Rumor: Looks like Washington is at it again, this time

There is speculation that the Redskins are looking to trade that infamous #6 pick for New England's Asante Samuel and swapping of one of the Patriots's 1st rders. It's believe that New England would then select S LaRon Landry. Landry can play either S position or even CB if need be. IF there is any truth to this, I wouldn't expect New England to swap a 1st to do this trade. A trade for Samuel should only involve the draft pick only. To get the deal done a late rd pick (5th rder or later) on New England's part should be the maximum for compensation. Samuel is franchised and that means two 1st rd picks, so just one 1st rder and Washington should feel like they got a deal.

Some of this speculation I read and some of it I heard on Sirius radio. They also said if it wasn't Landry that was the target then there was thought that it would be LB Patrick Willis . Their opinion was that Willis would be the ideal replacement for Tedy Bruschi.

If this deal were to go down with Landry, then New England would not only be getting an awesome S but they would be in a very strong position to still draft a blue chip CB. Harrison is long in tooth and coming off that serious injury, so this trade does make an awful lot of sense. Belicheck is as good as it gets as far as coaches go but his true strength is the secondary. Imagine Landry and another 1st rd CB on this team in addition to the big FA signings they did on offense. This team just doesn't go away.

You mean Washington? B-)

If only those organization could be contracted. :devil:

I actually meant New England but you know what, we're both right. Neither team will go away, one is a pain in the ass during the draft and the other one is a pain in the ass during the season.

I can hear it now, if the Patriots did trade up and drafted Landry then this would be the greatest draft move of all time. The national media will be tripping over each other stating that the Patriots know exactly what makes their defense work and in an unprecedented move they take a S early to once again be the innovators of the NFL. Ingenious!

I can hear it now, if the Patriots did trade up and drafted Landry then this would be the greatest draft move of all time. The national media willing be tripping over each other stating that the Patriots know exactly what makes their defense work and in an unprecedented move they take a S early to once again be the innovators of the NFL. Ingenious!

i see where your getting at.

...yet the bills taking Whitner at 9 was the biggest reach in NFL History. B-)

IF there is any truth to this, I wouldn't expect New England to swap a 1st to do this trade. A trade for Samuel should only involve the draft pick only. To get the deal done a late rd pick (5th rder or later) on New England's part should be the maximum for compensation.

Remember.... Washington wanted to swap first rounders with Chicago for Briggs, a franchise player. Why do you think a swap of first rounders with NE for Samuel would be out of the question?

My understanding was that the reason Chicago turned down the offer was because they didn't want to pay the contract a sixth pick in the draft would command.

This wouln't be the case with NE, and they would still have their second first round pick to replace Samuel.

Filling two secondary needs with the best safety in the draft and most likely the second or third best CB in the draft while moving a player who I believe has asked for a trade would be a great move for the hated Pats.

Think about this---- If Buffalo would have been able to franchise Clements, Washington would have been knocking on Buffalo's door offering the sixth pick, and with your scenario, the sixth pick straight up, for Clements. B-)

Why does Snyder hate his draft picks so much?

I takes too long to develop picks in his opinion. With the cap increasing at 10-15% per annum, he can continue to open his pocketbook to pay large signing bonuses without having any cap issues. If they had some real talent evaluators, this would work.

if the pats get Willis, i will seriously shed tears

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

My long time friend of 22 years and a man slightly higher in the hierarchy at my job is not only a huge NE fan but really thinks Willis is what his team needs. I will never hear the end of this.

If i knew Dan Snyder personally id tell him my car was worth $1,000,000 because i Ban&ed the hilton sisters in the back seat and that Tom Cruise christened it with his Scientology powers. ooh yea and id ask for a set of skins season tickets so i could sell them to someone for the $50,000 they go for now a days (no joke there)

Think about this---- If Buffalo would have been able to franchise Clements, Washington would have been knocking on Buffalo's door offering the sixth pick, and with your scenario, the sixth pick straight up, for Clements. 0:)

That is silly....They could have had Clements without paying any compensation to the Bills, if they had wanted it. Clements was a FA and was free to sign with anyone who was willing to guarantee him 20+M.

That is silly....They could have had Clements without paying any compensation to the Bills, if they had wanted it. Clements was a FA and was free to sign with anyone who was willing to guarantee him 20+M.

Read the first part of the line you quoted---I said if the Bills would have franchised Clements.

Therefore, if Clements was franchised, he would not be able to sign with anyone for no compensation.

Under this scenario, Washington may have pursued the same trade deal with Buffalo for Clements as they have for franchised players Briggs and Samuel.

Read the first part of the line you quoted---I said if the Bills would have franchised Clements.

Therefore, if Clements was franchised, he would not be able to sign with anyone for no compensation.

Under this scenario, Washington may have pursued the same trade deal with Buffalo for Clements as they have for franchised players Briggs and Samuel.

But they didn't make a serious attempt to get him for no compensation so why would they make the move if they had to give up something?

Sorry, but your logic doesn't make much sense. Your trying to say they would have given up something to get Clements, but for free, they pass? 0:)