Who do the real Bills experts (you guys) want the Bills to draft

Who do the real Bills experts (you guys) want the Bills to draft (message board mock)  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Rd.1

• Patrick Willis LB
    • Paul Posluszny LB
    • Marshawn Lynch RB
    • Robert Meachem WR
    • Dwayne Bowe WR
    • Ted Ginn Jr. WR
    • Laron Landry S
    • Alan Branch DT
    • Amobi Okoye DT
    • Greg Olsen TE
    • Leon Hall CB

This will be a message board mock, for each round, I'll have the Bills taking the player who the real experts (you guys) pick. I want them to pick Patrick Willis. Everyday, I dream about the Bills stuffing Willis when the Ravens come to town. But I worry they won't with the way their linebacking corps are right now, so they have to go with Patrick Willis. He is a freak of nature at the LB position. He reminds me of Vernon Davis, but at linebacker.

Its very close between Willis and Lynch. I've been in favor of drafting Lynch, but some arguments regarding Pittman and a couple of other 2nd round RBs are starting to convince me that those guys can play. My opinion of Posluszny is also improving, though there's still a gap between he and Willis/Lynch. So I'm leaning, if very slightly, towards believing Patrick Willis should be their pick at 12.

My top 5 of that group would be:

1) MLB Patrick Willis

2) RB Marshawn Lynch

3) OLB Paul Posluszny

4) WR Robert Meachem

5) CB Leon Hall

THEN THERE IS ALWAYS THAT WILD CARD WE COULD POSSIBLY PUT OUT THERE... ADRIAN PETERSON.

I was thinking about putting him up there, but that would be insanely unrealistic. The guy will go top-10, without a doubt.

i voted for paul posluszny even though i know we need a runningback first.paul has intangables.i think he is going to be a throwback player.he would be a great buffalo bill.

I vote for anybody NOT from Penn State or Michigan. As for Pos.. the more I read the hype, the more I see a "throwback player", like the fish you throw back in the lake after you see it was a waste of time to hook it. PLEASE take the 12th best player, not some great character guy who is the 25th to 30th best player. I don't want the 12th best player scoring three touchdowns on our character guy, even if he is great in the locker room. Sorry , Big 10 = slow, overrated and IMO ( I know I'm in the minority) stats achieved against Indiana, Illinois and a couple of MAC teams don't compare to what Patrick Willis did in the SEC.

I vote for anybody NOT from Penn State or Michigan. As for Pos.. the more I read the hype, the more I see a "throwback player", like the fish you throw back in the lake after you see it was a waste of time to hook it. PLEASE take the 12th best player, not some great character guy who is the 25th to 30th best player. I don't want the 12th best player scoring three touchdowns on our character guy, even if he is great in the locker room. Sorry , Big 10 = slow, overrated and IMO ( I know I'm in the minority) stats achieved against Indiana, Illinois and a couple of MAC teams don't compare to what Patrick Willis did in the SEC.

how do you magically know who is the "12th best" compared to who is the "20th best"? that's not a lot of wiggle room when trying to predict the future...

how do you magically know who is the "12th best" compared to who is the "20th best"? that's not a lot of wiggle room when trying to predict the future...

I have no idea. I just hope the Bills will line up their board on football ability. I am old enough to remember John Fina, a solid player had he been a third or fourth rounder, as he was projected. Jeff Burris was solid, but never confused with an elite player or first round worthy. I just don't see the love for this guy other than the Penn State mystique. Obviously, I am no expert but from reading and watching; I am fotuante to be able to see many college games in person and on the tube (not saying I know more than anyone else here), there seems no comparison to these two guys on the football field. When you move up the draft board three months after the season, I get a little wary. ERIK FLOWERS comes to mind.

The kid from Penn State may be a future all-pro but Willis appears, by the stats and the level of competition, to be the much superior player. My hope , like 99% of this board is for a SuperBowl Victory eventually, but drafting a guy that doesn't SEEM to be worthy of that high of a selection doesn't spark excitement. However after last years draft, I will give Levy and co. the beneift of the doubt if this kid is the selection.

I have no idea. I just hope the Bills will line up their board on football ability. I am old enough to remember John Fina, a solid player had he been a third or fourth rounder, as he was projected. Jeff Burris was solid, but never confused with an elite player or first round worthy. I just don't see the love for this guy other than the Penn State mystique. Obviously, I am no expert but from reading and watching; I am fotuante to be able to see many college games in person and on the tube (not saying I know more than anyone else here), there seems no comparison to these two guys on the football field. When you move up the draft board three months after the season, I get a little wary. ERIK FLOWERS comes to mind.

The kid from Penn State may be a future all-pro but Willis appears, by the stats and the level of competition, to be the much superior player. My hope , like 99% of this board is for a SuperBowl Victory eventually, but drafting a guy that doesn't SEEM to be worthy of that high of a selection doesn't spark excitement. However after last years draft, I will give Levy and co. the beneift of the doubt if this kid is the selection.

Before his injury Poz had football ability in spades. Everybody calls him a "throwback player" and I'm not sure what that means other than he's white. The guy was fast and moved laterally very well. He could go sideline to sideline with the best of them. People have some insane idea that because a guy is white he can't be a great athlete (just look at how people describe Schobel still). If Poz has recovered fully from his injury I have no doubt the guy is going to be a very good player (and that injury wasn't that bad and he appeared to make major strides in the second half of last year). If not for that injury I'd take him over Patrick Willis. With the injury it's a tricky business trying to decide how high he should go. Then again, Willis had several small injuries during his college career and I've heard rumblings that some thing he might be injury prone.

Before his injury Poz had football ability in spades. Everybody calls him a "throwback player" and I'm not sure what that means other than he's white. The guy was fast and moved laterally very well. He could go sideline to sideline with the best of them. People have some insane idea that because a guy is white he can't be a great athlete (just look at how people describe Schobel still). If Poz has recovered fully from his injury I have no doubt the guy is going to be a very good player (and that injury wasn't that bad and he appeared to make major strides in the second half of last year). If not for that injury I'd take him over Patrick Willis. With the injury it's a tricky business trying to decide how high he should go. Then again, Willis had several small injuries during his college career and I've heard rumblings that some thing he might be injury prone.

Can't argue with that. It would be unfortunate if the injury limits him, as it will limit the team as well. They reall can't afford to miss at LB, no matter what round they take one... or two... or ?? It would be a bummer to follow up a starter-filled draft of last year with one that doesn't complement it.