Trent Green Trade to Miami "Imminent"

Good news folks! According to Rotoworld.com, a trade of Trent Green from K.C. to Miami for a 2nd DAY draft pick is imminent and will happen this coming week. Daunte Pigpepper would then be released.

Is it just me, or would that be yet another downgrade to their QB situation? At least Pigpepper USED to be pretty good and is mobile (or could be again). What has Trent Green even done or won? Answer? Nada, zip, zippo. Green is now an injury-prone old hog that moves slower than L.A. rushhour traffic. I'd welcome this move with open arms. This is a stop-gap fix (and not a good one) for a team in true "searching" mode.

Funny part is, this prolly will ream them salary cap-wise too, with Green's contract and the releasing of Pigpepper.

Good news folks! According to Rotoworld.com, a trade of Trent Green from K.C. to Miami for a 2nd DAY draft pick is imminent and will happen this coming week. Daunte Pigpepper would then be released.

Is it just me, or would that be yet another downgrade to their QB situation? At least Pigpepper USED to be pretty good and is mobile (or could be again). What has Trent Green even done or won? Answer? Nada, zip, zippo.

Trent Green has been a fine QB over the years. He's at the end of the line now but I would have taken him over Culpepper for most of his career.

Trent Green has been a fine QB over the years. He's at the end of the line now but I would have taken him over Culpepper for most of his career.

Huh?? As a Bills fan, how dare you not take a pot-shot at the Dolphins if ever given half the chance!! What football have you been watching? He has been exceptionally average over the years. Had he not gotten hurt in 1999 and Kurt Warner come in, the Rams would likely never have won the Superbowl that year.

How many playoff games has Trent Green ever won? Any? If so, not many. The Chiefs would have been better served in the playoff at Indy to start Damon Huard.

Huh?? As a Bills fan, how dare you not take a pot-shot at the Dolphins if ever given half the chance!! What football have you been watching? He has been exceptionally average over the years. Had he not gotten hurt in 1999 and Kurt Warner come in, the Rams would likely never have won the Superbowl that year.

How many playoff games has Trent Green ever won? Any? If so, not many. The Chiefs would have been better served in the playoff at Indy to start Damon Huard.

I'm not going to disagree about starting Huard, I think they should have started him the rest of the year instead of putting Green back in. That has more to do with Green's injury than anything else. As for Green's career, he's been very consistent since being given the opportunity to start. Before last year he had four years in a row of QB ratings above 90 and the chiefs have been good to very good on offense. It was the D that has been holding that team back. Green was never spectacular, but I'd take his steady hand and consistent quality play over Daunte's feast or famine QBing.

Had Green never gotten hurt in St Louis I think you'd have seen Green get an MVP or two in that offense and the Rams would have been just as explosive as they were with Warner.

Cam Cameron has known Trent Green since college at IU. Cam Cameron is also one of the smartest Offensive minds in the game. Green is accurate -- something the Phins haven't had in a while--Green is already what Chad Pennington wants to be -- a cerebral QB with a decent (as opposed to rag) arm who can lead a team. This isn't great news. The reason Green has "never won anything" is because the Chiefs sucked on D...not on O...

The Phins are an offensive lineman or two away from being competitive again...the good news is that Offensive Lineman who can contribute right away are hard to find in the draft and that the Phins are aging on D with a lot of their stars being on the wrong side of 32 or 33. They have too many needs to contend this year, I think, but if they get Green I bet a lot that they are going to draft 2 or 3 young OL in the first four rounds.

Trent Green, while most likely at the end of the line, has proved himself to be in the upper tier of NFL starting QBs for the past 5 years.

Duante Culpepper, in addition to being injured, has proved to be completely clueless if he isn't throwing to the most talented WR in football.

This move most likely won't help Miami enough, but it is an immediate upgrade and gives them potentially the best starting QB they've had since Marino retired.

Trent Green excels at nothing. He has no upside and is 37 years old. This is PHENOMENAL news.

I agree Coach, and think that he will hit the wall ala Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon. He did not impress me at all last season.

If the phins are smart, they will draft blockers this year and replace Green in 08. They might as well just write 07 off, because they truly suck.

I can see the argument that he may never be the same after the injury or that he is too old, but to deny what Green has accomplished since he has been a starter is silly. Before his injury he was the only QB to have thrown for 4000+ in each of the past three seasons. He's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but he was playing like one of the top 10 QBs in the game.

At best, he will most likely give Miami 1-2 productive seasons. If the compensation is a late round pick, then I fail to see how this is phenomenal news. The only possible way this could benefit the Bills is by having Miami potentially waste a second day draft pick.

That's phenomenal?

I'm not saying I'm quivering in my shoes over this, but the Dolphins could do a lot worse then Trent Green.

Green is definitely an upgrade over Daunte Culpepper. He has not proven he can play without Moss. He was terrible in 2005 in Minnesota before he was injured (6 TDs and 12 INTs). He is no longer mobile, makes questionable decisions, and is not even fully healthy yet. Releasing or trading him saves Miami $1.3 million in cap room. Green is good for 2 reasons. He upgrades Miami's QB for the short term and he will be a great tutor to any QB they take on day 1 whether it be Quinn, Russell, Edwards, Stanton, Kolb, or Beck.

I can see the argument that he may never be the same after the injury or that he is too old, but to deny what Green has accomplished since he has been a starter is silly. Before his injury he was the only QB to have thrown for 4000+ in each of the past three seasons. He's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but he was playing like one of the top 10 QBs in the game.

At best, he will most likely give Miami 1-2 productive seasons. If the compensation is a late round pick, then I fail to see how this is phenomenal news. The only possible way this could benefit the Bills is by having Miami potentially waste a second day draft pick.

That's phenomenal?

I'm not saying I'm quivering in my shoes over this, but the Dolphins could do a lot worse then Trent Green.

You hit on why I question this deal from Miami's perspective. I think Green can give them 2 years -- yet they aren't positioned to be Super Bowl competitive in that period--I guess they could be looking at someone to tutor Tom Brady if he falls to them...

I don't think its great news for the Bills that the Phins are getting better at the QB position than they were last year..but I still don't think this makes them a contender...

I have to fall on the side of "good news" here. While I have always liked Trent Green as a QB and think he has been pretty good in the past, things are pretty much over for him now. It's one thing to sign a QB from years ago who was familiar with your offense to help establish the system (see Chris Redman in Atlanta, who will be cut as soon as training camp is over but in the meantime will help install the offense). But to sign an old QB past his prime because you worked with him years ago and ask him to be your starter doesn't make sense in today's NFL. The Dolphins will be bad again, really bad, IMO.

I agree Coach, and think that he will hit the wall ala Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon. He did not impress me at all last season.

If the phins are smart, they will draft blockers this year and replace Green in 08. They might as well just write 07 off, because they truly suck.

I think another team in the AFC East will be writing off 07 as well.

i guess miami does not value second round draft picks. did they not give away a second round pick to obtain daunte culpepper in the first place?

I think they are giving up a second DAY pick, not a second ROUND pick. It will probably be a 5th or 6th.

Is it just me, or would that be yet another downgrade to their QB situation? At least Pigpepper USED to be pretty good and is mobile (or could be again). What has Trent Green even done or won? Answer? Nada, zip, zippo. Green is now an injury-prone old hog that moves slower than L.A. rushhour traffic. I'd welcome this move with open arms. This is a stop-gap fix (and not a good one) for a team in true "searching" mode.

Funny part is, this prolly will ream them salary cap-wise too, with Green's contract and the releasing of Pigpepper.

Culpepper hasnt done a thing without Moss