatus until 24 April, and it will return to the 10 p.m. time slot.

Wasn't exactly the plan, but at least we get a full season. :devil:

Well, kind of. We're only going to get 5 more episodes after this one, giving us 13 in total. The original plan was 3 seasons of 16 episodes each.

The 3 missing episodes will still be written and shot -- it will just increase the episodes in the last 2 seasons. Will either be 17-18 or 16-19. Not sure which yet.

I'm thinking Michael.

Michael centric ep, him actually saying in that episode clip that he is there to die. IMO, they are bringing him back for one episode to wrap up his story.

I disagree. It's too easy. Plus, he's back as a series regular.

Well there goes that theory.

I am glad though, it would've been dumb to bring him back and kill him off.

Yet how are the writers going to describe Walt being older if he has to reappear? As if you kill off Michael you can kill off having to bring back Walt as he can tell Sayid what transpired after he left the island and use some excuse like I don't want my son to ever have to relive what happened or any connections back to the island etc. I think part of the reason he originally Michael wasn't coming back was money if not mistaken. By giving him a token episode then can be done with him. That said it probably too obvious so it could be someone unexpected or less needed such as Rose or Bernard since they don't focus on them too often and considered lesser characters. Also not sure someone like Danielle or Alex or Karl could be offed without major uproar.

Is Lockes group the new "Others"? Could there be a battle looming between them and the beach bums? Could explain Jin's death, who's in the coffin, and why the Oceanic 6, (combined of members of both groups), need to keep secret for now, what happened on the island.

I'll throw another name out there: Ben-we know he's off the island in the future. Jack might go because he once saved his life, where Kate & just about everyone else would still hate him and not go.

I'll throw another name out there: Ben-we know he's off the island in the future. Jack might go because he once saved his life, where Kate & just about everyone else would still hate him and not go.

But if that is the case, then why does Jack become suicidal after reading about Ben's death?

But if that is the case, then why does Jack become suicidal after reading about Ben's death?

Ben was always the key to getting back to the island. If Ben is gone, then the island is gone for good.

Ben was always the key to getting back to the island. If Ben is gone, then the island is gone for good.

OOhh, good call. That would also explain Jack's reply when the funeral attendant asked him if he was a friend or family and Jack said neither. As of now, Ben makes the most sense.