Planet Earth

Pete

You know what's really cool. Take a walk outside and open your eyes and ears. HDTV... :w00t:

You know whats even cooler? Trail running! Camping! Fishing! Hiking Hadrians wall! Day hiking the Appalaichan Trail! Going down to the Connecticut River and lying on your back and looking at the stars! Skiing black diamonds at Stowe Vermont! Biking Block Island! Having Olivier show you around the Pyranees!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen it? I am a huge nature show fan and have been watching them my whole life-literally 1000s of episodes. The cinematography in this is the greatest I have ever seen. David Attenburough is the man and everything he has done is quite excellent. I suggest you watch an episode before you are so quick to criticize. Our planet is gorgeous!

I recorded 4 of them, and viewed them.

I'm not being quick. Nature productions have been part and parcel of programming for decades and decades...and decades. Old hat...

Attenbourough is an old hand at such...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/who...enborough.shtml

You know whats even cooler? Getting Laid! Trail running! Getting Laid! Camping! Getting Laid! Fishing! Getting Laid! Hiking Hadrians wall! Getting Laid! Day hiking the Appalaichan Trail! Getting Laid! Going down to the Connecticut River and lying on your back and looking at the stars! Getting Laid! Skiing black diamonds at Stowe Vermont! Getting Laid! Biking Block Island! Getting Laid! Having Olivier show you his penis at the Pyranees! Getting Laid!

Fixed :w00t:

You know whats even cooler? Trail running! Camping! Fishing! Hiking Hadrians wall! Day hiking the Appalaichan Trail! Going down to the Connecticut River and lying on your back and looking at the stars! Skiing black diamonds at Stowe Vermont! Biking Block Island! Having Olivier show you around the Pyranees!

Yesterday my wife and I took a walk down a trail along a marsh with all sorts of wild life. Ended up at the ocean. We could feel the waves pounding it was amazing. Turn off the HDTV and experience it firs hand. Oh and Eyrn....getting laid it pretty awesome too!

Yesterday my wife and I took a walk down a trail along a marsh with all sorts of wild life. Ended up at the ocean. We could feel the waves pounding it was amazing. Turn off the HDTV and experience it firs hand. Oh and Eyrn....getting laid it pretty awesome too!

Yeah, last time I was walking the beach I saw a great white leap out of the water while hunting seal. Also, the other day when I was in Africa I witnessed first hand lions hunting elephants at night. Btw, why are you on this message board? Why aren't you out there experiencing people first hand?

As for the show, the production values are high and the cinematography is good but it does try to cover way too much ground and one never feels like they're ever given enough information and any particular species or region. The end-of-show footage of the crews filming the show are much more informative about how the show is captured than the show is on the animals they are covering.

Not to hijack the thread, but did you see that Best Buy has the new A2 for $400, including 4 free movies from Best Buy and 5 free movies from Toshiba? Pretty kickin' deal.

And you must've paid way too much for your A1 -- I got mine for $400 last year. I'm frugal :w00t:

CW

Good deal... though it looks to me like desperate times call for desperate measures.

And now that I thought about it again, I stand corrected... I paid $450 for the A1 vs. $500 for the PS3. Though IMO the improved AQ is worth the extra $50. :w00t:

That's one of the reasons why they invented vacations and jets. :w00t:

You do realize that watching a nature show and experiencing nature first hand aren't mutually exclusive?

Good deal... though it looks to me like desperate times call for desperate measures.

And now that I thought about it again, I stand corrected... I paid $450 for the A1 vs. $500 for the PS3. Though IMO the improved AQ is worth the extra $50. :w00t:

Reports are that Sony's not selling the $500 PS3 anymore... And BD doesn't always equal better AQ. Didn't realize that Sony brainwashed you, Rico :w00t: