Planet Earth

Pete

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ing incredible! It shows like this why I dont throw my TV away! Amazing!

Totally agree. I've been amazed by it. It's something I'll probably get on DVD so that my daughter can watch it when she's a little older. Stunning, incredible stuff.

One third of the way to your vacation.

I've been on plenty of nice vacations. Hawaii, Alaska, Vancouver, San Diego, London, Buffalo ( :w00t: ). But you can't live like that every day and I don't see a problem with people wanting to see some of that stuff on a TV screen. It could very well inspire some people to go on trips to see the stuff in person!

Along similar lines, there's a cool show on the Travel channel called "1000 places to see before you die." Pretty cool show (not in HD though :w00t: ).

Yes I do, but one is much better than the other.

Who exactly is arguing that they'd rather watch nature on TV than see it in person? I'm not sure where you're coming from on this. You've taken up a ridiculous position in this thread. I have an HDTV and you know what that means...I NEVER go hiking, camping fishing or on vacation. I just stay home all day and night, my eyes bloodshot from the TV as I watch Discovery. :w00t:

Who exactly is arguing that they'd rather watch nature on TV than see it in person? I'm not sure where you're coming from on this. You've taken up a ridiculous position in this thread. I have an HDTV and you know what that means...I NEVER go hiking, camping fishing or on vacation. I just stay home all day and night, my eyes bloodshot from the TV as I watch Discovery. :w00t:

I just think it's quite interesting that people rave about watching nature on TV when the real thing is right outside their door. And people wonder why obesity is a problem.

Well, actually... We are supposed to get another 2-5" of snow today... :w00t:

But the question isn't whether you can see nature anywhere, the question was whether you can see a great white, a mountain lion, etc, etc. You can apparently see things on this program that, chacnes are, you won't be able to see. For example, my wife and I went to Alaska, but we never saw a bear the entire trip :w00t:

I think you're missing out if you're making this a mutually exclusive choice. People can enjoy nature and the documentary together. I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with that. Or are you just trying to get a rise out of people? :w00t:

In the past week I've see a coyote and dolphins. See that's another thing, people have no patience. They want to see it NOW! Where you live there are no dophins. And I was just talking yesterday on my hike with my wife that is sucks there are no robins here. So what. I'll be snorkeling in the Caribbean in a week and see all sorts of things. I can wait to experience them. I don't need to see them on TV. I'm not having a hard time with people watching a documentary on TV. I'm just saying I prefer the real thing.

Oh and BTW, getting a rise out of people is secondary. :w00t:

some of you people are pains in the ass!

this is an unbelievable show - featuring many things NEVER seen on camera before, please don't try to make me feel guilty that i didn't go looking for wildlife in Hoboken today....

Amazing stuff. Maybe next week you'll let us know that you prefer a home cooked meal to fast food.

You have a problem with what my preferences are in life? I don't watch too much TV. I don't have a HDTV or a home theater system. Maybe you need to read my sig line again. God forbid I share my opinion on a message board.

You have a problem with what my preferences are in life? I don't watch too much TV. I don't have a HDTV or a home theater system. Maybe you need to read my sig line again. God forbid I share my opinion on a message board.

People aren't complaining about your opinion, they're complaining about you telling them that they're stupid for doing what they're doing (ie: "Turn off your HDTV and enjoy life!").

CW

I was never trendy, at any age. I bought a college T-shirt once, and joined their Alumni association for 1 year, so I could use the gym.

Bad move...they've hounded me with junk mail ever since. 0:)

I have no clothing with words on them. I have 2 flat-screen CRT color TVs. HDTVs remind me of Colorforms. Stark.

Shouldn't you be sharing your opinion with people in REAL life and then coming to message boards and putting people down by telling them how you don't like corresponding with people virtually, you prefer the REAL thing!?

I shouldn’t get on you for this though. You’ve inspired me. Next football season when people start to talk about the games I’m going to interrupt threads and tell them how I prefer to PLAY football and not simply watch it. When people persist in talking about the Bills game I will persist in telling them how they should not buy tickets to the games but rather save their cash to start their own league.

Yes, you sound as ridiculous as the above paragraphs.

Shouldn't you be sharing your opinion with people in REAL life and then coming to message boards and putting people down by telling them how you don't like corresponding with people virtually, you prefer the REAL thing!?

I shouldn’t get on you for this though. You’ve inspired me. Next football season when people start to talk about the games I’m going to interrupt threads and tell them how I prefer to PLAY football and not simply watch it. When people persist in talking about the Bills game I will persist in telling them how they should not buy tickets to the games but rather save their cash to start their own league.

Point out where I put people down (or according to Fez, called them stupid) for watching nature shows on tv. My opinion is if I had my druthers (and I do every day) I would prefer the real thing. I talked about how nice the hike was I had with my wife, what's wrong with that? Sure I kidded people about spending money on HDTV but that's their choice and my opinion so what. Seems like some people took my ribbing a bit too seriously. Sounds like someone may be a bit guilty of spending too much time on the ole couch. 0:)

Stop being infantile. Or getting on some high horse, seemingly asserting you are perfection personified, and Chef is some sort of condescending snot.

Mark Twain said "It is best to keep your mouth shut and be presumed ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt.".

Act accordingly.

Point out where I put people down (or according to Fez, called them stupid) for watching nature shows on tv. My opinion is if I had my druthers (and I do every day) I would prefer the real thing. I talked about how nice the hike was I had with my wife, what's wrong with that? Sure I kidded people about spending money on HDTV but that's their choice and my opinion so what. Seems like some people took my ribbing a bit too seriously. Sounds like someone may be a bit guilty of spending too much time on the ole couch. 0:)

You weren't simply talking about how nice a walk you had with your wife. Please don't act nieve about what you were doing. You were being condecending and you knew you were.

As for the TV remark I'd take a wild guess that I watch less than you do (well, once football season is over).