San Diego Union-Trib Article from TBD Frontpage

San Diego holds all the cards? Buffalo has no other options? Marshawn Lynch will be gone BEFORE the 12th pick??

Which member of the Bolt's Front Office spoon-fed this nonsense to the media?

<a href="http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070408/news_1s8nflcol.html" target="_blank">

Please....

</a>

This is a horrible article, but he is pandering to the Charger fan base.

First, as we saw in another thread, Charger fans seem to think a first round pick is not only fair, but is required. Sorry, the market says NO.

Second, all Charger fans seem to think they will get awarded a compensatory pick if they lose Turner next year as a UFA. Sorry, no guarantee that will happen.

Third, Trotter is working on the premise the Bills HAVE to have a great RB. Sorry, the RBBC approach does need a "great" back to succeed. It needs "productive" backs to work.

Personally, I hope the Bills just say no to Peterson and "Marsha", and look for a real RB next year.

April 8, 2007 San Diego. The San Diego Tribune reports that the bidding war for Turner is heating up. Several new teams have entered the competition for Turner's services. Sources close to GM A.J. Smith who asked to not be identified have said that one of the new suitors is the Colts. Although seemingly set at the running back position they have made an offer. They are said to be offering their first and second round picks this year, their second round pick next year, and QB Peyton Manning for Turner and San Diego's seventh round pick next year. GM Bill Polian was quoted as saying "You can't have too many second string backs in this league".

April 8, 2007 San Diego. The San Diego Tribune reports that the bidding war for Turner is heating up. Several new teams have entered the competition for Turner's services. Sources close to GM A.J. Smith who asked to not be identified have said that one of the new suitors is the Colts. Although seemingly set at the running back position they have made an offer. They are said to be offering their first and second round picks this year, their second round pick next year, and QB Peyton Manning for Turner and San Diego's seventh round pick next year. GM Bill Polian was quoted as saying "You can't have to many second string backs in this league".

LOL

San Diego holds all the cards? Buffalo has no other options? Marshawn Lynch will be gone BEFORE the 12th pick??

<a href="http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070408/news_1s8nflcol.html" target="_blank">

Please....

</a>

Translation. No one has offered SD wants for Turner. The newspaper story is an sign of weakness not strength. The clock is ticking for San Diego.

As far as the Bills are concerned it's not like we are one player away from the superbowl. We have lots of options with our number one pick that will make our team better. We don't need to spend the 12th pick on Turner. Pressure is all on San Diego.

Turner is like a gallon of milk on the shelf that they need to sell before it goes sour. April 30th that Gallon of milk goes on sale.

"All the elite backs will be gone by the 12th pick." So when was Michael Turner elevated to "elite back?" A 5th round pick from a mid-major school who's had a pretty good career as a back up to LT? That constitutes an elite back in the NFL???? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. SD may be holding the cards, but none of them are face cards!

PTR

"All the elite backs will be gone by the 12th pick." So when was Michael Turner elevated to "elite back?" A 5th round pick from a mid-major school who's had a pretty good career as a back up to LT? That constitutes an elite back in the NFL???? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. SD may be holding the cards, but none of them are face cards!

PTR

Turner is an outstanding player, and I would be very happy to have him as a Bill. The fact that he was a 5th round pick is a mistake by all 32 teams like when Brady went in the 6th. The fact that he is a backup is like blaming Steve Young for backing up Joe Montana. The fact that he didn't go to a top 10 school has to do with choices made when he was coming out of high school, and not with the player he is now.

But back to the point of the thread and article...the Chargers don't have all the power, and the article was ridiculous. The Bills did not trade McGahee to force them to have to land Turner. The Bills traded McGahee because they were happy finding the best alternative in round 1, round 2, or via trade to go with Thomas. Turner is a great fit for the Bills, but only if the trade makes sense and is fair. Similarly the Chargers don't have to trade Turner, and he would be a very valuable member of their 2007 team trying to win the Super Bowl.

So neither side holds all the cards. Both sides can benefit greatly from a fair trade, and both sides are fine walking away if the deal available isn't fair. I think this settles down (pending contract extension demands) to mean our 2nd rounder + another lower pick (this year or next). If the Chargers are okay with that we get a great solution to our RB situation. If not Turner enjoys SD for another year and we head into the draft deciding between the two round 1 guys or the round 2 guys.

There are three teams that must get running backs, the Bills, Titans and Packers. At least one of those teams will get one in the first round, be it Lynch or a slight chance of a trade up for Peterson. Both of the other teams could easily get by and be happy with their present guy, one of Chris Brown or Corey Dillon, plus a #2 or #3 pick. Turner is not a necessity for any team.

There are three teams that must get running backs, the Bills, Titans and Packers. At least one of those teams will get one in the first round, be it Lynch or a slight chance of a trade up for Peterson. Both of the other teams could easily get by and be happy with their present guy, one of Chris Brown or Corey Dillon, plus a #2 or #3 pick. Turner is not a necessity for any team.

Nice take Kelly, I agree totally. If a 2nd rder or a combination of 3rd rd picks between this year's and next doesn't get it done then we should move on and take a RB with either our 2nd rder or one of our 3rd. No need for us to sweat this Turner.

is nt the market set ?? thomas jones went for 2nd.. macgahee roughly equivalent 2- 3rds.. is turner

bette?? , market is set ! two 3 's or mid 2nd,, I wonder which team fits that .. I think if they get to

the 2nd and "their" guy is there they pick a back , if not turner will be a bill.. QUESTION IS WHO IS

THE GUY THEY WAIT ON?/???? BRIAN LEONARD , ANTONIO PITTMAN..ETC... IF THEY REALLY WANT TO GO

rbbc LEONARD IS MY CHOICE...

Hello all. I am new and am a Charger fan from San Diego. I have been following your board after hearing the Turner to Bills rumors. Great board by the way. With regards to this article, I agree with you 100%. The Bolts and AJ do not have all the power. The Bills have other options than Turner. I do think Lynch will be available at 12. I do not this is AJ spewing disinformation. I think it is an overzealous/blinded/stupid reporter. AJ knows you have other options and the Bills know that too. I hope we can work something out that works for both teams. Neither team is desperate or out of options. I believe AJ has a set value on Turner (less than a 1 and 3). If he does not get what his value is, he wont trade Turner. I love Turner and think he will be a great back. If we trade him, great. But if not then that is fine too. Under Norv, our backs will get a lot of play. Turner will get more runs to keep LT fresh. Turner will also return kicks and be an insurance policy for LT. I do hope AJ trades him if the price is right. Either way, the article is BS. Neither team is out of options. The Chargers do not HAVE to trade Turner, nor is Turner the bills only option. Good luck guys. You will probably hear more from me in the upcoming weeks.

Hello all. I am new and am a Charger fan from San Diego. I have been following your board after hearing the Turner to Bills rumors. Great board by the way. With regards to this article, I agree with you 100%. The Bolts and AJ do not have all the power. The Bills have other options than Turner. I do think Lynch will be available at 12. I do not this is AJ spewing disinformation. I think it is an overzealous/blinded/stupid reporter. AJ knows you have other options and the Bills know that too. I hope we can work something out that works for both teams. Neither team is desperate or out of options. I believe AJ has a set value on Turner (less than a 1 and 3). If he does not get what his value is, he wont trade Turner. I love Turner and think he will be a great back. If we trade him, great. But if not then that is fine too. Under Norv, our backs will get a lot of play. Turner will get more runs to keep LT fresh. Turner will also return kicks and be an insurance policy for LT. I do hope AJ trades him if the price is right. Either way, the article is BS. Neither team is out of options. The Chargers do not HAVE to trade Turner, nor is Turner the bills only option. Good luck guys. You will probably hear more from me in the upcoming weeks.

Welcome and nice insight. No doubt Buffalo could stand to use someone like Turner but unfortunately we have too many other needs that have to be addressed. Buffalo can't pay a king's ransom and won't but if it gets alittle pricey then maybe using something out of next year's draft can make a difference in addition to a first day pick this year.

Good luck to your team and it's season, you guys right now have it going on.

Realizing that TBD has a real need at the position of intelligent poster SDS has been said to be floating trade offers for San Diego's Surfratt. Initial rumors that Clumping Platelets was offered in a straight up trade have proven false. SDS has already plainly stated that CP "means way too much this site" to be considered. More likely TBD would have to package Pyrite Gal and another poster such as Frez to pull the deal off.

Please....

</a>

Yeah, I saw that. I have no clue or why anyone would think Lynch will be gone at 12

B-)
April 8, 2007 San Diego. The San Diego Tribune reports that the bidding war for Turner is heating up. Several new teams have entered the competition for Turner's services. Sources close to GM A.J. Smith who asked to not be identified have said that one of the new suitors is the Colts. Although seemingly set at the running back position they have made an offer. They are said to be offering their first and second round picks this year, their second round pick next year, and QB Peyton Manning for Turner and San Diego's seventh round pick next year. GM Bill Polian was quoted as saying "You can't have too many second string backs in this league".
:devil::devil::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Realizing that TBD has a real need at the position of intelligent poster SDS has been said to be floating trade offers for San Diego's Surfratt. Initial rumors that Clumping Platelets was offered in a straight up trade have proven false. SDS has already plainly stated that CP "means way too much this site" to be considered. More likely TBD would have to package Pyrite Gal and another poster such as Frez to pull the deal off.
I don't think we can afford to lose Frez, how about Pyrite Gal, the new Sopranno, & "crayonz" B-)