wouldn't hate leon hall in first rd

Where's Bill in NYC when you need him?

Are you joking? With all the weaknesses we have, CB in Round 1? Guess we'll be giving up 140 yards per game rushing again if that happens.

AARRGGH!!!

Right here Brother! :thumbdown:

It almost seems as if people are lining up to make excuses for, or even happily accept idiocy, or worse yet, senility.

The very last thing that this franchise needs is a 1st round corner. RB, LB, RG, or yes Deano, even WR would be fine! Another first round db would be indescribably stupid, and probably set our beloved franchise back yet again.

Sadly, I am thinking that this is exactly what we are looking at.

It almost seems as if people are lining up to make excuses for, or even happily accept idiocy, or worse yet, senility.

The very last thing that this franchise needs is a 1st round corner. RB, LB, RG, or yes Deano, even WR would be fine! Another first round db would be indescribably stupid, and probably set our beloved franchise back yet again.

Buck up, Bill. while I wouldn't be totally surprised by a 1st round DB, I don't expect it. I think Willis or Okoye, if either is available. At least, that's what i think tonight.

C'mon Bill from NYC, cheer up, there's no way we are going to take a CB with the #12 pick. Would you be upset if we traded back and then drafted a CB with our first pick? If we stay at our current pick then you can count on us taking one of three positions and that would be LB, RB or DT. That would put a smile on your face, wouldn't it?

C'mon Bill from NYC, cheer up, there's no way we are going to take a CB with the #12 pick. Would you be upset if we traded back and then drafted a CB with our first pick? If we stay at our current pick then you can count on us taking one of three positions and that would be LB, RB or DT. That would put a smile on your face, wouldn't it?

Kinda like there was no way we were going to take a S with our first pick last year? Unless your name was Mike Mayock, chances are you didn't see that coming. I'm not commenting on the Whitner selection, but just saying, this franchise has taken unpredictability to another level.

Kinda like there was no way we were going to take a S with our first pick last year? Unless your name was Mike Mayock, chances are you didn't see that coming. I'm not commenting on the Whitner selection, but just saying, this franchise has taken unpredictability to another level.

Many wanted Huff...no? i think it was Whitner that was the surprise, not a safety. I was hoping for Jimmy Williams.

Many wanted Huff...no? i think it was Whitner that was the surprise, not a safety. I was hoping for Jimmy Williams.

Have to admit I was surprised Oakland passed on both Leinart and to a lesser degree Cutler. Al Davis has a great track record with QB's (Marc Wilson in 80 and Todd "weedboy" Marinovich in 91) Huff had an excellent college career, but I didn't see him going to the Raiders. I guess this year's draft will offer their own surprises in about 181 hours, but who's counting?

Quick trivia question: Who was drafted right after Marinovich in 91?

(Hint, he played with Buffalo earlier this decade)

FWIW, Hall was on "Movin' the Chains" today and said his preference would be to play in a warm weather city... Tim Ryan then specifically asked Hall what he would think if Buffalo drafted him at the 12 spot... Hall backtracked, saying he played in bad winters in Michigan, and it wouldn't be a problem... But his initial statement made it pretty clear he wouldn't exactly love it...

• 10 months later...
Right here Brother! :)

I guess you were right. Somehow, we avoided a first round defensive back, and our first 3 picks look to be superb players. Nice call! :)

Now, can we avoid this stupidity once again?

:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::D