PFT Mock Draft

DB-94

No way, if AP gets past Cleveland, who is going to need him? Take the chance and just wait, if he's there, take him. If not, LB.

I think that you are mostly correct. If Cleveland does not take AP, the question becomes whether Russell is still on the board for the Vikings. If JR is not available, the Vikings may take AP. Otherwise, AP could slip down to 12 -- unless, of course, another team behind us trades up to get AP.

I think that you are mostly correct. If Cleveland does not take AP, the question becomes whether Russell is still on the board for the Vikings. If JR is not available, the Vikings may take AP. Otherwise, AP could slip down to 12 -- unless, of course, another team behind us trades up to get AP.

Don't forget about the Texans. They would probably jump on Peterson as well.

How about a 3rd from this year and a 3rd from next year?

Swap Plus both our 3rd rounders this year

#6 pick = 1600 pts

#12 + #74 + #92 = 1552 pts

Still not enough and if we have to give up more is it really worth it?

Don't forget about the Texans. They would probably jump on Peterson as well.

Now that I think about it, the Texans would be another team that we may have to worry about. This is especially so after they passed on Young last year. As I recall, AP is from Texas. Yet, didn't the Texans pick up Ahman Green this off season?

Who? This is who: Vikings, Falcons, Texans.

Regarding the Falcons, I could see BP picking Okoye, his former player from Louisville, which is where PFT has Okoye going. If they do not chose Okoye and AP is still available when the Falcons pick, you might be right.

This whole thing is such a crap shoot.

Now that I think about it, the Texans would be another team that we may have to worry about. This is especially so after they passed on Young last year. As I recall, AP is from Texas. Yet, didn't the Texans pick up Ahman Green this off season?

Yes, the Texans did pick up Ahman Green this offseason. But they passed on Reggie Bush, 1st and foremost last year, along with Vince Young. If Peterson falls into their lap I don't expect them to make the same mistake twice, by that I mean passing on a "franchise" RB. Plus Green is 30 now, has battled injuries the past few seasons, and isn't the Green of old anymore. His speed, quickness, and agility have all fallen off to a certain extent. They would take Peterson within 30 seconds of being on the clock.