Bills And Bolts are talking trade talks

I just hope Marv realizes we are the ones with the upper hand here, this guy walks next year regardless, and there are other backs in this draft that can be had. No need to give too much, I say a 3rd and 4th, and I liked the idea of swapping 2nd rounders and giving them a higher 3rd.

I think that Marv will do the right thing.........

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article in the SD Union and Tribune makes me laugh.

Article

The idea that Smith is dealing from a position of power is downright arrogant. If Tennessee or Buffalo panics first then sure Smith wins. But if that doesn't happen, Smith will have to trade Turner for the best offer he gets, whether it's on draft day or before. This ain't ebay we're talking about here. It's the NFL.

I believe the writer is forgetting the draft provides plenty of options. It's not as though Turner is the only solution.

Article

The idea that Smith is dealing from a position of power is downright arrogant. If Tennessee or Buffalo panics first then sure Smith wins. But if that doesn't happen, Smith will have to trade Turner for the best offer he gets, whether it's on draft day or before. This ain't ebay we're talking about here. It's the NFL.

I believe the writer is forgetting the draft provides plenty of options. It's not as though Turner is the only solution.

I also find it interesting that he thinks both Peterson and Lynch will both be gone by the time the Bills pick at #12. Unless there is a trade up by some other team, I'm curious to know who will pick Lynch in the top ten.

I also find it interesting that he thinks both Peterson and Lynch will both be gone by the time the Bills pick at #12. Unless there is a trade up by some other team, I'm curious to know who will pick Lynch in the top ten.

I was thinking the same thing...Maybe He was saying they would both be gone by Tennessee @ #19...It (the Article) was definitely a "Home Town" view of the situation...Though I do believe AJ has no problem keeping Turner for one more Year only to see Him gone in 2008 without compensation...The Chargers are REAL close to a Championship and having Turner as insurance in case LT goes down for a few Games is certainly not a bad thing...But I don't think anyone is negotiating from a "position of power" in this situation...The Bills can still Trade up for Peterson or sit tight and take Lynch...Heck they can even wait till the 2nd or 3rd Round and get a decent Rookie RB...Tennessee already has L. White and may still bring Chris Brown back, sign a Vet like Dillon, hope Lynch falls to #19, or take a RB later on...The Chargers, as good as they are, still have holes to fill especially at DB, WR, and LB...Extra 1st Day Picks for a Team as good as the Chargers is never a bad thing...Even if it's a late 3rd Round Pick...Also, the Team that Trades for Turner still has to give up a Pick or Picks for the right to spend a TON of Cap money on a long Term Deal. That factors in as well...

So I don't think think any one of the 3 Teams is dealing from a prominent position, which is likely the reason a Deal has yet to happen...Again, My guess is AJ takes the best deal He can get, maybe a swap of 2nd Round Picks plus an extra 3rd (maybe in 2008), and this Deal gets done...But I will not be surprised by anything that happens with Turner...Looks like as soon as one Team bends just a bit somthing can happen here...But I will not be shocked whatsoever if Turner is a Charger again in 2007...:thumbdown:

Marv and Ralph are way too smart to be influenced by a shill who is a sorry excuse for a sportswriter. They will do the right thing. If we get Turner it will be a fair price.

Article

no because smith does not have to trade turner.yes the bills and titans have options .such as drafting a runningback.the chargers do not need to trade turner.yes next year he will be a unrestricted free agent and the chargers would probably get a compensatory pick if they do not sign any free agents.the only thing in the bills and titans favor is the bills and titans would give the chargers far more than a compensatory pick if they traded with the chargers for michael turner.go bills in"07

no because smith does not have to trade turner.yes the bills and titans have options .such as drafting a runningback.the chargers do not need to trade turner.yes next year he will be a unrestricted free agent and the chargers would probably get a compensatory pick if they do not sign any free agents.the only thing in the bills and titans favor is the bills and titans would give the chargers far more than a compensatory pick if they traded with the chargers for michael turner.go bills in"07

As a Charger fan from SD, I agree that this article is a joke. The Bills do have other options. Lynch should be there at 12. I also believe that the Chargers do not have to trade Turner. Yes, I would love to get some picks for him, but would not be upset if he stays. As the poster above me stated we do not have to trade Turner, both teams have options. If Turner stays he will get a lot of playing time. He will spell LT to keep him fresh (probably more so this year as Norv runs a lot), return kicks and be insurance incase LT gets injured. Having 2 good running backs is almost a necessity in the league today. If Turner goes, the picks will help us. If he stays, he will help us and we probably will get a comp pick in the future. Neither team has to make the trade. But I hope we can work something out B-)

As a Charger fan from SD, I agree that this article is a joke. The Bills do have other options. Lynch should be there at 12. I also believe that the Chargers do not have to trade Turner. Yes, I would love to get some picks for him, but would not be upset if he stays. As the poster above me stated we do not have to trade Turner, both teams have options. If Turner stays he will get a lot of playing time. He will spell LT to keep him fresh (probably more so this year as Norv runs a lot), return kicks and be insurance incase LT gets injured. Having 2 good running backs is almost a necessity in the league today. If Turner goes, the picks will help us. If he stays, he will help us and we probably will get a comp pick in the future. Neither team has to make the trade. But I hope we can work something out B-)

Thanks for your input, surfratt. I know it's just conjecture but what do you think is the lowest AJ will go in a trade. No one offers him a first or a swap of firsts, or maybe nothing more than a swap of seconds (12 instead of 30) and a conditional 3rd next year.