#1 Pick is WR?

I see it baby!

Robert Meachem WR Meachem (6-3, 217) ran 4.41 and 4.48 in the 40 and 4.19 in the short shuttle. He had a 37½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 long jump. He stood on his bench press total from the Combine.

I see it baby!

Robert Meachem WR Meachem (6-3, 217) ran 4.41 and 4.48 in the 40 and 4.19 in the short shuttle. He had a 37½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 long jump. He stood on his bench press total from the Combine.

100.00 dollars eh?

paypal?

I'm not going to bet against it. They clearly need an upgrade at the #2 WR position, yet they have three decent situational players already. As a result, if they're going to draft a WR, they'd better do it pretty early and select a guy capable of making an immediate contribution. Otherwise, that player is very likely to get buried on the depth chart behind Price, Reed and Parrish.

I'm not going to bet against it. They clearly need an upgrade at the #2 WR position, yet they have three decent situational players already. As a result, if they're going to draft a WR, they'd better do it pretty early and select a guy capable of making an immediate contribution. Otherwise, that player is very likely to get buried on the depth chart behind Price, Reed and Parrish.

Yep!

Meachem is the guy who can make that immediate impact and make J.P. and our offense improve. We got Fred Jackson starting at RB we will be ok.

I see it baby!

I'll take that bet.

I know our #2 wr isn't the best but that at the end of my list of things to upgrade. If you look, as the season progressed (and JP did as well), guys like Price, Reed, and Royal all altered games where they stepped up their production.

If the Bills lose games, it won't be because our wrs aren't good enough It will be because we can't run or stop the run. :devil:

I have been reading this board for several years, it is with out a doubt the best around. Decided to start posting. Get a kick out of alot of the vet posters. Although I agree a large body at wr would be a big help, I don't feel it's a luxury we can afford to use a first on with other glaring need. Hopefully they can adress this later in the draft.

I have been reading this board for several years, it is with out a doubt the best around. Decided to start posting. Get a kick out of alot of the vet posters. Although I agree a large body at wr would be a big help, I don't feel it's a luxury we can afford to use a first on with other glaring need. Hopefully they can adress this later in the draft.

Hey Hamilton Bills Fan, welcome to our wacky home away from home!

You picked a pretty juicy time to join us, of course, with the draft in 2 weeks.

WR would be a pretty wild top pick. I don't know if Meacham rates a #12 pick. Maybe a short trade down to the teens or 20, then pick him.

Crazier things have happened!

Hey Hamilton Bills Fan, welcome to our wacky home away from home!

You picked a pretty juicy time to join us, of course, with the draft in 2 weeks.

WR would be a pretty wild top pick. I don't know if Meacham rates a #12 pick. Maybe a short trade down to the teens or 20, then pick him.

Crazier things have happened!

Opinions on Meachem seem to be all over the board. Most all of the fan sites have in the 15-30 range and the 2nd best WR available. However, I've seen a few articles indicating that several teams rate him much higher. Obviously, I don't know if that's true, but it honestly wouldn't suprise me to see him go as high as #8 to Atlanta.

As a #2 reciever, I'd trade down, add picks, and draft Dwayne Bowe! Meachem has been labeled as a guy who doesn't like the rough stuff in the middle of the field. Bowe, on the other hand, will willingly go in the middle of the field, will break tackles, and block... and do it well, IMO!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

"It's evident that with the 12th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, we pick up QB Trent Edwards from Stanford.

Len Pasquarelli, John Clayton, and all of ESPN say JP is an incompitant little child who shouldn't even be in the AFL.

Trent Edwards my friends... "

There... told ya I'd say it again.

If the Bills lose games, it won't be because our wrs aren't good enough...

Biscuit, I respectfully disagree. :devil:

I've said it all off season and firmly believe that the lack of a possession #2 WR hurt the Bills' offense more than anything else last season -- even more than the OL. The Bills need a large body to take up the middle zone, someone who can be a target in the redzone and can cause matchup problems for opposing LBs and CBs. A game breaking TE would be ideal, but none are really out there in the draft this year. However, at WR there are a couple. Mechem is that sort of play.

I'm reminded of the 2000 draft (or was it '99) when the Colts were on the clock in the first round. They were loaded on offense with Manning, Harrison, Edge and a nice OL. But their defense was a mess. Everyone said they need to go Defense in round one. But instead -- they took Reggie Wayne.

Now, I'm not crazy and saying the Bills are anywhere near as talented as those Colts were, but the logic is the same. They needed to give Manning another weapon and take the pressure off of Harrison and Edge. Plus, if your offense scores at a clip of 30 points a game, your defense will instantly look a lot better.

There are two holes right now on the Bills' roster -- RB and LB. Arguably you can fill the RB in rounds 2/3. It's also possible to fill the OLB in rounds 2/3 as well.

I'm not advocating the Bills passing up on Willis or AP if they are there at 12, however -- there is a lot of logic to taking a player like Mechem at 12 to 18. If nothing else, a player like him would improve the running attack regardless of who's back there. And if the offense is more prolific -- the defense won't have to worry about stopping the run as much since teams will be forced to play catchup.

Just my worthless two cents.