Ted Ginn Jr.

major

Marv Levy is hard to nail down on draft day. I wouldn't be shocked if he went for Ted Ginn Jr with the number #12 pick. I know it's a stretch; however, Whitner was considered a stretch last year. One thing is for sure, Marv makes it entertaining to watch the draft.

Marv Levy is hard to nail down on draft day. I wouldn't be shocked if he went for Ted Ginn Jr with the number #12 pick. I know it's a stretch; however, Whitner was considered a stretch last year. One thing is for sure, Marv makes it entertaining to watch the draft.

I hope not. If we draft a WR I want 6-2 or taller. If I had to bet who I think marv will take, it would be leon hall, but we'll see. I'm pulling for willis but I think he'll be gone.

One SMALL fast (Rosco Parrish) receiver per team is plenty :lol:

Teflon Tom is no longer making the picks for the Bills.

I don't think that Marv will draft Ginn for three reasons.

1. Last year he pulled the trigger because we didn't have a Strong Safety, we needed Whitner. We have a Widereceiver in Evans. We don't need Ginn.

2. We already have a deep threat-fast receiver in Evans, we don't need another clone. We need a posession receiver. In other words, I don't think that Ted Ginn Jr. is another Andre Reed.

3. Ginn is not a polished receiver, he is a play-maker... we need a polished receiver.

Although I like Ginn and would NOT be displeased if the Bills drafted him, I don't see it happening. It's not smart... and if Marv is anything... he certainly is smart.

1. Last year he pulled the trigger because we didn't have a Strong Safety, we needed Whitner. We have a Widereceiver in Evans. We don't need Ginn.

2. We already have a deep threat-fast receiver in Evans, we don't need another clone. We need a posession receiver. In other words, I don't think that Ted Ginn Jr. is another Andre Reed.

3. Ginn is not a polished receiver, he is a play-maker... we need a polished receiver.

Although I like Ginn and would NOT be displeased if the Bills drafted him, I don't see it happening. It's not smart... and if Marv is anything... he certainly is smart.

Ginn @ 12 is an interesting idea. The reports are he is not a polished receiver but from what I saw of him the last few years he looked pretty good to me. There are few receivers that have the ability to take over games. I think he maybe one of them. I dont know how a secondary would account for the speed coming @ you with him & evans @ the wideouts. With that being said, I think willis is the way to go.

Ginn is not that great at blocking and even (at times) drops easy passes. Last year's Michigan game in Ann Arbor, the Buckeyes had to win IN SPITE of Ginn. He is better now than when he was a sophomore, but I would still think that saying he is not polished, is being generous.

I hope not. If we draft a WR I want 6-2 or taller. If I had to bet who I think marv will take, it would be leon hall, but we'll see. I'm pulling for willis but I think he'll be gone.

Willis will be gone, especially if Miami and Detroit can switch positions....The lions runs the same cover 2 and covet Willis as their attacking MLB

That just might be craziest enough to be the pick. Ginn would replace Nate returning punts and perhaps replace Mcgee on returns as well. Marv stresses special teams and Ginn would be Devin Hester like. I would prefer not to take Ginn at 12 but would love to get him later

I'd be very suprised if they select him. He's dangerous due to his speed, no doubt about it, but from all reports he's also a poor route runner who is going to be a major project for the team that drafts him. For that reason, I definitely don't compare him to Lee Evans (who was very NFL-ready), but to Roscoe Parrish. He's more talented than Roscoe, but a lot of the same positives and negatives still seem to apply.

That just might be craziest enough to be the pick. Ginn would replace Nate returning punts and perhaps replace Mcgee on returns as well. Marv stresses special teams and Ginn would be Devin Hester like. I would prefer not to take Ginn at 12 but would love to get him later

Of course, if we trade for Turner, he can be the return man. That's an aspect that has not been discussed very much on The Wall.

WR is really a longshot position for us to pick in the first round. Would this answer the "draft for need" versus draft talent question for the Bills front office...? I was okay with the Whitner pick last year because it was a big need, not just to get a safety, but to transition to the Cover 2. (So, draft for need last year, and ignore need this year?)

I agree with your points except that I thought Reed did well as a possession receiver for us last year (34 catches, 21 first downs, 410 yards, 12.1 average). I think we have too many needs to take a WR early this year, but would not be surprised if WR is one of our top two picks next year.

Nate hasn't returned punts for us in awhile: 35 in 2004, 8 in 2005, 0 in 2006. Nate's Stats at NFL.com

Roscoe Parrish OTOH did well for us returning punts. We could maybe use depth at the returner positions, but McGee and Parrish are doing fine. I would be surprised if anyone else took over this year (barring injury).

Of course, if we trade for Turner, he can be the return man. That's an aspect that has not been discussed very much on The Wall.

and with our luck, we'd have turner return kicks and he'd tear his kneee up. :lol: