WADE and Drew.....

Tcali

We all knew (well the sane ones of us knew) Drews problems couldn't be solved by any offensive line.

Wade---while i think most of us would call him an average to good coach overall---we ALL know how absolutely lost he is on the sidelines--like a deer in the headlights.

The main question is--When will we start reading the articles in the Dallas papers about the poor clock management and poor sideline decisions???(including replay flag throwing)

I say we read the first article by October.

We all knew (well the sane ones of us knew) Drews problems couldn't be solved by any offensive line.

Wade---while i think most of us would call him an average to good coach overall---we ALL know how absolutely lost he is on the sidelines--like a deer in the headlights.

The main question is--When will we start reading the articles in the Dallas papers about the poor clock management and poor sideline decisions???(including replay flag throwing)

I say we read the first article by October.

I think that if you phrased Wade's description as a deer without a headset, you may have had some kind of a point.

wade was sooooo horrible in buffalo that he was the last coach to coach them in the playoffs.he was also the last coach to lead the bills to double digits in wins.i can also respect a head coach who lets himself get fired to protect his special teams coach.wade might have screwed up the whole flutie rob johnson thing,but he did a good job in buffalo.good luck to wade in dallas and go bills in"07

wade was sooooo horrible in buffalo that he was the last coach to coach them in the playoffs.he was also the last coach to lead the bills to double digits in wins.i can also respect a head coach who lets himself get fired to protect his special teams coach.wade might have screwed up the whole flutie rob johnson thing,but he did a good job in buffalo.good luck to wade in dallas and go bills in"07

Dallas?? Dallas??? :D

Hard to argue with this post.....

I DID NOT SAY he was horrible. The fact that I graded him at a B given his awful gametime management is a tribute to him in a sense.

I'm usually negative on this board but I have to agree. Wade made some bad decisions here but he seems to be a good person. I see this situation as a corrollary one to Jauron- did ok for a bit and then slid towards the end of his tenure at his old job. If we can root for Jauron we should not wish Wade ill. Hope he works out, I appreciate what he did in Buffalo.

It is really not that hard to argue this post. The teams Wade coached were loaded, especially on the defensive side. For Phillips to have the talent he had for 3 years & not win one single playoff game was an outrage imo.

It is really not that hard to argue this post. The teams Wade coached were loaded, especially on the defensive side. For Phillips to have the talent he had for 3 years & not win one single playoff game was an outrage imo.

Care to remember who the secondary & LBs were at the end of that Titans' game? Who played LT?

Care to remember who the secondary & LBs were at the end of that Titans' game? Who played LT?

Well my guess is that the Linebackers were Sam Cowart, Gabe Northern, Holicheck & Sam Rogers. A Winfield, Thomas Smith, Henry Jones & K Schutz. Cant remember who got injured but Im pretty sure that is who started. Pretty excellent secondary, decent LBs. Cowart was a beast pre injury & although the other 3 lbs mentioned never had very good careers anywhere else, they fit 3-4 schem very nicely. LT at the end of the game is a guess, but I do remember several olinemen getting injured. My guess would be Jaimie Nails. Just a guess though. I could tell you that the backups in the secondary were probably Tillman & Kenny irvin & Keon Carpenter & LBS were probably Polk, Newman & Forman.

Dont really see what your point is. If any game emphasizes Wade's shortcomings it is that game. We had the game won. But him & his cronie Ronnie Jones didnt have the special teams ready for a trick play. We lost that game because of coaching, plain & simple. I thought Phillips should of actually been fired after that game. Porter might of been the backup in the game for the injured secondary now that I think about it. He was the one that wasnt in his lane on the homerun throwback.

Well my guess is that the Linebackers were Sam Cowart, Gabe Northern, Holicheck & Sam Rogers. A Winfield, Thomas Smith, Henry Jones & K Schutz. Cant remember who got injured but Im pretty sure that is who started. Pretty excellent secondary, decent LBs. Cowart was a beast pre injury & although the other 3 lbs mentioned never had very good careers anywhere else, they fit 3-4 schem very nicely. LT at the end of the game is a guess, but I do remember several olinemen getting injured. My guess would be Jaimie Nails. Just a guess though. I could tell you that the backups in the secondary were probably Tillman & Kenny irvin & Keon Carpenter & LBS were probably Polk, Newman & Forman.

Dont really see what your point is. If any game emphasizes Wade's shortcomings it is that game. We had the game won. But him & his cronie Ronnie Jones didnt have the special teams ready for a trick play. We lost that game because of coaching, plain & simple. I thought Phillips should of actually been fired after that game. Porter might of been the backup in the game for the injured secondary now that I think about it. He was the one that wasnt in his lane on the homerun throwback.

The point is that similar to SB 25 loss being put only on Norwood's foot, collective memories ignore the hurdles (not just Byron Boston) that Bills' team had to overcome just to be in a position to win. Kearse is remembered for a monster game, because he had two series' worth of highlight performance going against one-legged John Fina, who was quickly replaced by Ziegler to yield modestly better results. It was a game that saw Bills lose Sam Rogers & Marlo Perry, and I believe if they had won it, the next week's secondary would have featured Donovan Greer at CB, and who knows who on the other side.

Yeah it was a strong defensive team during the year that got devastated just in time for the playoff game.

History 101 ...

Point 1 - Wade made the right call on QB. Johnson was playing better at the time (watch that 31-6, '99 finale against the 13-win Colts who were playing for home field advantage), and he won the playoff game for the team... until the special teams blew it.

Point 2- It was Bruce DeHaven's special teams, not Ronnie Jones.

Wade has the best winning percentage of any coach in Buffalo Bills history. It is hard to understand why anyone would want to trash him.

He also is a very likeable guy. I wish him well.

History 101 ...

Point 1 - Wade made the right call on QB. Johnson was playing better at the time (watch that 31-6, '99 finale against the 13-win Colts who were playing for home field advantage), and he won the playoff game for the team... until the special teams blew it.

Point 2- It was Bruce DeHaven's special teams, not Ronnie Jones.

Your right about point 2, I cant believe I missed. He royally screwed it up by replacing one of the best special teams coaches with that idiot jones. Point 1 is debatable. Johnson did play great against indy in the season finally. Couple points though. Even though the game was played Jan 2 or 3rd, I remember the weather was perfect that day. I think it was close to 50. I remember being at the game, with my friends, & we were in jeans & sweatshirts. 2nd, Indy had nothing to play for, clinched the division, plus homefield, watching the game, it was pretty obvious they packed it in. Now, Im not trying to debate the Johnson/Flutie call, I went to every home game that year(as I do most years), flutie was pretty rotten the whole year. I remember taking my dad to a december game against the gmen that year. Once again, perfect weather conditions, my dad made a comment(big flutie fan) saying he couldnt believe how poor the flute was throwing the ball & that you dont realize it as much on tv as you do when your actually at the game. Anyways, tough call to make either way. I would of probably stuck with the flute, but I thought johnson did enough things right in that tenn game to justify the decision.

Your right about point 2, I cant believe I missed. He royally screwed it up by replacing one of the best special teams coaches with that idiot jones. Point 1 is debatable. Johnson did play great against indy in the season finally. Couple points though. Even though the game was played Jan 2 or 3rd, I remember the weather was perfect that day. I think it was close to 50. I remember being at the game, with my friends, & we were in jeans & sweatshirts. 2nd, Indy had nothing to play for, clinched the division, plus homefield, watching the game, it was pretty obvious they packed it in. Now, Im not trying to debate the Johnson/Flutie call, I went to every home game that year(as I do most years), flutie was pretty rotten the whole year. I remember taking my dad to a december game against the gmen that year. Once again, perfect weather conditions, my dad made a comment(big flutie fan) saying he couldnt believe how poor the flute was throwing the ball & that you dont realize it as much on tv as you do when your actually at the game. Anyways, tough call to make either way. I would of probably stuck with the flute, but I thought johnson did enough things right in that tenn game to justify the decision.

I admit to being a DF fan back in the day. My bigest problem with RJ was how often he got sacked. It would put us in 2nd or 3rd and long far more often than DF. Others would dog me by saying the QB rating triumphs. Some would say in support of DF that he won more often than RJ by far. The smarter RJ proponents argued that wins and losses between the two QBs were relatively meaningless compared with SOS. A fair argument admittedly. The problem was when I redid both their QB ratings and added each sack as a pass attempt and subtracted the yards lost from the passing yards for both QBs RJ was about 8 points IIRC behind DF.

Now with hindsight that really makes them about even. SOS vs an improvised (but valid IMO) QB rating and I suppose you have to go with the youth and talent over the aging but still decent QB. We will leave out the injury factor I suppose. Still to yank him from a game (TN vs Buffalo) in which our QB was sacked 7 times for 40+ yards? Mind you DF would have thrown an interception in all likelihood but damn that was stupid.