Official LOST thread

ofiba

Another great episode I thought, a lot going on. Obviously the biggest question is the "Oceanic 6" are currently in various locations, how do they all get together and get off the island?

Aren't they relatively close though? Hurely, Jack, Kate, and Sayid are all very close to the Orchid. And Sun and Aaron are already on the freighter. It will be interesting to see what Bens plan is, should be a shocker, most likely involving the others. I agree with your analysis of Ben, he has become one of the best characters on the show.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one, some where, has to have made a list of all the nicknames Sawyer has come up with. How great would that be? :thumbsup:

Remember this gem:

Sawyer to Hurley, Charlie and Aaron: "Three men and a baby" ("I counted Hurley twice")

:blink:;):P:D

Is it just me or does season 4 look an awful lot like the ending for season 2? The people we know on the island will confront the people we don't know anything about.

Not really, I think we know a lot about who the people on the island are confronting. We know that they are there to get Ben and destroy the island, whereas in season 2 we didn't know what "the others" motives truly were. I see your point, but I personally do not feel it is anything like the end of season 2.

I was also wondering why bearing 305 both takes you away from the island and yet seems to take you to the island as well.

Ramius asks a good question here.... My assumption is it might be some residual magnetic force. IIRC, the hatch and entering the numbers was merely a way of releasing pent-up energy from a strong magnetic field (remember Jack's keys). When Des turned the key, it was kind of understood that the magnet lost its strength. Could it still be enough to throw off a compass reading? Or is it caused by something else on the island?

As an aside, I read an article linked on CNN's web site that speculates that the orderly at Locke's hospital (and the guy who visited Hurley at the institution) is Walt as an adult.

Oooo! That's a good one.

Kind of like how Richard visited/checked in on Locke at different points in his life, while appearing as his contemporary age. Walt could be traveling back in time from the future to get people on the island that need to be there. Remember that he and Locke have a weird sort of connection, from the earliest episodes. I'm sure this is not for nothing.

How cool of Hurley was it last night that when he saw Sayid had no one to greet him, he introduced him to his parents. It's trite, but he's the glue that holds them together.

---

It's amazing to see how much progress the show has made, when you think back to how much we've learned since S1. And no, Sherman, I wouldn't say this is a repeat of the S2 conflict either. We're already deep into their organization. The flashforwards have been a brilliant device that allows the show to progress at such a fast rate in a short time. After we're shown how the Oceanic 6 get off the island, we're going to be where Jack screams out "We have to get back!" People've been so worried about the timeline, and it's like, dude they know what they're doing.

Spent enough time there, I didnt want to leave..............sigh.

When John asked Christian how to save the island, Claire's little smile totally creeped me out. WTF happened to her? Is she dead? Or is she alive and now under the "spell" of the island? And by Christian saying that Aaron is where he's supposed to be...obviously that means with Sawyer. Which coupled with what Jack was told last week, leads me to believe that Jack was not supposed to leave the island (maybe that's why he wanted to get back so despirately). I think Sawyer was supposed to leave the island with Kate and raise Aaron.

and poor Hugo, gets the restored camaro and then looks at the speedometer, then drives the car also as we see in a previous episode, , i dont read all of these, but the faraday guy is the wussy translator from saving private ryan and the para military guy is "tree" from mystery alaska

How cool of Hurley was it last night that when he saw Sayid had no one to greet him, he introduced him to his parents. It's trite, but he's the glue that holds them together.

Ever since last season, I've more and more come to believe that Hugo may be the key to everything. He's been tormented by the numbers for so long, and as you point out, he's the glue...and has been for a while now. I would not be surprised if we find out at the end that Hugo, not Jack or Locke, or even Ben, was the critical focal figure of all the people on the island.

Ever since last season, I've more and more come to believe that Hugo may be the key to everything. He's been tormented by the numbers for so long, and as you point out, he's the glue...and has been for a while now. I would not be surprised if we find out at the end that Hugo, not Jack or Locke, or even Ben, was the critical focal figure of all the people on the island.

Can you imagine if all this was a story made up in Hugo's mind? He is crazy.

Can you imagine if all this was a story made up in Hugo's mind? He is crazy.

Hmmm...that's an interesting thought. The idea that this is someones dream or fantasy has been discussed a lot. If I remember correctly, though, one of the writers dismissed this theory quite some time ago.

Lost Theory

Interesting theory but plausible when episodes/events are lined up. Note that if you read all the way through the Main Theory, you will encounter a spoiler (who's in the coffin).

I read this a while back and it's a plausible theory, but this is just one guys theory. It's not really a spoiler, it's just his opinion on who he thinks is in the coffin. This theory would completely dismiss the grown up Walt theory.