Jon Beason and Greg Olsen

Brandon

Seems these two guys have had themselves a little rap group in the past:

(Fair Warning: Some rather offensive language at the following link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Floor_Crew

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but considering that Beason is often believed to be a possible Bills selection, I'm just wondering what the board thinks of this? Is it something you overlook? Or are these players the Bills should pass on? Personally, upon learning this, I would not consider drafting either one of them.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but considering that Beason is often believed to be a possible Bills selection, I'm just wondering what the board thinks of this? Is it something you overlook? Or are these players the Bills should pass on? Personally, upon learning this, I would not consider drafting either one of them.

I heard that "song" a long time ago. It was discussed extensively on this board.

I am not a rap fan. Yet, it actually was pretty good except for some of the lyrics that you hear in a lot of rap songs. Mostly, the lyrics talk about what you probably would expect division one athletes and, for that matter, most college guys would be talking about -- rightly or wrongly.

These motherfuc#ers swore? Well fuc# them up the ass. I sure as s#it don't want any coc#sucking rappers who swear on the motherfuc#ing Bills!

I heard that "song" a long time ago. It was discussed extensively on this board.

I am not a rap fan. Yet, it actually was pretty good except for some of the lyrics that you hear in a lot of rap songs. Mostly, the lyrics talk about what you probably would expect division one athletes and, for that matter, most college guys would be talking about -- rightly or wrongly.

That's fair enough and perhaps I am overreacting to it. Its not so much that the motherfuc#ers swore, as The Dean so eloquently put it, but the lack of judgement by a couple of guys who know they're going to be under the microscope. Oh well.

Look at all of the "U"'s products. Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Edgerin James, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr., Ed Reed, and so on and so on and so on. They all seem like guys who would've done something exactly like this. We could roll out the police reports and known "black book" names on all of these guys. Most of them are known for their partying lifestyles and the numerous women that they've dated. It's all part of "The U" 's mystique. They're just following the tradition. Must be something in the air or the water down in South Beach. I ain't mad at them one bit. It's nothing worse than anything else you hear now days..

If you were GM, who would you draft, Ludacris or Josh Brogan?

Depends. On one hand Ludacris seems like the better athlete but if you have a high priority on character would you want a charitable high character opera singer who wont hurt your good pr status. Or someone Disturbing the peace arguing with Bill O'reilly about marketing with Pepsi. It's a tough decision :thumbsup:

Another Olsen rapping...never thought I'd see the day. His younger brother, Chris, was recruited to ND to play QB (long story short, Greg was our real target so we took Chris along for the ride....then Chris saw Brady Quinn, sht his pants, cried about it and immediately transfered to UVA or something. Of course with his brother gone, Greg caught the first flight to Coral Gables).

Anyway, when Chris was at ND, he once tried to battle rap one of my roommates who was on the football team as well. In an Eminem-like barrage of lyrical mastery, he managed to mumble out "What up D-Mitch / You're more like D-B word, cause you got big breasts." (My boys name was Darin Mitchell and the breasts reference was due to the fact that he was an OL and was therefore kinda fat).

So I waited for him to say something else...nope. That was it. Terrible.

Nice to see Greg carried on the tradition.