Media Bias against the Bills

Bills fans love these "experts" predicting the Bills will be in the running for the #1 draft pick next year. Then, when the Bills miss the playoffs again by finishing 6-10 or 7-9 fans will say, "see, those media guys don't know anything, we didn't suck THAT badly!" Somehow fans will feel "right" and think that the media is "wrong" even though many of these fans predict 10-6 finishes every year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then explain the ball washing, media suck up, azz licking, butt lovin, superbowl destined crap that they have been paying to the piece of crap team that Miami is? Good God Almighty!!!! Saban was like the second coming if you listened to these media goobers. I agree that the media loves to bash Bufallo. Why? Because it is so easy to do so with little backlash from a small fan base. It's all about media market share and they are pandering to the masses. I'm a Bills fan and I relish the role. Every dog has his day and ours is going to be so much sweeter after having endured this.

I think this plays arole. It's easy to pick on the little guy, the fanbase is small. But , this gives the Bills an identity, as opposed to say the Jaguars or Chiefs, and I think will actually make them attractive to some people nationally.

You are so wrong.. I just saw philly and dallas on nfl replay today and walkers name kept coming up on tackle's , sacks, hurried plays... etc. to say that he won't even start is just an unfair prediction of yours.

I would be willing to bet that day one, play one, barring injury or Okoye/Branch, the Bills line up with Larry Tripplet at one DT and either Kyle Williams or John McCargo at the other. I think Darwin plays half the game, and is equal to or better than anyone we got. I just think Tripplet is going to start and will start until he plays himself out of a job. Right now I think that all of them will get approximately the same amount of plays as they very well may use Walker and Tripplet as the passing down tandem.

there has always been a bias against Buffalo, it's been pretty bad this year.

Put together a 12-4, 11-5 season, and the media will jump on the bandwagon. The media is usually a lagging indictator. Wasn't it that vaunted media that picked the Fins to win the Super Bowl last year. The bottom line is we've sucked for 7 years. So why should the media get excited until we put more W's on the board.

Media Bias against the Bills, What's behind it?

I am.

It's been me all along.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this thread, and sorry it's taken me so long to come clean. I could have spared you all all the aggravation.

Why do I do it?

That's a hell of a question. I guess it just makes me giggle, a little.

Why would he sell the team now? He's almost 90. He would have sold a long time ago if he had wanted to.

I have to call shenanignas on the whole "Ralph is looking to sell propaganda."

I am no genius by far but...I am a salesman. In attempting to sell my customers widget x, I try to convince them that they need it and it is superior

to any other widget out there...

How is it that Mort & co reasoned that Ralph is giving away everything of value the team has and purposely running it in to the ground as a prelude to a sale ???

I mean, wouldnt he want to make it look better than it is ala Rosenhous Maghee Draft day as a pre-sale Mcguillicutty ????

Im suprised ESPN didnt run an April fools day joke that the Bills were moving to Toronto..

Either way, a winning season would do wonders to shut them up...too bad they will just jump on the bandwagon instead.

Bills fans love these "experts" predicting the Bills will be in the running for the #1 draft pick next year. Then, when the Bills miss the playoffs again by finishing 6-10 or 7-9 fans will say, "see, those media guys don't know anything, we didn't suck THAT badly!" Somehow fans will feel "right" and think that the media is "wrong" even though many of these fans predict 10-6 finishes every year.

BINGO

try thinking outside of buffalo for a second. do we deserve any respect? NO. in the free agency period there's only one thing that buys respect, since there aren't any plays being made, and that's big name talent. all we've done is let big name players go, namely 4 of them, and haven't had any big name talent coming in. oh yeah and corey dillon basically told everyone he wasn't coming to buffalo cause they're losers. that didn't really help.

Well...True...This exact thing did happen last Year...I listened to the Streaming Audio of an Interview on WGR with John Clayton right before last Season. He was debating (mostly with himself) whether or not the Bills were the 3rd, 4th, or 5th worst Team in the League...I mean...He REALLY bashed the Bills pretty hard...Now We all know what happened Last Year and from Week #1 on it was pretty evident the Bills were by no means a great Team, but they were also far removed from Clayton's prediction...

The thing that kind of surprises Me about the Media bashing of the Bills is, in a way, these "experts" are bashing a Hall Of Fame HC who is pretty well liked throughout the League and known as a wise, intelligent Football mind...The fact that they give Marv no credit whatsoever for having a Plan and sticking to it does surprise Me a bit...

Screw em' all...GO BILLS!!!!! :w00t:

On third thought it is obviously the whole darn bird!!!

LOL

I am.

It's been me all along.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this thread, and sorry it's taken me so long to come clean. I could have spared you all all the aggravation.

Why do I do it?

Burn the witch. Burn him. /stacks up firewood.

Honestly, I think it's a variety of factors. Does it help that we are a small market team? No, it simply makes us easier to pick on. Lets not forget that these guys are motivated by ratings and they need to be contraversial to spark interest and debate. At the same time if we had a 10-6 season next year they would shut up. If we went 12-4 (umm maybe we shouldn't burn the witch so fast as it will take black magic to do so) we would be darlings of the media.

Last but not least, lets not forget the team lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. It makes them much easier to pick on as most casual to semi-studious fans of the game only remember that.

I agree with everyone that it's just a severe bout of paranoia. That said, I did find it a little curious that Mort actually speculated on the air that Ralph's motives might be to look to sell the team. I'm not sure why, but I find that just a little more than idle speculation. Those are the kind of purposeful rumors that can spread.

L.A. would love to jump on that purchase!

I am.

It's been me all along.

Why do I do it?

THE DEAN (said the same as Seinfeld saying "NEWMAN") You SOB I new it!......

GO BILLS!

There has been a rash of, I believe, unfair criticism of the Bills. While there has always been a bias against Buffalo, it's been pretty bad this year. I have a crazy conspiracy theory. Here goes...

When Ralph derailed the revenue sharing process, crying foul for the small-market teams, and bringing in the politicians in the process, he royally pissed off the elite owners like Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, and Daniel Snyder. These guys had a plan, and Ralphie mucked it up on them.

So what do they do? They let their close friends at ESPN, SI, etc know that they want them to lean hard on the Bills. Why? To make it harder for the Bills to attract elite talent. Think about it. What better way to put the screws to Ralph? No one would want to play here unless the Bills pay through the nose.

And if you are are a member of the sports media, you have no choice but to kowtow to the wishes of the league, or else lose access to players, coaches, etc. It's so sinister, so obvious, yet so unprovable.

So what do you think?

PTR

I think it was The Dean.

Edit

Posted before I read through the thread.........I see he's decided to own up.

Curse you, The Dean, curse you to a place where people don't often get cursed to.....just so you won't have company.

About the Bills - Cowboys game in todays chat:

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (4:08 PM ET ) That's going to be a great night with the Bills getting back on Monday night. ..especially against the Cowboys. I'm on record as saying I don't like how the Bills proceeded this off-season but I think they can still be competitive and I do really like their coaching staff. They do have to get an RB, as you know - I hear they may have offered a 2nd rounder to San Diego for Turner but that's not enough, apparently. They also have to get an LB and Patrick Willis will be tempting with that first pick.

About the Bills - Cowboys game in todays chat:

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (4:08 PM ET ) That's going to be a great night with the Bills getting back on Monday night. ..especially against the Cowboys. I'm on record as saying I don't like how the Bills proceeded this off-season but I think they can still be competitive and I do really like their coaching staff. They do have to get an RB, as you know - I hear they may have offered a 2nd rounder to San Diego for Turner but that's not enough, apparently. They also have to get an LB and Patrick Willis will be tempting with that first pick.

I guess it's not in AJ Smith's history to overplay a hand...