Wearing a hat during the National Anthem

OnTheRocks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ing civilians.

Most of 'em don't have the brain to realize that it's the national frigging anthem that's being played and that there's an honor and respect factor to it. Most of the frigging civilians you see at a sporting event are also probably too drunk to realize that they are supposed to take their hat off. God-Damned useless civilians. <_<

Though it pains me to say it, I'm sort of with VA on this one. I'll yell at someone to take their hat off. They look at me funny, I give them the stare. Frigging pampered civilians.

:wallbash:

He was a flyboy. What's the difference other then scum-bag civilians do more work?

He flew in WWII planes in 'Nam.

As much of a pill I think tenny is, I don't question his service or his courage. Maybe his sanity - he flew in friggin' DC-3s over Vietnam. But not his service or courage.

And as far as all you servicemen are concerned...you fought for my First Amendment right to not take my hat off during the anthem, or burn the flag, or sit outside Bush's ranch in Crawford and act like a friggin' moron, or express myself however the hell else I want. Telling me I don't have a right you served to protect is hypocritical in the extreme.

Take mine off

Mention it to a friend

Keep my mouth shut otherwise.

I will never understand why it's more reverent to have you're hat off, than on. But, I do it anyway, just to avoid the BS.

Hey, no one told me they give out medals for idiocy!

I say you egomanical freaks break them out and see who has more!

i posted here for years without mentioning it til some witless right wing freak made an accusation that I didn't love my country. I wouldn't have posted a response to the moron except for the 35 members of my squadron whose names are on that wall in washington. I take my hat off when I visit there...a--hole.

i posted here for years without mentioning it til some witless right wing freak made an accusation that I didn't love my country. I wouldn't have posted a response to the moron except for the 35 members of my squadron whose names are on that wall in washington. I take my hat off when I visit there...a--hole.

You know, there's no proper response to this, so I'll just let you be.

To answer the questions asked above:

Do you remove your hat during the National Anthem? YES

If you were at a game with friends and they didn't remove their hat would you instruct them to do so? YES

If you were at a game and saw a stranger that had their hat on, would you ask them to remove it? YES

If you were at a game and saw a stranger that had their hat on, would you tell them to remove it? YES, if they didn't do it when I asked them to.

If they still refuse, it will be removed for them.

To sum things up:

Removing your hat during the National Anthem is mandatory.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, was not raised properly.

Yet somebody who starts a fight (which is essentially what you are doing) because somebody has a different opinion than you is raised properly? Uhh, sure. I love the idea of forcing somebody to agree with you.

Yet somebody who starts a fight (which is essentially what you are doing) because somebody has a different opinion than you is raised properly? Uhh, sure. I love the idea of forcing somebody to agree with you.

I just wonder if he waits until the second verse before he starts throwing punches...I'd like to know so I can raise my future kids "properly."

I just wonder if he waits until the second verse before he starts throwing punches...I'd like to know so I can raise my future kids "properly."

I think in my "Respect and Patriotism Handbook" it says to first wrap your fists in properly folded American flags. That way, it's not just you punching him. The entire country is!