ESPNMAG pic of draftees

nemhoff

In this past weeks issue there was a picture of 8-9 top draftees of the upcoming draft. Three things were notable to me

1. Obokye (sp?) was a lot smaller than I would have thought.

2. AP was beastly, that guy has a huge upper body

3. Calvin Johnson without pads on was the most impressive, that guy is absolutley cut. I would love to have him opposite of Lee Evans, even in the Atrain was all we got at RB.

'Cut' don't cut it in the NFL. You have to have talent, mental ability, desire, will power, and I guess character.

Can't judge those from looking at a picture.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought he was totally judging how good these players were by looking at some pictures. :lol:

In this past weeks issue there was a picture of 8-9 top draftees of the upcoming draft. Three things were notable to me

1. Obokye (sp?) was a lot smaller than I would have thought.

2. AP was beastly, that guy has a huge upper body

3. Calvin Johnson without pads on was the most impressive, that guy is absolutley cut. I would love to have him opposite of Lee Evans, even in the Atrain was all we got at RB.

They were all standing on a somewhat of a curve but that being said Adrian Peterson looks like a beast! Akoye didn't look that big at first but he was standing sideways. Look again and you'll see that he's got some good sized arms and pretty thick chested. Lynch didn't look like a slouch either.

'Cut' don't cut it in the NFL. You have to have talent, mental ability, desire, will power, and I guess character.

Can't judge those from looking at a picture.

Well...Not sure if You've ever seen CJ Play, or read a thing about him...But if it's talent, mental ablility, desire, will power, and character You want...In addition to being freakishly large for a Player at His Position and VERY fast too...Calvin Johnson is all those things then some...

You may very well need more than just being "cut," but in Johnson's case He's got the intangibles, and the tangibles in abundance... ^_^

Physique alone surprisingly does not translate into talent

Look at Thurman in his playing days..unimpressive looking physically but dynamite on the field.

Jeff Posey..built like a statue..unfortunately ran like one too

I know Drew Bledsoe was 'Cut' also. He had like a 27 pack and two big guns to go with.

Well as long as we are talking about players physiques, Adrian Peterson looks like he could move a small building with his bare hands.

www.adrian-peterson.com/adrian-peterson-combine-jacked.jpg <----(Copy/Paste that into your browser)

To Quote the great Anchorman, "Well that got out of control pretty quick."

Listen, experts and novices alike, this post was certainly not trying to "jockey" my take on how good or not good these players will be or could be, examine their mental capacities, evaluate their on-field ability, make a case for their worthiness of their pick, test their character, pimp their ride, or whatever else.

I am simply commenting the fact that certain dudes looked pretty cut, ripped, sculpted, jacked, whatever you want to call it. Although, I still think that Calvin Johnson will be nasty next year. I mean the dude is 6' 6, runs the 40 faster than most CB's, and he isn't spindly, he is huge. He is gonna be one tough cat to cover. I saw him a few times last year and he blew it up on a totally sucky team.

Lions take him and continue their quest to be the black hole of 1st round WR.